Nekoryu-No Seishin - Soul Of The Dragoncat [A Joint Nova Cat/dcms Unit] Is Recruiting

24 replies to this topic

#1 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

When the Wolf's Dragoons and DCMS had their falling out, a small number of Dragoons, going by the surname NovaCat, defected to the Combine. They have since joined with volunteers from the Ryuken and other surviving units from Misery to form a unit that would leave the Combine under guise of having 'gone mercenary' in order to grant it the operational flexibility and independence to preform missions the Combine might have otherwise hired Merc's for. Providing a unit with the political convenience not belonging to the DCMS but with the added benefit of house loyalty. To lend credence to the idea of being Mercs the unit would recruit warriors currently doing battle with pirates in the periphery from the Former Dragoon's contacts to fill the ranks of the 1st regiment. Blending their own clandestine customs, organizational system and code of honor with that of the Combine to provide cover for both groups to freely operate within the Inner Sphere.

Posted Image

Hello,
Nekoryu-no Seishin, 'Soul of the Dragoncat' is casual mercenary unit formed from joint members of the DCMS and a group which will eventually come to be known as Clan Nova Cat. Considering both groups take their honor very seriously we place a high value on fair play and treating both friend and foe with honor and respect.

Being part of a unit is something which should enrich your experience of the game, not add additional stress and pressure. Thus the Nekoryu is a casual unit, with the understanding real life comes first. We're here to hang out, have fun and support your growth as a Mechwarrior.

While this is officially a mercenary unit and part of neither Clan Nova Cat nor the Draconis Combine, it's members are loyal to those groups and most consider themselves members of one or the other. The structure, idea and name for the Nekoryu is based on the eventual Nova Cat Lambda Galaxy which will be a mixed unit of CNC and DCMS. As such the Nekoryu is split into two subgroups. The 1st Nekoryu Cluster which consists of Clan Nova Cat Members and their bondsmen; and the 2nd Nekoryu Regiment which consists of DCMS volunteers drawn from the veterans of Misery, other flexibly minded units and fresh cadets which show an aptitude for life outside the Combines borders.

The Nekoryu is also willing to host Exchange Officers from other allied Clans and Units, whom may operate under the Nekoryu banner but are always considered members of there home unit. Exchange Officers are honored guests who represent their home unit/clan within the Nekoryu, and members of the Nekoryu treat and defend them as if they were one of our own. Though technically outside official chain of command Exchange Officers effective rank within the Nekoryu is determined by their home unit/clan.

The joint Combine/Nova Cat configuration allows those who are curious about the Clans to interact with, and become educated about, clan customs and their, or, at least, the Nova Cat mentality. The flip side is, Clansmen who are curious about detail into the Draconis Combine can equally find information readily attainable through interaction with the Kurtian half. This mixture allows for a potentially diverse and engaging dynamic.

Contacts
Kreisel
Pariah Devalis

Recruitment
The Nekoryu has just started and thus is recruiting for members at all levels of involvement. Rank will be determined based on willingness to lead lances and commitment to help organize, recruit and form the unit over any particular skill on the battlefield. For the time being if your interested just respond to this thread or contact Kreisel for 2nd Regiment, Pariah for 1st Cluster.
Please let us know the level of involvement your looking for (just a member, leading lances, recruitment, helping with organization, ect) and if you will be joining as a member of the 1st Nekoryu Cluster (Nova Cats), the 2nd Nekoryu Regiment (DCMS) or as an Exchange Officer (other).

Unit Colors
Battleship Grey and Titanium White with Hellblua (blue) accents for the 1st Nekoryu Cluster (Nova Cats)
Battleship Grey and Titanium White with Red accents for the 2nd Nekoryu Regiment (Draconis Combine)

Website
http://dragoncat.enjin.com/
mwowiki.org/wiki/Unit:Nekoryu-no_Seishin

Communication:
We plan to make use of the teamspeak server available over at HouseKurita.org and the C3 channel Pariah Devalis hosts for use by pro-nova cat players to foster communication and cooperation with other DCMS and Nova Cat units.

Edited by Kreisel, 19 April 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

I suppose this might make me an unofficial Liason officer, quiaff? :)

I have linked this outreach thread in the G+ community.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 March 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#3 Onimusha shin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

i'm here :)

#4 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Best of luck with recruitment, I look forward to seeing you on the field soon :)

#5 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 11 March 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Best of luck with recruitment, I look forward to seeing you on the field soon :)

Aff. Hopefully not before I see you, however. :)

#6 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

Aff Pariah, I'd like to consider you our Liason officer from the Nova Cats. While for the time being at least I'll handle things a little bit more on the DCMS side of things, at least until I can get someone dedicated to that role to free me up to be more of a generalist. Thanks for spreading the word.

View PostOnimusha shin, on 11 March 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

i'm here :)

It's great to have you on board, Onimusha shin. Still getting things kinda set up so I'll keep you posted.

Arigatō Blackfang. Your well wishes are most welcome

Edited by Kreisel, 13 March 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#7 LeoTib71

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'd like to join !!!

What should I do ?

Thanks,
Leo

Edited by LeoTib71, 11 March 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#8 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

It's been brought to my attention that surprise, surprise... battletech may have made a mistake in it's Japanese Grammar when they came up with the nickname for Nova Cat's Lambda Galaxy. And that perhaps the correct way to say 'Spirit of the Dragoncat' is Nekoryu-No Seishin. Not Seishin-no Nekoryu. If someone who speaks Japanese who could confirm this, so I can look into fixing it before committing to a website, I'd be rather thankful.

Edited by Kreisel, 12 March 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Corrected via the thread in the Kurita section.

#10 LeoTib71

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Good job guys, keep it up!!!

#11 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Stravag. Sometimes it sucks to be a closet perfectionist....

Updating the crest, once again:

Posted Image

The alignment of the symbols seemed off before, and added a bit of texture to them directly. Also adjusted the external glow of the Dragoncat to match the letters, letting the blue and red internal glow of each half of the image balance for the Nova Cat and Combine aspects.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 13 March 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#12 Antares Fortune

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Color me interested and sign me up.

#13 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostOnimusha shin, on 11 March 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

i'm here :P

View PostAntares Fortune, on 13 March 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Color me interested and sign me up.

Onimusha Shin, Antares Fortune. Welcome aboard. Are you interested in joining the Dragoncats as part of the 1st Cluster or the 2nd Regiment?

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

I believe Oni wants the 2ed, Antares the 1st.

#15 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Update: We have a website now and you can enlist in the unit from there. Also our unit has been set up as a group on the House Kurita.org Teamspeak, though currently you'll have to catch me personally to get added to the TS group, Since I'm the only one set up as an admin in it yet.

#16 LeoTib71

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

I'm up for the first too!!! :)

And Kreisel, pls, add me to teamspeak server ?

Edited by LeoTib71, 14 March 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#17 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Update: We now have a page on the MWO wiki mwowiki.org/wiki/Unit:Nekoryu-no_Seishin
Also I believe I saw that all 8 of our initial members are now set up with the unit tag on the HK teamspeak server. :D

#18 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Color me interested, submitted an application on the website.

#19 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Our numbers grow. Getting stronger every day. It is a beautiful thing!

#20 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

I have to say if your a Nova Cat fan or a DCMS fan that would like to play with some Clanners this is a great group. I pug'd only from closed beta till I joined up on april 2nd and I've been having a blast, I play more often than I was and I have a lot more fun doing so.

So if your reading this and generally don't want to join clans/guilds/whatever in games like me I'd recommend giving Nekoryu no Seishin a try.

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 08 April 2013 - 06:51 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users