Post your gaming rig/setup!

308 replies to this topic

#301 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

Working on a new wall mount case without Granite..... lol. I have the frame already built, its out of aluminium, and I am gonna carbon fiber wrap it with 3m product. Pics will be incoming, I have to do all the cut work, and waiting on a Dewalt Router and bits to cut the 3/16 thick aluminium plate for all the Led lighting channels and holes for wires. This case is 2' x 3' just like the last one, but only 1.5" thick vs. 3" thick.

I went with a new slot drive slim laptop blu-ray player/burner. Most likely gonna build my second water cooling loop in 6 years, and going with hard lines this time. I am guessing my 1st wall mount case I built around 2 years ago weighs around 65 pounds at least.... this one is much lighter. Posted Image

I am looking at a MSI Am4 Titanium Mother board, or the AsRock with the gears.....its sold out right now on the egg. Most likely gonna get a 1800X Ryzen, a 1TB M2 Samsung Pro SSD drive, and some 3200 ddr4 ram. Looking at the MSI 1070 water cooled block card... but might hold out till Vega drops to see whats up. I learned a lot from my last custom case build, and this one is gonna have a lot more features to it. I almost said to hell with it and just bought the Thermal take 5 wall mount case, but I just couldn't do it.... believe I can build a better case. lol. I have around $80 dollars in aluminum right now into it, and around $200 in switches, bluray drive, and about another $300 in the tools required to mill the case. Any of you that have seen my work, (go to page 11) know that I take case building seriously. Posted Image

#302 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

Built this rig about a week ago:

Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Mid Tower

ASUS PRIME Z270-P LGA1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i7 6700k 4.00GHz Skylake (will overclock soon)

EVGA GTX 1080 HYBRID GAMING with all in one liquid cooler

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz

Cooler Master 140XL liquid cooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W Power Supply

#303 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

Ok guys, so I pulled the trigger on The new build, wall mount case is almost all milled but wanted to wait to get all the new parts before I finish the wall mount case. I am getting a entire new loop, including the bits power D5 pump pimp out case cover for it, and the block to mount it to my 400mm res.

Parts that are in so far,

Ryzen 1700

GSkill Flare DDR4 3200 ram 16gb

Asrock Fatality professional board, (the AsRock Taichi has been out of stock for to long on the egg, no other sources for it at a decent price).

It is really hard not to take out the I74790K and the Gigabyte gaming 5 board, and drop it in place and see if windows 10 can figure out the new hardware... lol. I don't have the water block in for the Ryzen 1700, but it did come with the Wrath cooler Posted Image

#304 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

Just finished with the last touches on my latest rig. Runs MWO @ 100-200 FPS, but since my gSynced screen only supports 144 Hz, I had to tweak it down so I am leveling out @ 140 FPS max.

Posted Image

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 240 Black

MLB: Asus ROG Strix Z270G mATX

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @ 5 GHz OC

RAM: 4x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200 MHz

Power: Seasonic 750W, 80+Bronze

Cooling: Corsair H110i v2 240mm, 2x ML120 PRO Red and 2x HD120 RGB (front / in)
Corsair HD120 RGB (side / out)
ML120 PRO Red (bottom / in)
2x 120mm Scythe Slip Stream Sl @ 800rpm (side / in)

Storage: Samsung EVO 960 1TB SSD

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti TURBO8 (11 GB) @ 1800 MHz OC

Screen: ROG SWIFT PG278Q,2560x1440, gSync, 144 Hz @ DisplayPort

Input: Logitech G910 MK2
Logitech G300s @ Logitech G240 Mousemat

Edited by Thomster, 02 August 2017 - 11:08 AM.

#305 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:39 AM

Ok guys, New wall mount case is done, and every is up and running extremely good.

New build :

Ryzen 1700 @4 ghz With EK water block

16 gb of G.Skill Flare DDR4 @3200mhz

X370 Asrock professional mother board

MSI Seahawk 1070 8 gb card with Ek waterblock

1tb Samsung Evo M.2 drive

500 Samsung 840 Evo SSD

Blu-ray slot loading slim DVD drive

Corsair Rm 850X power supply

D5 pump with Bitspower pimp out case cover

XSPC Quad Rad with Corsair fans

Monsoon 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD hard lines, with Monsoon fittings

Bitpower flow meter

This is the first time I have ever used hard lines on a build, and I am not real happy with the way they came out. They look nice, but I think at some point I will buy another 4 pack and figure out how to bend them tighter, and make this build look tighter with the water lines. Over all I am loving the new build and coming off a I74790K @ 4.8ghz, and a ATI 7970 3gb, My frame rates have doubled or better in MWO game play. I am pushing right at 90-180 FPS now on a 32" BenQ 1440P monitor.

