Upcoming Content Tracker - Last Updated December 17Th

562 replies to this topic

#121 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

his question features a part a and a part b plz l2read man english is my third lang and i seem to be understanding this better than you

#122 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

english is my third lang

I can tell in this case. He clearly says if they give out MC rewards in Community Warfare, you may or may not need premium in order to get specific MC rewards. No where does it say you need premium in order to take part in Community warfare or to be in a merc. unit.

#123 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

ok i really didnt want to dumb this down for you any further but here goes

Roger E Crawford ask: final question. do merc core members have to have a premium account to A stay in a merc corp B get CW benefits. thanks.

Bryan Ekman answers: a. no b . were still deciding if we start giving out CW MC rewards weather or not player should have premium acct.

i have bolded and underlined what was important to our discussion

now leading from what he asked: if you would have to pay to stay in merc corps it implies that somewhere along the road u had to pay to join wich the interview from polygon supports.
and from the polygon interview:
[color=#000000]Merc Corps, on the other hand, will be monetized.[/color]

#124 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Roger E Crawford ask: final question. do merc core members have to have a premium account to A stay in a merc corp B get CW benefits. thanks.

Bryan Ekman answers: a. no b . were still deciding if we start giving out CW MC rewards weather or not player should have premium acct.

now leading from what he asked: if you would have to pay to stay in merc corps it implies that somewhere along the road u had to pay to join wich the interview from polygon supports.

So you're speculating and guessing is what you really mean.

#125 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Like Syllogy stated before.

This thread is for facts not opinions, take your bickering out of this thread.

#126 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

View Postjakucha, on 31 March 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

So you're speculating and guessing is what you really mean.

It is pretty clear: In CW, if you are playing for free, you will only receive C-Bills as a reward.

If you are a Premium player, you might be receive C-Bills + MC rewards.

In either case, Merc Corps will not require players to be in Premium Status.

#127 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 31 March 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

It is pretty clear: In CW, if you are playing for free, you will only receive C-Bills as a reward.

If you are a Premium player, you might be receive C-Bills + MC rewards.

In either case, Merc Corps will not require players to be in Premium Status.

Yep, exactly what I'm saying. Many of the posts I've read on this are fine with that, as opposed to having to have premium to even join a merc unit which would be bad.

#128 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

just wondering how Lonewolf's will fit in CW. I like being independent and fight battles I choose to fight or that's in my best interest!. unless somehow the Grey Death Legion will make an official appearance, that would make me join a Merc Corp. anyway interesting and exciting at the same time...

#129 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postloliza, on 31 March 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

The implication is that there would be a one-time setup fee for a merc corp. If you join an existing corp, then it would be free for you.

#130 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

If y'all go over to the larger thread about this issue, you will see that the interviewer didn't stutter nor did Bryan.

The press and devote players are not groups to josh.

#131 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

I would think the MASC would come with the Flea. In Ask the Devs 34 (I think) they said something about having equipment and weapons being released with the mechs they come stock on. And since MASC somes standard with the Flea ...

#132 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 31 March 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

The implication is that there would be a one-time setup fee for a merc corp. If you join an existing corp, then it would be free for you.

thank you finally somebody who get it and is actually able to read and understand thanks to you sir.

#133 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

There is more in here than in the articles...

Houses fight over boundaries, when a house controls a boundary they get a passive bonus.
CW Phase three the clans are introduced.
Phase two you can fight for your faction/corp.

Edited by Belorion, 31 March 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#134 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Thanks Belorion, updated.

#135 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

So basically

LONE WOLF: Pick your side every drop, earn achievements, no allegiance committment

HOUSE: Fight over boundaries, unlock passive bonus, some sort of MERC CORP cooperation, NPC directed

MERC: Fight over Planets/Resources against other Mercs, 1 Time setup fee, Player directed, May grant MC rewards for premium players

That's about what we know for now.

I hope that the merc/house relationship grants buffs across the both so there is real synergy there.

