#101 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostJazzbandit1313, on 27 March 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

please oh please oh please no direct x 11...i'll have to buy a new video card then! :/

My understanding from back in closed beta when they first discussed implemented CryEngine 3.4 and discussed DX was that DirectX 11 would be an option you could turn on, while the default would be DirectX 9. So you always had the option of running MWO in DX9 mode (as it is now) but if your graphics card could handle it, you could switch to DX11.

I wish I could link you to the thread this was from, but it was in the closed beta section of the site, which has since been removed.

#102 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Syllogy, I don't know if I can actually consider this CONFIRMED, but it can be marked as 'under consideration and discussion' with the PGI company.

As of recently, Garth had said in my thread for A Sincere Consideration for PGI that while they would consider this to happen, that they cannot wave their magic wand and make it happen as the game is less than a year old, in regards to players/users/fans submitting map content.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2138308

So at this time, they are considering it, but it's probably going to take legal and other considerations before this might see the light of day.

In the meantime I've opened a new thread for fans to submit their MAP Content and discuss new ideas in the Fan Art Forums.

Thanks.

#103 Fuzzbox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 08 March 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Last Update: March 26
Hot Notes:
  • No Timeline Rollback
April/May ETA:
  • Details of Clans, Clan Technology, and Omni Mechs
May/June ETA:
  • Orion - Heavy (Assuming July)

Probably reaching page 200 as this is typed, but I have to put in some stuff.

1) No timeline rollback
This is fine as no-one anyway has any clue about when clans will arrive or when the 3050 tech will be available as the meta game is already totally in the dark. My personal interpretation is that the clans are soon here, so scrap all of the 3025 tech that could have made a balanced interesting team warfare game in favor of 3 second matches at 150 kph.

2) Details of clans etc.
Introduced 1st of May (workers day) completely nullifying everything IS in favor of twitch shooting dual ERPPC's

3) Orion in July?
I'm out of here, I would have loved to pilot the Orion (this is an iconic 'Mech in class with the Atlas), but at this time I will be having my Stormcrow in alpha config running at about 300pkh with damage that will make an IS lance cry (300 kph is what I would expect it to be at with the current speeds 'Mechs are running around at whilst designed at completely different speeds)

Yes, I currently believe this game is not going in the right direction, it is way to fast paced (dodging an AC20 should mean something), and has way too much firepower (even with doubled armor, having the recycle times reduced removes the edge, and with coolant flush makes it a joke)

Edited by Ingrid, 28 March 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#104 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

This isn't a thread for opinions, it's a thread for facts. I'm sorry you feel the game is going badly, but this isn't the thread to express it.

#105 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostJazzbandit1313, on 27 March 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

please oh please oh please no direct x 11...i'll have to buy a new video card then! :/

You won't be forced to play with it.

#106 Akrasjel Lanate

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Orion :ph34r:

#107 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 26 March 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Haven't seen evidence of that anywhere, if you can provide a link, I'll get it updated though.

My understanding is that DropShip mode will be a completely new game mode (like Conquest or Assault), which wouldn't, in itself, lend any reason to drop it in favor of lobby play.

Sorry for the late replay, but I've found it (in Hemler's Developer tracker):
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2104034
EDIT: Just saw that you already updated it so nvm.

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 30 March 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#108 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

There are interesting tid bits in the following articles.

http://www.polygon.c...ild-and-faction
http://www.ign.com/a...-now-and-launch
and
http://www.gamefly.c...r/#.UVbmS1eyLoY

Full tutorial for new players by end of summer.
12v12 in the next 60 to 90 days.
Team leaders to disseminate orders through squad commanders who are in charge of groups of four mechs.
CW phase one in June/July.
UI 2.0 June/July.
Merc Corps can control territory.
Possibility of Lone Wolf pirates that can fight against IS or Clan.
Version 1.0 by the end of Summer 2013.

