Inofficial Paul Inouye Defence Thread!

242 replies to this topic

#181 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostStone Profit, on 06 March 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

How will paying for 1 extra module slot make you guaranteed to win? oh wait, IT WONT! but hey keep thinking it does its okay for you to be wrong.

Bubba. You are NOT allowed to use rationality or evidence in these forums to make your point. Please go back to the logical world you came from.

Good job not being able to extrapolate from a trend. We're not talking about 1 module slot here, we're talking about players being able to purchase equipment for a competitive advantage.

#182 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 06 March 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

depending on how it works, faster may well equal better. That we don't know yet.

Especially depending on the damage difference.

500 damage and 650 damage is a big difference, but its both enough to demolish a mech. (not saying the air strike modules do that, but it illustrates my point. Faster very well could be better. We'll have to see about that one)

#183 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

I think then if this is the real issue behind this premium items. Then paul should have sit with those people and show them forums and what players thinks. I mean this players allready collected 5 milions together to put this idea into practice. And they are screeeaaming for what they want to pay and for what they dont want to. Isnt here little bit possibility that at least this people which allready put loads of money into it and are still here willing spend much more?

Personaly for me mechs are really expensive, paying 15 dolars just for one mech if they would cost much less like 5 i might buy more of them but am not buying mech for 15 or even 30 dolars. At this point i will just better buy some other game for 30 which will give me more fun time then one mech.Also that ingame commercials what somebody allready suggested would be good idea. We are allready living in age of visual smoke so it wouldnt hurt if some billboards or some bottle with logo or better company truck which u can stomp with ur mech. That i think can generate some "not counted" additional income.

edit: Also i can imagine some nice cash can come from posters and T-shirts caps, etc... You allready guys have everything ready you have 3d models scetches all those nice thingies which can be put on tshirts and posters small flyers. People would definitly buy posters with their favorite mech and MWO logo in the middle, heck u have those posters allready in concept site on web. I would love to have poster with all mech scetches and so on.

Edited by JuiceKeeper, 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#184 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 06 March 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

why would you use zoom when you could add a Air strike or Adv targeting.

Well I wouldn't. We have yet to see how these will be implemented in game so I can neither defend or attack them as being P2W. I absolutely hate P2W and will not waste my time playing a P2W game and would be fuming right along with you so I sincerely hope they are implemented in a fair way.

The one extra slot issue seems to be the problem here I just do not consider it one at this time. It is still BETA and there are more modules to come as well as fixing the ones already here so we do not even have all the information yet. If these things do have a serious negative effect on the game they can be changed. There is no point in people going mental about it before they even see how effective it will be in game.

#185 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

...and holy **** Vassago liked a post I made, after eleventy billion times that we have locked horns.

Talk about proof.

Edited by Yokaiko, 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#186 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostFiachdubh, on 06 March 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Well I wouldn't. We have yet to see how these will be implemented in game so I can neither defend or attack them as being P2W. I absolutely hate P2W and will not waste my time playing a P2W game and would be fuming right along with you so I sincerely hope they are implemented in a fair way.

The one extra slot issue seems to be the problem here I just do not consider it one at this time. It is still BETA and there are more modules to come as well as fixing the ones already here so we do not even have all the information yet. If these things do have a serious negative effect on the game they can be changed. There is no point in people going mental about it before they even see how effective it will be in game.

Wait until it's in the game before you complain! It's BETA, stop complaining!

This is why we can't have rational discussions around here. Go look at the command chair post and see how they intend to implement coolant flush. If you've played the game you can extrapolate how it will affect the game. Don't tell me you can't because it's not in the game yet, that's just an excuse.

#187 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostSuper Mono, on 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Wait until it's in the game before you complain! It's BETA, stop complaining!

This is why we can't have rational discussions around here. Go look at the command chair post and see how they intend to implement coolant flush. If you've played the game you can extrapolate how it will affect the game. Don't tell me you can't because it's not in the game yet, that's just an excuse.

Again Beta ended when they did the last wipe and made premium time permanent.

This was a stated intention. Welcome to the world of F2P

#188 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 06 March 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

If they didn't intend on crossing it, MC only modules for the same effect and LESS slots wouldn't exist.

Actually, I think you have that backwards. If they intended to go P2W, Cbill versions would not exist at all and they would not be tied to module slots restricting how many can be used. Furthermore, they would remove the 1 per match use limit and just put them down on a 1 min or 30sec cooldown.

People would mash them with abandon and both the cash and tears would flow.

Clearly this is not the case.

View PostYokaiko, on 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

...and holy **** Vassago liked a post I made, after eleventy billion times that we have locked horns.

Talk about proof.

Don't let it go to your head, he's like several of mine as well....

