One Year Delay Before Clans Invasion: Yes Or No?

147 replies to this topic

Poll: Should PGI take some time for polishing MWO before Clans Invasion? (504 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support game timeline suspended for one year?

1. Yes. (246 votes [48.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.81%

2. Voted No. (216 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Abstain. (42 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

They should push the timeline back one year and have them start the invasion in August. So it would still be August of this year.

Edited by Natasha Kerensky, 12 March 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#22 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I've been saying for some time now, we will not see the Clans until Spring 2014. I do not have any first had information, just analytic skills. I was right regarding open beta.....

#23 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

The clan invasion can start, but might not mean we get the mechs just yet...

#24 Kazly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I see 3 possibilities happening if you release CW for the IS and not Clans at the same time:

1. Houses and Merc's get hamstringed by the amount of players that jumpship

2. Clans get hamstringed because people don't want to leave their friends they've been playing with for a year

3. Nothing really changes, everything balances out just dandy....

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 12 March 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

They should push the timeline back one year and have them start the invasion in August. So it would still be August of this year.

You realize you are under contract at the moment Natasha - and we don't intend to let you out of it!

#25 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

How about we see how they are planning to launch before we fly off the handle screaming "Delay! Delay! We must Delay!"

View PostGremlich Johns, on 12 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

I've been saying for some time now, we will not see the Clans until Spring 2014. I do not have any first had information, just analytic skills. I was right regarding open beta.....

You were also demanding that unless Canon states that a Mech had a weapon equipped, then it should NEVER be able to be equipped.

View PostGremlich Johns, on 23 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Should be limited by what verified Canon indicates is allowed to be mounted.

reworded: Hard code each mech variant and allow people to only add what is found in Canon. If a weapon is not found on a given variant, then that weapon is grayed out in the mechlab. The same goes for engines, if a desired engine exceeds the capabilities of a known Canon variant, then that engine cannot be installed. How many Stalkers have we seen in game keeping up with a Hunchie....

Edited by Syllogy, 12 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#26 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostKazly, on 12 March 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

I see 3 possibilities happening if you release CW for the IS and not Clans at the same time:

1. Houses and Merc's get hamstringed by the amount of players that jumpship

2. Clans get hamstringed because people don't want to leave their friends they've been playing with for a year

3. Nothing really changes, everything balances out just dandy....

You realize you are under contract at the moment Natasha - and we don't intend to let you out of it!

Once my Clan invades, i'm outta here. I need to to be Khan, you know.

#27 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'd rather they do the job right then get a rushed product. Also, keep in mind as soon as Clan Tech comes out A LOT of players going to "Jump Ship". At least if we wait a year many will be attached enough to Successor State/FRR Forces that we won't see the IS side of the equation completely devoid of players with Clanners having to wait half an hour for a game.

Edited by PaintedWolf, 13 March 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#28 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 13 March 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Let's see how many people get this....

#29 zverofaust

• 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'd rather they just abandon the whole 1:1 time ratio as it really doesn't make sense anyway.

That said, I'm sure if there were any problems or setbacks or if PGI were running behind schedule, surely they would've said something by now, and wouldn't just let the much-awaited Clan invasion come and go without a peep from them.

#30 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I'm going to vote no simply because we don't know how much has been done with the clans in the PGI office, but since no new weapons have come out at all since closed beta and only ECM for equipment (I think), I would believe that the team that worked on that would have been working on clan tech. Just keep in mind that the announcement of the clans does not mean that we get Clan tech instantly. It could be a half a year after the announcement, or it could be one month, before we see the first playable clan mech. We just simply can't know their entire plan right now as they have dodged any questions about the clans or clan tech.

One thing I would not be surprised about though would be the announcement of the clans and the end of beta in roughly the same time period.

#31 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostHugoStiglitz, on 13 March 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I'm going to vote no simply because we don't know how much has been done with the clans in the PGI office, but since no new weapons have come out at all since closed beta and only ECM for equipment (I think), I would believe that the team that worked on that would have been working on clan tech. Just keep in mind that the announcement of the clans does not mean that we get Clan tech instantly. It could be a half a year after the announcement, or it could be one month, before we see the first playable clan mech. We just simply can't know their entire plan right now as they have dodged any questions about the clans or clan tech.

One thing I would not be surprised about though would be the announcement of the clans and the end of beta in roughly the same time period.

