Paying Mc To " Bounty Master " A Non-Hero Mech ( Add A Small, But Permanent C-Bill Boost After Unlocking Master Status)

52 replies to this topic

Poll: Paying MC to Heroize a non-Hero Mech (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you favor the suggestion presented in the OP

1. yes (115 votes [82.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

2. no (22 votes [15.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.71%

3. abstain from voting (3 votes [2.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

i would pay them single-handedly 2000mc to have a 20% cbill boost on my K2...i play it far too infrequently because i have to grind cbills

#42 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

w00t, lots of feedback on this! :D

Several points have been brought up in the thread recently, so I will take a shot at the soapbox:
  • The Proposed Idea is to grant a smaller C-Bill Boost than a Hero Mech because the regular Mechs are really just that... Regular. Providing a way to give them a huge C-Bill Boost would not only detract from the Values of genuine Hero Mechs, but it would make this idea too expensive (I anticipate Paying Players will want to "Heroize" any/every Mech they wind-up Mastering and unlocking the Module Slot on because you only unlock those 21,500 point Slots on Mechs that you intend on using heavily)
  • This particular idea is not related to subscription models or anything like that because that discussion is more regarding how Premium Time is implemented and stuff like that. My idea, here, is a stand-alone concept related to improving the per-match C-Bill output of individual Mechs by purchasing Mech-specific upgrades. Suggestions regarding subscriptions and stuff would be a different topic of conversation than this thread.
  • I would not, at this time, involve the movement of Hardpoints with this idea because I am presenting a non-combat-related performance boost... in this case, it performs better at raking in C-Bills. Once you begin to allow customization of hardpoints, you get into a situation where every single variant has to be combed-over by the Devs to make lists of allowed/disallowed hardpoint configurations based on how they affect combat performance... which would require tons of testing... that would have to be part of a different Suggestion Thread.
  • I am suggesting that this cost MC and not be available with C-Bills because it's an End-Game feature that would reward people for continuing to spend more money on the game after they have already spent a significant amount of time and resources into the Leveling of that Mech. It would give Paying Players an option to make their Mastery Experience more worthwhile and improve the productivity of their Favorite Mechs. This is similar to the idea of paid Premium Time; you can't buy C-Bill boosts with C-Bills.
  • More than 1 person has suggested a Scaled System. This may be an option, but as my idea as presented required spending MC to gain a C-Bill boost, a scaled system would require multiple MC expenditures to scale the ladder, and eventually cause regular Mechs to approach the economic value of Hero Mechs. For one, any scaled system would have to assume that you can't upgrade to a full "Hero mech Bonus" and for two, it'd have to be affordable. I am not attempting to propose a way to make Regular Mechs as valuable as Hero Mechs... that would be inappropriate, I think, as it may conflict with the purpose of Hero Mechs as created by the game staff. Also, I want to make it easy, simple, and affordable for folks to Heroize numerous Mechs in their Mechbay. A scaled system might be better for a different game Suggestion, such as something that has to do with unlocking things with XP or stuff like that. My idea, in this thread, is for a simple Pay-for-Cbill-Boost scheme to supplement your Premium Time, or for when you want to grind for c-bills using something that's not a bonafide Hero Mech.
  • Since this is Paid-Content, it might be cool if "Heroizing" your Mech came with some kind of blingbling cockpit item such as a money clip, or hanging Gold Chains... :P
  • Perhaps a different name might be a good thing... since this idea is related to nothing more than getting paid more C-Bills, it can't be earned through Skill, alone, and it can only happen after you Master a Mech, then the name of this function can be changed from "Heroizing" to something that sounds more financial; like achieving "Bounty Master" status.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 09 April 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#43 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I think that this is an interesting idea.

Some thoughts on it:
  • I like the idea of having to unlock the module slot first
  • If you wanted to make this even HARDER, you can require that you unlock the modules for 3 variants
  • 1,000 MC is a fair price, but it depends on the bonus given. I think 10% may be the right number. 15% and you get too close to the founders mechs. Lower than 10% and it seems useless.
  • Instead of a Cbill only bonus, maybe a GXP bonus in addition/instead?

