Inofficial Paul Inouye Defence Thread!

242 replies to this topic

#121 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostHeeden, on 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

I also think that if coolant flush is worth having, the ability to use it in two doses is going to be superior to having to use it in one go.

View PostProtection, on 06 March 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

If it wasn't any sort of a balance problem, they why not let free players buy all the same modules and equipment that an MC player can purchase, entirely for C-Bills.

#122 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostProtection, on 06 March 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

No it doesn't, it kills the game. Huge chunks of the community will leave over this, reducing players and reducing revenue, and forever ruining any kind of word of mouth -- MW:O will be Pay2Win forever. The label will be inescapable and true, and will drive potential new players to other games.

And now tell me why WoT isn't ruined yet? Or STO. Or any other onlinegame where you can buy advantages with money?

I really get the impression that half of the forum are some fat kiddies who never did some real competitive sports. If you have to buy a 130.000,00€ bycicle to stay competitive in the amateur ligue ... than you know the real meaning of P2W. And not some 0,02$ coolant flush -.-

#123 Grumbling Coot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think you guys really need to stop complaining about something that isn't even in game yet. You have all said your piece and can rest easy knowing that when it actually does come into the game you can tell everybody "I told you so".

Until then, please stop flooding the forum with these threads.

#124 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

rlmoney>internetskillz
No matter how skilled you might be at a game if you are poor irl then you do not deserve to win!

notyetbutitisstarting! :wub:

#125 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostLyrik, on 06 March 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

And now tell me why WoT isn't ruined yet? Or STO. Or any other onlinegame where you can buy advantages with money?

World of Tanks was one of the first Free to Play titles. Like League of Legends, it was one of the games that got there first.

Emulating the worst business practices of World of Tanks isn't going to bring in any players, it's going to drive away the guys who are here because they didn't want to put up with WoT ******** like Golden Ammo.

And Star Trek Online is a game with a large focus on PvE and MMO experience. I sincerely doubt it would be popular if PvP was the only aspect to the game.

#126 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Lyrik

Grumbling Coot

Wispsy

Goons in hiding and no one cares what they have to say so bye bye goons.

#127 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

View PostGrumbling Coot, on 06 March 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

I think you guys really need to stop complaining about something that isn't even in game yet. You have all said your piece and can rest easy knowing that when it actually does come into the game you can tell everybody "I told you so".

Until then, please stop flooding the forum with these threads.

That means nothing. The survival of this gme comes before the little bit of pride I would get with a "told you so."

#128 Heeden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

View PostWispsy, on 06 March 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

rlmoney>internetskillz
No matter how skilled you might be at a game if you are poor irl then you do not deserve to win!

True story, I reckon I'm always losing against pay-2-winners with their expensive keyboards and mice,

#129 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostWispsy, on 06 March 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

rlmoney>internetskillz

Most of you people make me laugh :unsure: instead of posting about P2WIN which who gives a crap really why dont you post about changes to the game that would make MWO into a true Mechwarrior game????? Chat lobby/1v1-12v12 drops/mechlab config saves/ETC stuff that might make this game not such a grind festival and a shallow attempt at a true MechWarrior title????

#130 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 06 March 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Most of you people make me laugh :wub: instead of posting about P2WIN which who gives a crap really why dont you post about changes to the game that would make MWO into a true Mechwarrior game????? Chat lobby/1v1-12v12 drops/mechlab config saves/ETC stuff that might make this game not such a grind festival and a shallow attempt at a true MechWarrior title????

Well none of them matter if I am poor right?

#131 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Most of you people make me laugh :wub: instead of posting about P2WIN which who gives a crap really why dont you post about changes to the game that would make MWO into a true Mechwarrior game????? Chat lobby/1v1-12v12 drops/mechlab config saves/ETC stuff that might make this game not such a grind festival and a shallow attempt at a true MechWarrior title????

Maybe because none of that will be worth doing if we know people will just buy their way to win it? Just maybe.

#132 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

We must first strain out the filth before dumping more in, or we may drown.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 06 March 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#133 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 06 March 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Lyrik

Goons in hiding and no one cares what they have to say so bye bye goons.

???

Can't wait to bomb you back to oblvion with my MC p2W airstrikes :-P

No wonder you need hookers :-P
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2006156

Edited by Lyrik, 06 March 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#134 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 06 March 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Maybe because none of that will be worth doing if we know people will just buy their way to win it? Just maybe.

Well HERO why dont you change accounts with me Mr Elite Founder? it would seem your not that poor and im sure you have many other paid items on your account? so your point it mute to one who has less on there account? :wub: 

Edited by KingCobra, 06 March 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#135 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

You don't have a big enough bank roll to beat me on my worst day Lyrik. But I'll give you an A for effort.

#136 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

I think its more than a bit funny that when we finally get faced with something that is literally an advantage, people then move the goal posts. "Oh, its not that bad, so its not pay 2 win."

It you get an advantage for paying. Its "pay 2 win". Don't let the stupid hyperbole name of that phrase let you misunderstand. You are PAYING for a gameplay EDGE. This is an edge, no way about it (so long as you can read and realize its one flush per module. Some people seem to be having issues with that still).

Just think about it. You might want to say "oh stop whining, its not that bad." Do you realize what you're doing by saying that? You're brushing aside a serious issue. It will affect the game heavily. It is bad. In fact, its one module slot, and maybe 15% more bad.

Do not let your willingness to 'let it slide' get the better of you. Realize how this will affect competitiveness in this game, and how every edge counts. Why do you think people min-max their mechs (even if its not normally a "top" mech)? Every edge counts in this game, and if you have to pay for it, people will do so. And if you do not, they will ALWAYS have those combined edges over you. It only takes a few inches to make a box cutter into a long knife. These edges will ruin competition, ruin trust between groups, ruin people's moods, cause frustration, drive potential users away, drive current users away, and be generally a plague upon the game for the rest of its existence.

If the edges were truly "not that bad", then why can't we purchase them for c-bills? Why is there an exclusive branch that we can't touch without reaching for our wallets? Because they're better.

In terms of defending Paul; he needs no defense. If he made this system, he can make it better. It is his job, after all, and I'm sure he has plenty of feedback (vitriol or no) at this point. As I said, why is the top tier so exclusive as to require MC? What happened to paying for convenience, and not power? Make it like that, and I'd be fine with it.

Edited by Orzorn, 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#137 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I hope Paul and PGI make shitloads of money off of coolant flushes so they can keep the game going and improving. It is not P2W, once or twice a match? If your mech is running that hot it is not going to be that much help. If you think it is that powerfull buy it with c-bills, I won't be using it at all.

#138 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostFiachdubh, on 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

I hope Paul and PGI make shitloads of money off of coolant flushes so they can keep the game going and improving. It is not P2W, once or twice a match? If your mech is running that hot it is not going to be that much help. If you think it is that powerfull buy it with c-bills, I won't be using it at all.

It's not about the coolant it's about the mod slots it uses to keep up with the MC one.

Edited by Rizzwind, 06 March 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#139 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

I look forward to you defending upcoming and more powerful premium modules in the future!

#140 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Pay2WIN or no Pay2Win does not matter if the game stays as it is i cant see anyone getting rich off of it at PGI/IGP which are the same people except a few becouse the game really becoumes un-fun real fast no real content and no progression.Nothing to keep and hold new players for long these are the worst of the truth and Pay2Win items are the least of MWO'S problems.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users