Thing is I am very worried about there not being enough IS players. Especially since you will need MORE IS players to balance out Clan.

Now seeing those sneaky Cappellans vs. Clan will be a lot of fun though. I'm pretty sure Sun Tzu Liao will be considered dezgra.

#32 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

I really, really hope they delay instead of rush. It reminds me of when people order food, and they rush the service seeing they are backed up, and then complain the order was wrong. Well, let's think about this for like two whole minutes. If your request is physically impossible according to basic laws of economics, then yes, rushing the service is going to lead to mess-ups and a lower quality product. Why would someone want a lower quality product, just so they get it a tiny bit faster? Keep in mind these same people will be the first people to complain once mess ups occur and the last people to come to Piranha's or IGP's defense. They will be working themselves to the bone to appease the people who are going to put them down because they caved into their demands.

#33 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 13 March 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Thing is I am very worried about there not being enough IS players. Especially since you will need MORE IS players to balance out Clan.

Very true. Though they could balance it from a CW standpoint depending on how CW is implemented. Maybe have clans need to win more battles to take a planet so that one loss is a huge setback, or allow for IS pilots to unlock clan tech as they go on so that clans and IS are on equal footing. Once again though, we just have no idea how clans will be implemented at this moment. We don't know if the IS will fight as a united front against the clans or if each faction has to go it alone. All I know is I'm staying Davion when clans are added and I'll take as many clanners down with me as I can.

#34 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 12 March 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

They sure do, the Hellbringer tends to live up to its name in a rather unintended way....
I didn't really want to use that example, but sure. :)

#35 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 13 March 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Can I have your Warhammer?

Or better yet... can I come with?

#36 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 13 March 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

In that case there will be enough Clan players to fight against.

#37 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Also, and perhaps I am being a bit melodramatic on this, but I want the Clans to have a very theatrical entry. If Clans are already here at game launch, or shortly after game launch it will be like "meh....Clans we are used to them." I'd like it so that everyone is already into the game for a while, already into Community Warfare, an equilibrium already developed, and then Clans come in and shake everything up. That way it is more Dun dun dun! and less meh.

#38 captaincabbage

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostBlackwolf 1 1, on 12 March 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

This is one of those issues where I'm really torn. I want the clan invasion on schedule, as they are really my favorite group, but I also want their tech and setups to be done properly. I can't think of a faster way to kill this game than to have such an important part be screwed up, and that makes me a little nervous about the release date.

But. . But I want my Timberwolf. ;-;

Alas, I wholeheartedly agree with you. As much as I hate to say it, I think we're in the same boat in regards of Need>Want.

As much as I want to see and pilot a Timberwolf for the first time since I stopped playing MWLL and MW4, I do agree that the developer should absolutely not overstretch themselves, as we ALL know how much of a nightmare it's going to be to implement Clan tech on the whole. It's all generally, bigger, faster and more effective then IS tech.

However, I could potentially offer a decent compromise. . .

So, space is big. Reeeeeaaaaallllly big. So big infact, that if you lost your 'mech keys in it it'd be nearly impossible to find them. What I'm getting at, is that even with FTL drives, or however else you'd get around, it'd still take a long time for word to get around, let alone actual ships and actual armies.
Now, I say all this, because in this months the Clans will invade IS space. Thankfully, it'll take months for them to conquer more and more planets and get further and further into IS space. Now, assuming the planet/s we play on in-game are not on the very rim of IS space, it could give the devs potentially up to six or more months to plan, design, develop, and implement Clan tech into the game, all whilst feeding us intel and news reports of the outer rim being attacked by Clan assault forces.

Anyway, TL;DR: Potentially there are months and months for the Clans to get to the planet/s that we fight on in-game, even if it's relatively near the edge of IS space, giving devs plenty of time to implement Clan tech properly and hype us up for it with a drip feed of news reports and alerts from the edges of IS space.

#39 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

You DARE refuse my Batchall!

Cease this barbaric display at once!

We found these two held up in the wild, they actually surrendered to the Merchant Caste! They appear to be deeply in need of re-education!

Edited by PaintedWolf, 13 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#40 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

No delay is needed, I would suggest you read these two posts of mine:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1985901

and

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2053665

Seems to me PGI is following the timeline and has plenty of time to introduce the clans and balance them before we get our hands on them. Why would they need another year?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users