Hope you guys like it, I do! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the old Granite wall mount.... it was just to heavy to keep in service as my main rig. Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 25 August 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#306 Commander Taylor

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

dell inspiron 660s(heavily upgraded):
Posted Image
gt1030
8gb ram
intel i3-2120
500gb hdd(original)
300w psu

I get around 40-50 fps at all medium settings

#307 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

Just Bought my first Gaming Desktop For MWO. Literally just for this game. Because for the last 4 years I have been playing
mwo on an old laptop. Let me tell ya...it was rough..but I still played. Anyways two weeks ago I finally saved up enough for my first
desktop and I got everything included with it.
Nothing Crazy but its a Great Solid Cool looking Desktop

HP Pavilion ( I like HPs)
NVIDIA GEFORCE 1050
AMD RYZEN 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

It also came with a 30 Inch HP Monitor
OMEN Keyboard
OMEN Mouse
OMEN Headset
everything I needed for MWO.

The NVIDIA GE FORCE GTX 1050/AMD Ryzen 5 runs MWO Great. super high fps

The Tricky part comes into play when you Record or Stream you gameplay.
Normally any recording software such as "Bandicam, OBS, Fraps, Shadowplay...etc", will drop your FPS
the second you hit record. Not too much but it still will drop it and its annoying.
Also Managing your graphics settings In Game and Out of game to performance helps. But at the same time
I do want to have decent graphics in MWO. So I put some of the Hardcore video settings on Medium (Like texturing and particles) Then I put certain ones on High.
Just depends. Im literally still testing out everything. So many different variables of settings. I want to get it to where when I hit
record My FPS only drops a very tiny percent, Also without losing any precious MWO graphics.

#308 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:54 AM

View PostFuzzyNova, on 15 November 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

Just Bought my first Gaming Desktop For MWO. Literally just for this game. Because for the last 4 years I have been playing
mwo on an old laptop. Let me tell ya...it was rough..but I still played. Anyways two weeks ago I finally saved up enough for my first
desktop and I got everything included with it.
Nothing Crazy but its a Great Solid Cool looking Desktop

HP Pavilion ( I like HPs)
NVIDIA GEFORCE 1050
AMD RYZEN 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

It also came with a 30 Inch HP Monitor
OMEN Keyboard
OMEN Mouse
OMEN Headset
everything I needed for MWO.

The NVIDIA GE FORCE GTX 1050/AMD Ryzen 5 runs MWO Great. super high fps

The Tricky part comes into play when you Record or Stream you gameplay.
Normally any recording software such as "Bandicam, OBS, Fraps, Shadowplay...etc", will drop your FPS
the second you hit record. Not too much but it still will drop it and its annoying.
Also Managing your graphics settings In Game and Out of game to performance helps. But at the same time
I do want to have decent graphics in MWO. So I put some of the Hardcore video settings on Medium (Like texturing and particles) Then I put certain ones on High.
Just depends. Im literally still testing out everything. So many different variables of settings. I want to get it to where when I hit
record My FPS only drops a very tiny percent, Also without losing any precious MWO graphics.

I guess you will lose FPS in any situation where you go strictly SW based or are using the ShadowPlay tools from NVIDIA for your card. There is just that "one more thing" your system has to do:
  • grab the video
  • grab the game-audio
  • eventually grab mic audio
  • eventually grab some cam
  • buffer the stuff on a drive
  • store the stuff on a drive or:
  • hand it to a streaming SW that is going to:
  • probably layer the stuff together and
  • mixes all together to send it to Youtube or Twitch or whatnot
I personally record my MWO games with Shadowplay direct to my NVME SSD in max quality 2560x1440 and have streamed in 720p @ 60 FPS. But even on a 7700K@5.2 GHz, 32 GBRAM @ 3GHz and a 1080 Ti I regularly lose 5-15% of the FPS. There is simply no way around that. If you work with one computer, you may be able to minimize the effect on your FPS by using separate HW that takes care of capturing and recompressing (sometimes even more). Examples would be the Elgato capture HW. With a PCI capture card you would be at the lowest possible impact in that 1-computer scenario. Even better would be to outsource the capturing/streaming to a second computer, using the dedicated capture HW. That would free up your man computer to dish out those sweet FPS for MWO.

#309 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:29 AM

Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black
PSU: Corsair RM850x White
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
HSF: Noctua NH-D15
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming WiFi
RAM: GSkill Trident Z 3600Mhz 2x16Gb
GPU: Asus Strix Vega 64 OC
SSD: Corsair Force MP600 1Tb
Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma
Mouse: Razer Viper
Mouse Pad: Kingston Hyper X Fury
Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud II
Monitor: Acer ET322QK
O/S: Windows 10 Home

Edited by darqsyde, 16 January 2021 - 11:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users