Upcoming Content Tracker - Last Updated December 17Th

562 replies to this topic

#521 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Russ Bullock@russ_bullock problem solved on Tuesday with the introduction of the Skirmish game mode. No cap, Team DM essentially.

#522 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

Been out on winter vacation, will get updates handled ASAP. Might take me a few days.

#523 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 17 December 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Been out on winter vacation, will get updates handled ASAP. Might take me a few days.

It's fine, don't worry about it. Yes it is great and appreciated to have all the news in one place, but I don't think there should be some kind of obligation to do it, that doesn't exactly sound right.

What I have noticed from the updates, is that the conspiracy thing is still going on. A "this is not a promise" disclaimer is obligatory now, and most of what Russ wrote was just about debunking crazy/bald assertions -- why would the community still do this. It's like, your brother was just convicted, and he doesn't understand what the big deal is.

#524 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 08 March 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

January 21st Update:
Updates to the content tracker are being suspended indefinitely. Unfortunately, I feel that while the game is playable, it is no longer fun to play. Until PGI adds provisions for private matches and streamlines the outrageously complicated rule set (in regards to heat penalties, movement, weapons etc.) I will be on hiatus from the game.

well, thanks for your time anyhow on doing the updates. Hope there will be good changes in the future and you'll come back ;) :P

#525 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Updates to the content tracker are being suspended indefinitely. Unfortunately, I feel that while the game is playable, it is no longer fun to play. Until PGI adds provisions for private matches and streamlines the outrageously complicated rule set (in regards to heat penalties, movement, weapons etc.) I will be on hiatus from the game.

Stormwolf, Aegis Kleais, now Syllogy, I, myself, left the game a year ago. And I'm sure more and more Legendary founders left this mess.

Until they introduce repair&rearm (farm in medium mechs to play in assaults), collisions, normal lore-like gamemodes (capturing factories, defending convoys, withdrawing to dropships) the game is unplayable for me.

#526 MrTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostMike Getsome, on 26 January 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Stormwolf, Aegis Kleais, now Syllogy, I, myself, left the game a year ago. And I'm sure more and more Legendary founders left this mess.

Until they introduce repair&rearm (farm in medium mechs to play in assaults), collisions, normal lore-like gamemodes (capturing factories, defending convoys, withdrawing to dropships) the game is unplayable for me.

Yet you will still float around the forums boring us about how the game is not perfect for you... Yay for us!

#527 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

January 21st Update:

Well, if you don't like how the game is, maybe you need to step to. Fix it yourself. Step to! Step to!

Spoiler

#528 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostMrTarget, on 30 January 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Yet you will still float around the forums boring us about how the game is not perfect for you... Yay for us!

You'd rather have disappointed fans wander off in silence? I'd rather hear their feedback and know what makes them want to leave and what it would take to draw them back.

#529 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

If you dont like the game just step!

Nobodys forcing you to play it!

#530 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Unfortunately, I feel that while the game is playable, it is no longer fun to play. Until PGI adds provisions for private matches and streamlines the outrageously complicated rule set (in regards to heat penalties, movement, weapons etc.) I will be on hiatus from the game.

#531 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostMrTarget, on 30 January 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Lol, love it. 1 high five for you sir:

Posted Image

#532 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 30 January 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well, if you don't like how the game is, maybe you need to step to. Fix it yourself. Step to! Step to!

Spoiler

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

On the other hand... you guys..... really don't know the context.

#533 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 January 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

On the other hand... you guys..... really don't know the context.

What context is there to get? People vent frustrations about the game, explain valid complaints, get told by Shillogy "WELL MAKE A BETTER GAME THEN," and then lo and behold 6 months later he comes to the same conclusion. That's all the context one should need.

#534 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

View Postvalkyrie, on 30 January 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

What context is there to get?

Ok, context. Well, the whole "not playing anymore" for whatever reason, it may shock you that this is actually a normal thing. I myself stopped playing due to weapon balance and burnout with low variety, and waiting on community warfare to have another look. This is normal. There's no frustration in that, you are projecting HEAVILY my friend.

What isn't normal, is making ultimatums, begging, or hanging around the forums, shitposting in threads, and just being a nuisance in general. This I find, is very similar to the children you see in supermarkets, the ones that drop to the floor kicking and screaming when they're told they can't have chocolate milk. Children I can understand that behavior, their brains haven't finished growing. Yet to see this behavior in supposed adults, is absolutely revolting, and how weak and pampered they look to even consider it.

Then there's those that took it to an even greater extreme, by metabombing with dishonest reviews or just outright lies. My friend, who I was trying to get interested in the game happened to see all that, and I had to explain it all to him. They didn't just disgrace themselves, but they also managed to bring shame to the entire community as well, and don't you dare lump me in with those dezgra.

Edited by Moromillas, 31 January 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#535 Rounin

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

View PostMoromillas, on 31 January 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

Loadsa bollocks.

Except a lot of us are adults who got repeatedly promised things that weren't even close to being done.
I'm not even going to mention the money factor of this because your argument already fell on its metaphorical *** hard enough.

#536 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostRounin, on 31 January 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

Except a lot of us are adults who got repeatedly promised things that weren't even close to being done.

Except "repeatedly promised things" is a barefaced lie.

#537 Rounin

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostMoromillas, on 31 January 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

Except "repeatedly promised things" is a barefaced lie.

How's the community warfare treating you, mate?
I guess the UI 2.0 getting delayed multiple times over a loooong period is just a hallucination.
Oh, look at all that ultimate first person, no coolant flush simulator we have!
I really enjoy the DX11 in this game, not to mention my love for role warfare and the constant battle for resources for my faction (the lobbies are so full of life)!
Tip of the iceberg here.
Are you for real or you're just pretending?

#538 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

View Postvalkyrie, on 30 January 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

Spoiler

If the game was moddable like past Mech Warrior games, it would have been fixed already. But its not, and since players can't create their own servers on their own computers, at any time peoples hard spent money can just go 'poof' since its on all PGI servers.

But way to treat someone that put all that time into gathering information folks, real nice and classy.

Edited by General Taskeen, 31 January 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#539 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 31 January 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

But way to treat someone that put all that time into gathering information folks, real nice and classy.

It doesn't help when the guy responsible for gathering info has a response to "wanting PGI to do better" is essentially an inflammatory "can you do it yourself?".

Let's just say, the inflammatory response in itself is disingenuous for various reasons.

#540 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

shoot, we are all adults here and yet when something is delayed we act like 5 year old kids who cant wait till they get home to have the snacks their moms bought at the store.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users