One Year Delay Before Clans Invasion: Yes Or No?

147 replies to this topic

Poll: Should PGI take some time for polishing MWO before Clans Invasion? (504 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support game timeline suspended for one year?

1. Yes. (246 votes [48.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.81%

2. Voted No. (216 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Abstain. (42 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Many MWO players are holding their breath for upcoming Invasion announcement, it looks inevitable, it should be March 12 3050 according to aligned timeline.
But what if PGI has no enough time and resources to do it well and in time? Don't get me wrong, I like how MWO evolves, I like most PGI's decisions and reactions, but I see that they somewhat lack resources to give us all at once. Many good titles were ruined by publishers forced developers to release raw product (Warhammer Online to mention), I wouldn't like MWO and PGI to meet same fate.

One year timeline suspend or kind of roll back would allow PGI to implement and release lot of features required for Clans Invasion action, as I see it. In this meantime players could get all the taste of Community Warfare in the Inner Sphere, before events will be blown up by Clans, PGI could get enough time to find proper solution for Clan Tech and for content creation, this list is vast.

So, my question is: would you support one year delay for Clans Invasion in order to get better quality of game and content?

P.S. I don't really know if PGI needs some spare time, but if it happens so, I'd like to see community supporting their efforts.

Edited by Featherwood, 12 March 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#2 Blackwolf 1 1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

This is one of those issues where I'm really torn. I want the clan invasion on schedule, as they are really my favorite group, but I also want their tech and setups to be done properly. I can't think of a faster way to kill this game than to have such an important part be screwed up, and that makes me a little nervous about the release date.

#3 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 12 March 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Many MWO players are holding their breath for upcoming Invasion announcement, it looks inevitable, it should be March 12 3050 according to aligned timeline.
But what if PGI has no enough time and resources to do it well and in time? Don't get me wrong, I like how MWO evolves, I like most PGI's decisions and reactions, but I see that they somewhat lack resources to give us all at once. Many good titles were ruined by publishers forced developers to release raw product (Warhammer Online to mention), I wouldn't like MWO and PGI to meet same fate.

One year timeline suspend or kind of roll back would allow PGI to implement and release lot of features required for Clans Invasion action, as I see it. In this meantime players could get all the taste of Community Warfare in the Inner Sphere, before events will be blown up by Clans, PGI could get enough time to find proper solution for Clan Tech and for content creation, this list is vast.

So, my question is: would you support one year delay for Clans Invasion in order to get better quality of game and content?

P.S. I don't really know if PGI needs some spare time, but if it happens so, I'd like to see community supporting their efforts.

Wow your date was way off!

Right day, right month, far from right year.

Edited by Nathan K, 12 March 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#4 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Options should be YES, NO and ABSTAIN. Not yes, no with clever bias inserted <here>

Yes.
No.
Abstain.

Edited by Pando, 12 March 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#5 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostPando, on 12 March 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Options should be YES, NO and ABSTAIN. Not yes, no with clever bias inserted <here>

Yes.
No.
Abstain.

Those are 'must have' for Suggestions poll, so, if you have nothing else to say, keep it quite please.

2Nathan K
Well, I know dates, even PGI knows them - last Inner Sphere News report was month ago. I've started worrying.

Edited by Featherwood, 12 March 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#6 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 12 March 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Those are 'must have' for Suggestions poll, so, if you have nothing else to say, keep it quite please.

2Nathan K
Well, I know dates, even PGI knows them - last Inner Sphere News report was month ago. I've started worrying.

Keep it quiet? How about you stop being ignorant and attempt to provide something tangible for the community like an un-biased answer poll.

Let them post here in their own words, NOT YOURS how they feel about their decision.

#7 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

2Pando

You forgot to say 'please' after asking me to be kind to your opinion. So, please, stop grouch and follow your own advice - provide something tangible.

Edited by Featherwood, 12 March 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#8 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 12 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

2Pando

You forgot to say 'please' after asking me to be kind to your opinion. So, please, keep it quiet already.

Oh, my bad. Please.

#9 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Have you considered that the invasion will go ahead as planned but the clans wont be accessible till a later date? This fall perhaps?

#10 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostBarg12, on 12 March 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Have you considered that the invasion will go ahead as planned but the clans wont be accessible till a later date? This fall perhaps?

My assumption is quite narrow and conditional, I know nothing about PGI plans regarding Clans announcement and realization. I just don't want to see most anticipated (by me) MWO part released in haste.

2Pando

here you go, magic words do wonders. I changed voting description to sate your caprice.

Edited by Featherwood, 12 March 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#11 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Considering that you have absolutely ZERO information on how far they have progressed on the Clan implementation, you seem awfully knowledgeable about the situation and what we should do.

#12 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostCG Oglethorpe Kerensky, on 12 March 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Considering that you have absolutely ZERO information on how far they have progressed on the Clan implementation, you seem awfully knowledgeable about the situation and what we should do.

Considering your post, you know twice (x2) as much as I do and have just suggested something worthy, lol. I'm surprised by your reaction, obviously my post does not demand anything of you, but you took it so much personal.

#13 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 12 March 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

it should be March 12 2049 according to aligned timeline.

:facepalm:

#14 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostCG Oglethorpe Kerensky, on 12 March 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

@Featherwood, thanks.

@CG Oglethrope Kerensky, squack.

#15 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 12 March 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

:facepalm:

Nice manners to point out at my mistake. Surely 2050 3050, jinxed that.

Edited by Featherwood, 12 March 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#16 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 12 March 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Nice manners to point point out at my mistake. Surely 2050, jinxed that.

You are still off by a thousand years, the year of the Clan Invasion is 3050. ;)

#17 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 12 March 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

You are still off by a thousand years, the year of the Clan Invasion is 3050. ;)

lol, I blame beer ;) Thx.

#18 Molecule

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Somehow the forum won't let me vote but it doesn't really matter anyway ;)
It is important that the clans are implemented correctly and if that screws with the timeline........who cares? I would rather experience a delayed but balanced clan invasion than a totally wack-balanced clan nightmare.

Patience is a virtue!

#19 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

People keep mentioning that the Clan Mechs run quite a bit warmer then the IS ones. Perhapd that could be the key balancing point. After all, what good is an overpowered Mech if an ameture pilot keeps cooking it.

#20 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostKelesK, on 12 March 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

People keep mentioning that the Clan Mechs run quite a bit warmer then the IS ones. Perhapd that could be the key balancing point. After all, what good is an overpowered Mech if an ameture pilot keeps cooking it.

They sure do, the Hellbringer tends to live up to its name in a rather unintended way....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users