#109 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostBelorion, on 30 March 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

There are interesting tid bits in the following articles.

http://www.polygon.c...ild-and-faction
http://www.ign.com/a...-now-and-launch
and
http://www.gamefly.c...r/#.UVbmS1eyLoY

Full tutorial for new players by end of summer.
12v12 in the next 60 to 90 days.
Team leaders to disseminate orders through squad commanders who are in charge of groups of four mechs.
CW phase one in June/July.
UI 2.0 June/July.
Merc Corps can control territory.
Possibility of Lone Wolf pirates that can fight against IS or Clan.
Version 1.0 by the end of Summer 2013.

Great find, got it posted up. Thanks again!

#110 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I might not get very popular with this but here goes: About damn time pgi cuts of some sections for the freeloaders, premium time to play merc corps hells yeah! hopefully they wont give in to all the whine from all those who wants it all for free

#111 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

I might not get very popular with this but here goes: About damn time pgi cuts of some sections for the freeloaders, premium time to play merc corps hells yeah! hopefully they wont give in to all the whine from all those who wants it all for free

Except you're totally wrong about that.

#112 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

View Postjakucha, on 31 March 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

Except you're totally wrong about that.

how?

#113 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

how?

They might make it so premium time merc users get MC rewards along with C-bills, but they're still in thinking stage. Doesn't require a subscription to be in one.

Edited by jakucha, 31 March 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#114 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

quote from the polygon interview:
[color=#000000]
The lone wolf play style is what players currently have in the game today; the NPC factions will be free-to-play; the Merc Corps, on the other hand, will be monetized. "We're looking at possibly charging a one-time setup fee," Ekman said. "This is just to make sure there's not a flood of one-player corps.[/color]
[color=#000000]
"We really want people who participate in this to be as engaged as possible. And we'll probably require them to have a premium time account, as a kind of dedication level." That premium time account can be purchased in quantities ranging from daily to monthly to bi-annually, with the 30-day pack costing $10.[/color]

edited in sizes

edited again for this question WHERE WAS I WRONG !!!

Edited by loliza, 31 March 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#115 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

quote from the polygon interview:

The lone wolf play style is what players currently have in the game today; the NPC factions will be free-to-play; the Merc Corps, on the other hand, will be monetized. "We're looking at possibly charging a one-time setup fee," Ekman said. "This is just to make sure there's not a flood of one-player corps.

"We really want people who participate in this to be as engaged as possible. And we'll probably require them to have a premium time account, as a kind of dedication level." That premium time account can be purchased in quantities ranging from daily to monthly to bi-annually, with the 30-day pack costing $10.
edited in sizes

Yeah, something went wrong one way or another but that's not what they meant.

Posted Image

#116 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

**** this free to play ****... also it is clearly stated in the text from twitter that u will have to pay once to get in and then you might not have to pay again but YOU DO HAVE TO PAY ATLEAST ONCE

#117 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

**** this free to play ****... also it is clearly stated in the text from twitter that u will have to pay once to get in and then you might not have to pay again but YOU DO HAVE TO PAY ATLEAST ONCE

Which post says that?

#118 Colaessus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

So it looks like all this bad press is actually answered all right here.

Funny that, all you flaming forum warriors will actually have what they have been complaining about. lol

#119 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

View Postjakucha, on 31 March 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Yeah, something went wrong one way or another but that's not what they meant.

Posted Image

roger e crawfords second question read it carefully he ask if you have to pay to stay in merc corps, and the answer is no, leading from that and the interview from polygon you have to pay to get in once as we were told an entrance fee

edit: why would you pay for staying in something that was free to join to start with

Edited by loliza, 31 March 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#120 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

roger e crawfords second question read it carefully he ask if you have to pay to stay in merc corps, and the answer is no, leading from that and the interview from polygon you have to pay to get in once as we were told an entrance fee

edit: why would you pay for staying in something that was free to join to start with

He said that you can possibly get MC with C-bills if you have premium, rather than just C-bill for non-premium. Not that you need premium to be in a merc. unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users