New Nerfs: Catapult Variant Quirks Feedback

91 replies to this topic

#21 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostAbivard, on 19 March 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Your right, a turret system could never work, thats why our battleships fire fixed broadseides and no one in their right mind would ever put a turret on an armored vehicle, limited traverse so pwnz!

hugely differnt scenerio between a lone turret and an the majority of a mech, including its engine, computer & control systems etc etc. far far far more complicated.

View Postego1607, on 19 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Yeah, it's funny specially because most complains were about A1 boats, and this has made A1 only cat worth considering, and worth considering ONLY as a boat.

even though the A1 has a HUGE weakness.... SHOT THE EARS OFF and stay 300 meters away is it that complicated?

Edited by Ph30nix, 19 March 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#22 ego1607

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 19 March 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

even though the A1 has a HUGE weakness.... SHOT THE EARS OFF and stay 300 meters away is it that complicated?

I never said SRM boats were a real problem. I just said that's what most complains were about.

#23 Senger

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostAbivard, on 19 March 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

besides, who would buy the new mech if that catapult wasn't nerfed like it was?

maybe someone who is a fan of balistics and wants make the noise "dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka..." ring across the battlefield as they unoload shells the size of grown men on their enemies

#24 Polojilarious

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, I'm not very happy with the nerf.

The best part of running a cat was the ability to maneuver almost freely at full speed and keep something in your sights.

You know, like you'd need to in order to keep other mechs outside of the minimum range of LRMs or PPCs while still shooting them.

#25 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I thought the quirks were supposed to be quirks, not nerfs.

They're pretty boring tbh, if they felt the catapult series had too much torso twist they should have changed that a long time ago (like closed beta) and given them proper quirks. stuff like RoF, heat, speed etc (this applies to all mechs).

The catapults torso twist is basically the same as other mechs in that weight class now, whats the point?

Edited by Asmosis, 19 March 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#26 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

I have sent in my request for my masters of the cat to be move to any other heavy mech. I have play most of all the other mech games. To have the cat to turn slower and can not twist should kills the way i play. Thats why my tag line is Battlenerf, if it to good nerf it. I had these cats since close beta now you want to reinvent the wheel. The cat is suppose to have the best twist in the game if not it not a cat but a dead mouse.

Edited by warp103, 19 March 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#27 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Oh bawwwww you poor Catapult pilots. It must be hard to still have the best torso twist in the game.

#28 Past

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

It seem a bit lazy and underwhelming that the chassis specific quirks are exactly the same for 75% of the available chassis types its not really quirky its a blanket nerf pretty much. I really dont understand why the C1 and C4 got the exact same treatment as the A1 i dont recall seeing anyone ever complaining about those 2 at least 1 chassis should have retained it big torso twist ability. I think they got this one a bit wrong and now when people see that quirks will be added to their favourite mech instead of excited they are going to be worried.

#29 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

This is good. The twist on catapults was insane and it still has the best twist.. ..sometimes i would feel like i could do a 360 lol.

The K2 should have more arm manoeuvrability since it is mounting energy weapons not pods. The quirks are fitting the mech more to its purpose.

I love my cats, but yeah +1

Edited by White Bear 84, 19 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#30 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 19 March 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

This is good. The twist on catapults was insane and it still has the best twist.. ..sometimes i would feel like i could do a 360 lol.

The K2 should have more arm manoeuvrability since it is mounting energy weapons not pods. The quirks are fitting the mech more to its purpose.

I love my cats, but yeah +1

I think that guy is insane. It has the same as the treb. and a few other mechs now. The cat in all mech games had the best twist. It is the Trait of the cat without that, it is a dead mouse.

Edited by warp103, 19 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#31 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Seems like a good nerf. The Catapult has always been a bit overpowered.

A little more diversity would be nice. There weren't any changes to speed that I noticed.

#32 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostBrickyard, on 19 March 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Seems like a good nerf. The Catapult has always been a bit overpowered.