#136 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostJetfire, on 01 April 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

So basically

LONE WOLF: Pick your side every drop, earn achievements, no allegiance commitment

HOUSE: Fight over boundaries, unlock passive bonus, some sort of MERC CORP cooperation, NPC directed

MERC: Fight over Planets/Resources against other Mercs, 1 Time setup fee, Player directed, May grant MC rewards for premium players

That's about what we know for now.

I hope that the merc/house relationship grants buffs across the both so there is real synergy there.

What I interpreted was pretty close to your assessment:

LONE WOLF: Pick your side every drop for a short-term bonus, earn achievements, no allegiance commitment

HOUSE: Fight over boundaries (border planets) to receive passive bonuses, NPC directed/PGI Restricted.

MERC: Fight over Planets/Resources in collaboration with Factions against other Mercs and/or Factions in exchange for longer term passive bonuses, 1 Time setup fee, NPC and Player directed (still restricted by PGI), May grant MC rewards for premium players.

Edited by Syllogy, 01 April 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#137 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

How do you figure they'd release a hero mech before the chassis has been released?

Also, you left out Hero Mech Recoloring, which should be this patch (was supposed to happen in March but there was a "tiny technical issue" so that should be sorted out by now).

[color="#b27204"]http://mwomercs.com/...ro-mech-colors/[/color]

"In March, players will be able to customize their Hero Mech colors!"
Which, when it failed to materialize, was updated to "We delayed it until April. There was a small technical issue to resolve."

There is every reason to expect it to arrive in the next patch. Certainly MORE reason and official word to that feature coming in April than for a Highlander hero mech

Edited by jay35, 01 April 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#138 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

View Postjay35, on 01 April 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

How do you figure they'd release a hero mech before the chassis has been released?

Also, you left out Hero Mech Recoloring, which should be this patch (was supposed to happen in March but there was a "tiny technical issue" so that should be sorted out by now).

[color=#b27204]http://mwomercs.com/...ro-mech-colors/[/color]

"In March, players will be able to customize their Hero Mech colors!"
Which, when it failed to materialize, was updated to "We delayed it until April. There was a small technical issue to resolve."

There is every reason to expect it to arrive in the next patch. Certainly MORE reason and official word to that feature coming in April than for a Highlander hero mech

Firstly, the Highlander has been announced, not any other Hero Mech. Since Hero Mechs lately have come with the early patch of the month, it makes sense for the Highlander to be released. Also, you will notice that there is a comment next to it that says it could be pushed back to the next patch.

This is because I think it is possible that PGI will release the chassis before the Hero mech.

Also, I did not leave out the ability to paint Hero Mechs. You will find that under the "April/May ETA" section. This is because they have not stated that it will be in tomorrow's patch.

View PostSyllogy, on 08 March 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Some information on releases can be extrapolated from multiple sources and their patterns of releases. Other information needs direct confirmation before I change it from a generic ETA to a specific patch.

Edited by Syllogy, 01 April 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#139 Kerrisis

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Syllogy, from the MMO Attack interview I read CW stage 3 as introducing "clans" (IE. player guilds/corps), not "the Clans". It would fit with their roadmap of what stage 3 will contain. It could be interpreted either way though.

#140 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostKerrisis, on 01 April 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Syllogy, from the MMO Attack interview I read CW stage 3 as introducing "clans" (IE. player guilds/corps), not "the Clans". It would fit with their roadmap of what stage 3 will contain. It could be interpreted either way though.

Since Bryan had been referring to player-created units as "Merc Units" and in "Phase 1" he says "Let players congregate, form the units, join the factions" Phase 3 "Introduction of Clans and further Story Lines after Launch"

It might just be speculation, but putting "Clans" and "further story lines" together made me immediately think Clan Factions instead of player-based "Clans" (Guilds, units, etc.)

Also, a bunch of information has been dropping that Merc Units will be part of Phase 1.

Edited by Syllogy, 01 April 2013 - 03:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users