143 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Crashed to Desktop? Fatal Error? Frozen? Let us know what happened here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which?
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur?
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring?
  • Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps?
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • What are your System specs? (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])

#2 OtherGamer

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Crashed to desktop twice today.

First was in the mechlab after 1 minute of looking at the new camos and gadgets. Second was when I tried to quit a match after I got killed.

#3 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts
  • LocationTANTE EMMAS LADEN

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

3 games tonite and 2 times i got kicked into mechlab, after maybe 2-3 mins into the game.... fix that already !!!

#4 b KEIM

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Crashed to desktop in every game today except for one.

The other game was a BSOD as a result from MWO. If another patch goes by and there aren't major improvements to stability, I'm uninstalling for good.

#5 Studebaker OMO

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationin the Matrix

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

And it keeps crashing and it goes on and on since last months patch, didn´t remember which one. Game keeps freezing ingame and no error report or anything. It´s like that at least for like 1 1/2 months so yeah I´m getting tired. Will wait till next patch and until that will suspend playing.
It´s always the same behaviour, freezes in middle of game and no specific event I can identify what might be causing it, sorry devs you have to figure it out on your own.

Edit: And of course I probably won´t get any premium time back...

Edited by Studebaker OMO, 19 March 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#6 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Just crashed out when I tried to leave the game from the scoreboard. Didnt have that before.

the way mwo crashes is a pain btw, have to use ctrl alt del to kill the process. Usually if games crash it's ctd or with an error.

Edited by Flapdrol, 19 March 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#7 BuckChorris

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Well, first game after the patch, and bam, in-match freeze/crash, just like before...

/sad

I was hopping this would have been fixed.

No specific event, other than I was shooting ballistics in Frozen City; game just freezes, with whatever sound that was playing staying 'stuck', need to Ctrl+Alt+Del out and kill the client with Taskman.

It would be nice to know if the devs have any leads on the cause, and if there making any headway into solving the situation.

*IGP, I CAN VOLUNTEER MY PC IF YOU NEED A PC TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE*

#8 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

5 of 7 matches tonight crash back to mechlab.

If you all don't fix this VERY VERY SOON you are going to lose me forever.

Cya next patch. Good luck figuring it out as I've provided enough logs to you over the last 8 weeks it shoulda been fixed already.

Edited by Lugh, 19 March 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#9 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 444 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Unknown freeze, after some games. crtl/alt/del to shutdown the game.

#10 Sunaiac

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Still got the cryanimation : command buffer overflow crash.
(in window mode. Gives BSOD in fullscreen)

#11 DerDoktor

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

EPIC FAIL ... AGAIN !!!
The games still freezes the same way as always in the last 6 weeks.
This has become a real game breaker for me.
PGI please take the common naughty swearwords and apply them generously on yourself.

#12 Keigo

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Also had a crash just now, maybe 5? or so games played since the patch. First time the game crashed on me, too. Right after the weapon/system startup and the match began, I turn around and the game closed itself similar to hitting ALT+F4 or killing a process. No freeze, no game/crash error or anything.

The map was River City.

Video Settings:
1680*1050 on windowed mode
V-Sync and motion blur - off
Posted Image

System specs:
CPU - i7 920 @ 2,67 GHz
RAM - 6GB DDR3
Graphic Card - Geforce GTX260 (I think)
Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit

Edited by Keigo, 19 March 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#13 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

First game after loading, hard crash to desktop.

Also, mech shutdown for now apparent reason

#14 Peenutts

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

New patch, same old crash.
Started on last patch. MWO will just STOP. Mid match is only time it has done this for me. Happens during any and all activities. All maps. Have to go to the task manager and close out the game. In the task manager it shows MWO has not responding.

Played about 5 matches when it happened.

#15 MrKerensky

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

70% of games played tonight, every 9th or 10th game before.
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which? No message
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur? In game
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring? game freezes or since this patch, it crashes to desktop
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch? 1680*1050 Fs, High, V-sync on, AA off. Didn't change anything
  • What are your System specs? Enough to play the game at 60fps prior the last 3 patches...

#16 WarOrk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

"The Session Was Lost" crash to login screen 4x games in a row post-today's patch.

I've had this crash sporadically ever since LAST patch, but it was on the order of 2-3 crashes per night of gaming (3-5hours), not 4 games in a row. It also usually cleared itself up after an initial crash or 2, meaning after I restarted MWO clinet, and/or PC a couple of times, the error would not repeat for the remainder of the evening, or noticeably less frequently.

However, following today's patch, as mentioned, I've had 4 failed drops in a row with the error occurring about 2-5 minutes into game. I have yet to finish one game completely.

My PING is averaging sub-100, around 75avg and I have uber High-speed internet (verizon FiOS) which consistently tests as stable and uninterrupted. The same internet connection that I've had since I started playing MWO many months ago now and only since 2 patches ago have I had the SESSION LOST error. (I used to get occasional Yellow-screens or less sporadic CTD's - those are gone now, replaced with SESSION LOST.)

The error invariably happens in-game, generally within the first 5 minutes of the match (but not always).

Today I've been dropping exclusively with a Jager-DD and 4/4 matches have resulted in SESSION WAS LOST error.

Following the error, I'm booted to the login screen and I try to re-log. This results in a "Network Error" message and me having to close MWO client.

When I re-launch the MWO client, the MWO logo appears briefly on the screen, then disappears and usually nothing else happens (no game load). I then have to TASK MANAGER force close the MWOpatcher.exe program and again restart the MWO client. About 50% of the time this works, the other 50% I have to completely reboot my PC.

Yes - I've tried resetting my ISP router.

I am running on the same graphics settings as pre-patch and pre-pre-patch - the highest resolution of 1980x1020 or whatever is the highest. I have other visuals set at a mix of HIGH and VERY HIGH.

In-game I get 55-60fps consistently.

Intel i5-3570 @3.4ghz
16GB RAM
64-bit Win 7
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 w/ latest driver 314.07 I believe? (not the .21BETA)

#17 ShaggyMoose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Two hardlocks in six matches. Unfortunately about the same as before the patch. No error, nothing in the logs. Can't recover the desktop except by rebooting. :P

#18 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I've launched seven times so far and crashed to mechlab five times in a row (new record) and then again on the seventh match. This has been occurring for over a month and it seems like it just got worse. Reinstalling the game didn't help, updating drivers didn't help, checking for corrupted .pak files didn't get me anywhere...I don't know what to do.
  • no error message
  • the game crashes back to mechlab in the middle of a round. The amount of time before the crash occurs seems to be random
  • no steps (as far as I know) to replicate it
  • maxed video settings, v-sync off @1680x1050, but lowering them doesn't help (overall performance seems fine either way)
  • sys specs: win7 64, i5 2500k, gtx 670, 16gb ram
OMICRON LOG HIGHLIGHTS

Spoiler

Edited by skullman86, 20 March 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#19 mldpaul

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I have tried to play 6 or 7 times since updating and in all games, the session crashed back to the MechLab after about 30 seconds to 1 minute of game play. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and modified graphics settings with no success. I also tried windowed and fullscreen mode. I also experienced one game crash while in my MechLab. I run Windows 7, 16GB ram, Nvidia GTX660. I had no issues before this patch. PLEASE FIX!!!

Thanks,
Paul

#20 Alaric the Arcane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Between the CryEngine errors, the Sessions Lost, and the random freezes and CTDs, the game has been unplayable for the last 3 patches. Get your **** together PGI, this is worse than it was in closed beta.

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users