Edited by Bubba Wilkins, 06 March 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#189 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 06 March 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

I think the moneymonkeys told him: "You shall make a cash cow item! Now! Or you WILL get fired and you get a new guy that is doing your job!"

"I was only doing what I was ordered"
SUCH a viable excuse right?

#190 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

View PostBubba Wilkins, on 06 March 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Actually, I think you have that backwards. If they intended to go P2W, Cbill versions would not exist at all and they would not be tied to module slots restricting how many can be used. Furthermore, they would remove the 1 per match use limit and just put them down on a 1 min or 30sec cooldown.

People would mash them with abandon and both the cash and tears would flow.

Clearly this is not the case.

Go look up foot-in-the-door technique. This is clearly a case of that.

#191 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

View PostSuper Mono, on 06 March 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

So now you've justified that you will get stomped, but it's ok, they'd stomp you anyway! They used gold ammo and gold sinks but it's ok, I was going to get stomped anyway! Who cares about a competitive game with no players abusing pay2win advantages, I was just going to lose anyway! I hope you enjoy being a farmed NPC for the premium player master race.

That is not what I was saying, maybe I did not phrase it clearly in which case my apologies.

What I was trying to imply is that coolant flush will not be enough to allow poor pilots to suddenly beat good pilots. They would still be stomping me because they are a better player than me two coolant flushes will not make the difference

I would not put up with been beaten by someone using 'gold' tanks and rounds no matter how badly they would of beaten me in a fair fight and would not play the game if it goes that way. That is the very reason I stopped playing WoT. I merely disagree that saving one extra slot over the c-bill version makes it P2W.

#192 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostSuper Mono, on 06 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Bingo.

#193 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Defending Paul? Really? You mean Paul Inouye, the Lead Designer, who is responsible for this mess despite stating how they were all "highly competitive players" in several games and want MWO to become a highly competitive game in e-sports leagues? Would you please name only one such league that integrates games which need you to invest real in game money to be competitive? He lied, in our faces.

#194 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostFiachdubh, on 06 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

That is not what I was saying, maybe I did not phrase it clearly in which case my apologies.

What I was trying to imply is that coolant flush will not be enough to allow poor pilots to suddenly beat good pilots. They would still be stomping me because they are a better player than me two coolant flushes will not make the difference

I would not put up with been beaten by someone using 'gold' tanks and rounds no matter how badly they would of beaten me in a fair fight and would not play the game if it goes that way. That is the very reason I stopped playing WoT. I merely disagree that saving one extra slot over the c-bill version makes it P2W.

That's the big concern everyone has. it's a small advantage now after they said they wouldn't add anything of the sort in the past. But they've already gone back on their word once so there's no guarantee they won't do it again, or with more egregious equipment in the future.

#195 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Still in beta. lol WoT is still in beta 2 this is what year 3 or 4 for them. f2p games never leave beta this is the game it's live and ******* off the players.

Edited by Rizzwind, 06 March 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#196 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostShredhead, on 06 March 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

Defending Paul? Really? You mean Paul Inouye, the Lead Designer, who is responsible for this mess despite stating how they were all "highly competitive players" in several games and want MWO to become a highly competitive game in e-sports leagues? Would you please name only one such league that integrates games which need you to invest real in game money to be competitive? He lied, in our faces.

I think he was looking at WoT too much and lost perspective. This has been a copy of that right down to the payment scheme from the4 start and people have been predicting exactly this from the start.

#197 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostSuper Mono, on 06 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Not really. You can't identify a foot-in-the-door or first-taste-is-free or any number of techniques from the outside based on the initial offer. You can only make this determination after subsequent events in the chain have unfolded.

The Hero Mech precedent already supports that this is NOT the case.

#198 Thedrelle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 160 posts

There is a spot on this forum to discuss specifically consumables. why are we ignoring the devs and discussing it here?

Do you want your comments, worthless or worthwhile to be missed?

and why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

#199 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

View PostSuper Mono, on 06 March 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

if you think coolant flush isn't a big advantage then have fun lowering your Elo score on the 19th.

View PostYokaiko, on 06 March 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

What about when you run into an entire team of them, and they are ALL running MC only modules.

The only difference between the c-bill and MC version is it takes up one slot less. Since I am not currently using any slots (saving my GXP for the moment) if I choose to use these perishables then I am at no further disadvantage than I already was.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 06 March 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#200 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostBubba Wilkins, on 06 March 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Not really. You can't identify a foot-in-the-door or first-taste-is-free or any number of techniques from the outside based on the initial offer. You can only make this determination after subsequent events in the chain have unfolded.

The Hero Mech precedent already supports that this is NOT the case.

So we just wait for gold ammo and gold sinks to completely ruin the game before we put a stop to the trend early on. Wonderful idea.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users