Crash & Stability Feedback

143 replies to this topic

#81 Big Tosh

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

2 games with this new patch, 2 freezes and have to C-A-D to get out.

Happens in game, approximately 2.5 minutes into game.

I'm running a Windows 7, i7 350ghz quad, 16gb ram, AMD Radeon 7800 1gb.

Haven't had this problem since playing this game.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

#82 Alaric the Arcane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

CryEngine Error: Command Buffer Overflow

get your **** fixed PGI

#83 JimLahey

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Crashes seem to be fixed after today's patch. I've been able to play 8 matches so far with no crash. So far so good.

#84 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Still getting the memory leak crash. Only happens after combat as the game tries to go back to the Mechlab. It's been happening ever since the February (5th?) Patch, which I brought up this issue then as well. Only message is after it crash 'program not responding'.

Edited by Monsoon, 22 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#85 No7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

CryEngine Error

Aafter game finished on the new desert map and was exiting the post game statistics screen. Instead of coming back to main menu i got a CryEngine error and CTD.

**** Memory Allocation for 3925442592 bytes failed ****

#86 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Have never experienced any CTD's or freezing, but I have noticed more HUD related issues since the last patch. Sometimes the game will launch without any HUD at all. Sometimes it will with part of it missing, like the mini map, or markers for enemy and / or targeted mechs. Before Tuesday, it's always been rock solid, which is why issues like this now are more noticeable (for me)

These issues don't appear confined to a particular map or mech, and are still relatively rare, but what I can say is one particular time when I got no HUD at all was on the Tourmaline Desert. I pressed "T" to chat just as the mech startup sequence began.

My machine is running Windows 8 x64 and I have an ATI 6990 with version 13.1 of the drivers installed. No drivers or updates have been installed since Tuesdays patch.

#87 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Some crashes on matchstart: Loading, then crash without any messages.

Some crashed midgame, nothing special, just ctd without massages.

More minimap-bugs on tourmalin then other maps. From no minimap, to minimap with colored stripes, to minimap but no torsorotating shown up to no f/f arrows in hud and blops on the map.

Edited by Galenit, 23 March 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#88 Creasy Bear

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Got ingame freezes all the time. I play on a map (not a speciall one), and boom I got a black screen and hear the last sound of the game again and again. Have to use the taskmanager to leave the game. Use not a special type of mech. Got this bug from time to time but since the last patch nearly every game. Ah sometimes the game just freezes for a few seconds and then I can play again. It´s really frustrating. I don´t mind balance problems, but if I loose a game without own error its really ****. Got a AMD Athlon 2 X3 425, 12Gb Ram an Ati 7700 GT and a 64GB SSD.
FIX THIS FAST, OR YOU LOOSE ME!

#89 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Crashing to desktop approx every 3 games after pressing 'launch' button. client drops just as selected map should be coming up.

No changes to any of my settings.

Also reduced and fluctuating framerate.

Also, corrupted mech texture renderings. random sections of mechs appear white, or patterned white.

#90 KillerGuppy

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

i have a problem though i dont think it is patch based. since i upgraded my rig lately
i get a error message saying out of memory and instant game termination mostly on match start and it sometimes just terminates outright while playing the game system specs are as follows
Spoiler

#91 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

I freeze every 2nd match on alpine. Much more often than on all other maps together.

#92 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Game is crashing desktop for me every second or third match. Crashing prior to the patch introducing the Jager was a rarity, atleast it was for me.

Not going on a cry fest here but I will admit it does make playing with friends or clan a pain to the point where I just don't bother doing it atm. Simpy because Im more a detriment than any help half the time. No, im not quitting, sh*t happens as they say and being beta stuff is to be expected. There does however seem to be a pletora of people experiencing this issue, this isn't a "bug" in my opinion....it's a problem.
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which?
Most of the time it is a cryengine error: memory allocation failed.
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur?
Usually during load screen before or around start up sequance, though yesterday It happened several times during the match before engaging the enemy.
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring?
None that I can think of that comes to mind of anything specific. I do however tend to switch targets alot, zoom, and switch from reg to heat vision often during any game.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
My video settings are medium with texture quality set to max and have been like that for months. I did at the suggestion of a friend try to turn V-sync on/off and no effect at all as to the frequancy of the crashes.
  • What are your System specs?
Everything is above min requirments, but it is a dual core.

Edited by Tangelis, 24 March 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#93 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

OK so here's a new one for me. The game 'crashed' and kicked me straight back to the main screen showing my mech still in a match...

I still occasionally get the two different freezes. One where you can still hear things happening and ALT+TAB will usually get me back into the game. The other being the hard freeze where the screen freezes and the last sounds playing keep repeating, only CTRL+ALT+DELETE and ending the task gets the game closed.

As far as system specs go, I'm running (I honestly can't remember all the bits and I'm going by memory here);

Asus Maximus Formula V Formual board
3770K i7 cpu
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
16Gb of either Kingston or Patriot ram (can't remember what ram I bought its always high end Kinston, Patriot or OCZ on my personal builds)
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 gpu
750W Corsair PSU (its amazing how many issues a crappy PSU can cause)

I tend to launch the game through steam, I use a Logitech G35 headset, Logitech G15 keyboard and a R.A.T. 7 mouse. Also, since this system can run anything I can throw at it, I'm not overclocking at all even though my board, gpu and cpu are all water cooled and running at 35C or less under load.

#94 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Been getting Cryengine Memory Allocation error every 5-7 matches. I haven't seen that thing in months.

#95 NoCookiesForYou

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Experiencing freezing when in game which lasts about 10s or so after which my screen goes black and my game comes back to where I left it. These latest patches really amped up the frequency of these freezes. Pretty much every second game I'll have the game freeze on me.

I tried couple of gpu drivers, latest beta and newest stable build, made no difference. No visible error messages. I found out that when I play in windowed mode I can severely cut down the amount of freezing, but it still happens from time to time.

MWO Graphic options
Spoiler

System specs:
Spoiler

Catalyst driver settings
Spoiler

My Omicron log is here

I'll happily provide any other information you might require.

#96 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Experienced my first blackscreen upon launching into a map in a loooong time today. Have not changed any settings on anything.

#97 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

yEAH, sop.

Posted Image

Just doin the breast stroke. No big Deal....

#98 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Pushing 2 nights now without a single crash, this looks good. Did you guys change something PGI? Could it be a fluke?

#99 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Getting game freezes every 1-4 matches at random points. I've deleted my shaders, ive changed setting around and nothing.

I've done 3 re-installs. Happening for last 3 or more patches.

Win 7 64bit
AMD HD 7800 2gig
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.67ghz
8 gig ram
1920x1080

#100 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

With recent patches stability became an issue almost above my level of tolerance. Freezes Freaking Frequently. It happens in combat only, no problems in the MechLab. The picture on the monitor is the last frame before the freeze, and sound of running 'mech engine continues as well (just engine). It turns into black screen after alt-tabing out and back in. To kill the process is the only way. I don't think there are specific actions or environment causing the freeze. Different maps, too.

PC is C2D E8400 4 Gb DDR2 with twin ATI 4870-1Gb cards crossfired (and game is forced to use Crossfire via userconfig, both cards are showing load during the play). It runs Vista x64. Last Catalyst edition suitable for my cards, 12.6. My user config is custom, but all CVars are based on standard low-med-high presets. I once tried standard Low-Medium options with empty userconfig and got freeze on the first match too.

It wasn't so unnerving earlier like it is now. Please better do something.

Edited by Morang, 26 March 2013 - 08:10 AM.

58 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 58 guests, 0 anonymous users