#44 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

View Postborisof007, on 09 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

I think that this is an interesting idea.

Some thoughts on it:
  • I like the idea of having to unlock the module slot first
  • If you wanted to make this even HARDER, you can require that you unlock the modules for 3 variants
  • 1,000 MC is a fair price, but it depends on the bonus given. I think 10% may be the right number. 15% and you get too close to the founders mechs. Lower than 10% and it seems useless.
  • Instead of a Cbill only bonus, maybe a GXP bonus in addition/instead?

I thought about XP... but this thread's Suggestion was originally thought-up before the Developers announced their plans for "Champion Mechs" that generate a small XP boost, and at the time there was no precedence for Mechs that generate more XP. That's why this idea is just a C-Bill boost... I think it can stay as-is for now until the Community gets to try the Champion Mechs for a while.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#45 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 09 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

I thought about XP... but this thread's Suggestion was originally thought-up before the Developers announced their plans for "Champion Mechs" that generate a small XP boost, and at the time there was no precedence for Mechs that generate more XP. That's why this idea is just a C-Bill boost... I think it can stay as-is for now until the Community gets to try the Champion Mechs for a while.

I could get behind this. I would probably be adamant about a flat rate for conversion, not based on the tonnage of the mech. It's just as hard to master one mech as any other, so there shouldn't be any reason for one to cost more than the other.

Edit: AMG just had an idea:

Prestige mechs. You get special paint/camo/emblems and you can earn everything over again. EFF YES THIS SOUNDS GREAT.

Edited by borisof007, 10 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#46 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think PGI should charge the same MC as they charge for the hero mechs - 25%, in return the heroized mech generates only a 20% cbill bonus. this makes it less inticing than a hero mech, but also cost wise in-line while leaving heros as a good option.

I dont think this idea detracts from hero mechs at all. It's a great way for PGI to make money, and that is whats important.

#47 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

You dont become a hero by paying for it, you become a hero by voting 1 - propserity park (and then paying for it)!

#48 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Okay, since I don't want to try and pass myself off as a Hero for Hire, I've changed the OP to reduce the chances that people might think that I'm suggesting things like what Hero Mechs actually have (different hardpoints, paint, ect.).

It's no longer "Heroizing," now it's "Bounty Mastering."

But, voting Yes will still make you a Hero, indeed :-)

#49 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

I added a visual reference, where unlocking the Cash Out skill would grant you a 10% C-Bill boost for that Mech. No other bonuses, just clean and simple.

Posted Image

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 June 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#50 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I think that a better idea would be to have cockpit items that have bonuses attached to them like the Project Phoenix cockpit items.

#51 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 17 July 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I think that a better idea would be to have cockpit items that have bonuses attached to them like the Project Phoenix cockpit items.
Well... It may be a better idea in some respects because that route can be more flexible, and it seems like they are actually going with that direction to some extent.

Still, I don't think that would be incompatible with my idea... There are many ways you can get boosts, and I think that transferable boosts, such as in-cockpit items , do not provide any sense of Earned Worth. The Bounty Mastering c-bill boost isn't something you would just throw money at and slap onto whatever mech you are using at that moment; you'd first have to totally master using that mech, and only then would you have earned the right to get that permanent boost. And then it could be stacked on a cockpit item, too... ;-).

They are kind of two different concepts. I anticipate that a transferable boost would either cost more or boost less than some kind of boost that is dedicated to a particular Mech in your inventory.

#52 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 12 March 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

How is that a problem?

No cash flow to PGI...

#53 JeepStuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

I would pay MC for this and wouldn't need anything other than a permanent C-bill boost (other posters want additional features -- I wouldn't need any). I have limited time to play the game and want to shorten the grind as much as possible. Today I pretty much only play hero mechs for that reason. But i would LOVE to add the C-bill boost to other variants so I don't feel like I'm cheating myself when I play them. The boost would need to be more than 10%, though. I would gladly pay hero mech prices as long as the boost was 30% like the other heroes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users