A little more diversity would be nice. There weren't any changes to speed that I noticed.

sorry but what does twist have to do with power. Only the a1 is a issue and yes the speed in twist is 2.5 sec slower.(from lock to lock} is a turn fight that will get you dead.{ check it your self look at the windows when you go from lock to lock it now shutters as if you drop frames}. Shame on PGI each system they seem to have to nerf. that bad but waiting after 1year plus is plain nutz

Ok here is the video of it slower check the out the window there is a shutter that was not there before.
And i know the lock to lock time is still set at pre nerf lock to lock time. So though the distance is lower the time is still as if it was at the long distance time. what a noob bug. If example if twist before takes say 30 sec for 180 to 180, time from150 to 150, should be 25 sec,120 to 120 shoulder be 20sec {linear} not the same 30sec . Again math is math both should have the same turn rate.

Edited by warp103, 19 March 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#33 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

View Postwarp103, on 19 March 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I think that guy is insane. It has the same as the treb. and a few other mechs now. The cat in all mech games had the best twist. It is the Trait of the cat without that, it is a dead mouse.

Still seeing plently of splat cats and LRM cats out on the field, cant be that dead :rolleyes:

#34 Ethidium

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

I agree there was no point to these nerfs, there is very little impact to the A1 SRM boat and no other builds or variants need to be examined.

#35 Senger

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 19 March 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Still seeing plently of splat cats and LRM cats out on the field, cant be that dead :rolleyes:

thats kinda the point. the nerf took away what may be one of the cat's greatest strengths and rendered it obsolete to some new mechs, all without actually addressing the problem which caused them to do so in the first place: splat cats.

#36 Majed

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

They make C1 arms fixed with turso :rolleyes: . So much for small nurf. they do this so they sell the new mech -_- .

#37 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostSenger, on 19 March 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

thats kinda the point. the nerf took away what may be one of the cat's greatest strengths and rendered it obsolete to some new mechs, all without actually addressing the problem which caused them to do so in the first place: splat cats.

thank you get a treb or the new today special mech. If you were not boating you just got bent. If you were it has ZERO effect on you. Stupid chg for a mech class. Fix the one bad by screwing the rest, but wait is still did not fix the issue.

Edited by warp103, 19 March 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#38 Theevenger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 19 March 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

also you have to figure the force and pressure exerted on the chassi when it takes weapons fire. a design that allowed a 360 spin would be structurally weaker then one that didnt. Also the controls and internal components would be hell to get to work properly and not break at the slightest twitch after being knocked around by weapons fire.

You're exactly right. This is why the US Army currently does not have even a single vehicle with a turret that swings a full 360 degrees.

#39 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

nothing abuot the nerf distinguishes the catapults from eachother.

and that was the whole point of quirks in the first place.

that being said, the catapults had it coming the nerf. but i still hope the do actual quirk system for catapult to distinguish the variants.

#40 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postwarp103, on 19 March 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

sorry but what does twist have to do with power. Only the a1 is a issue and yes the speed in twist is 2.5 sec slower.(from lock to lock} is a turn fight that will get you dead.{ check it your self look at the windows when you go from lock to lock it now shutters as if you drop frames}. Shame on PGI each system they seem to have to nerf. that bad but waiting after 1year plus is plain nutz

Ok here is the video of it slower check the out the window there is a shutter that was not there before.
And i know the lock to lock time is still set at pre nerf lock to lock time. So though the distance is lower the time is still as if it was at the long distance time. what a noob bug. If example if twist before takes say 30 sec for 180 to 180, time from150 to 150, should be 25 sec,120 to 120 shoulder be 20sec {linear} not the same 30sec . Again math is math both should have the same turn rate.

wow that is really bad lol.

My stalkers have faster torso twist than that.

Also since they now have basically the same torso range as other heavy mechs but subpar weapon configs, whats the point of them?

Edited by Asmosis, 19 March 2013 - 09:07 PM.

47 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 47 guests, 0 anonymous users