#81 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postwarp103, on 20 March 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

see above

1: Please tell me what your default speed is for your mech in the lab.

2: launch testing grounds

3: full throttle

4: note the speed ( there is no 10% gain)

5: exit game

6: launch a PUG game in same mech

7: repeat steps 3 and 4 only this time you will have your pilot unlocks

8: Finish game

This whole thread is about pilot unlocks being disabled in the testing grounds, which is why some ppl are alarmed. However, in the regular game all is fine and well... outside of the mountainous bugs.

#82 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostJDH4mm3r, on 20 March 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

1: Please tell me what your default speed is for your mech in the lab.

2: launch testing grounds

3: full throttle

4: note the speed ( there is no 10% gain)

5: exit game

6: launch a PUG game in same mech

7: repeat steps 3 and 4 only this time you will have your pilot unlocks

8: Finish game

This whole thread is about pilot unlocks being disabled in the testing grounds, which is why some ppl are alarmed. However, in the regular game all is fine and well... outside of the mountainous bugs.

1 I over it
2 85 kph
3 did it both with lock on and off
4 did it in test grounds to show it with 120 vs 140 for person that did not elite there mech
5 did it in live fire c valley to show 141 v 168 for those that have masters like i do
6 Each time with command console running to check all show the time is set at the 168 lock to lock lvl.
7 I no longer care to do this again.
8.I have have a track record of calling it right. From LRM damage to AC20 damage Transfer,to ECM power each time dev Thomas with in a month we get a opps.

So let some one else video, check, poke. I am not getting paid to test this game like I have others. I will now cheeze and cheat{in rules} like he rest. I will get a A1, craven, trollmano, I got the troll atlas after the last ECM debate the pissed me off so. Thanks I will just troll

Edited by warp103, 20 March 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#83 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 20 March 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Whine whine whine. I don't even have elites for my cat and i had no problems with it last night.

Moron Moron Moron Your attempt at a troll was killed on target.

#84 0X2A

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postego1607, on 19 March 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Ok, now tell me one reason I should ever use my K2 when there is a Jagermech that has greater twist angle, can mount same engine and same amount of armor, and can pack more weapons.

Torso twist was the reason I loved cats and have spent shitload of my time grinding cbills and upgrading them. Now only A1 remains a mech that can be made in a distinctive build that is not outclassed, and that chasis is now basicaly good for LRM boat build only.

Please rethink your decision.

You run a K2 for it's energy hardpoints.

You run a Jagermech for it's ideal ballistics placement.

#85 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

View Post0X2A, on 20 March 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

You run a K2 for it's energy hardpoints.

You run a Jagermech for it's ideal ballistics placement.

Then why in all seven hells is nobody running an energy based K2 ???

#86 Khai Bobe

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Have they removed arm travel in K2's as well? My arm reticle will move up and down but not side to side independently of the torso crosshair. Help!

#87 Khai Bobe

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Oh and i do run an energy based K2

#88 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostReptilizer, on 21 March 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Then why in all seven hells is nobody running an energy based K2 ???

Right now, we're in MissileWarrior Online, where missiles do a boatload of damage, and it doesn't take much to core the head of any mech with them.

View PostKhai Bobe, on 21 March 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

Have they removed arm travel in K2's as well? My arm reticle will move up and down but not side to side independently of the torso crosshair. Help!

Disable Arm Lock in the controls.

Edited by Deathlike, 21 March 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#89 Straythief

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNetherland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

Best "nerf" ever! The catapult can finally return to his original role as LONG RANGE SUPPORT!!
Since when did we use catapults for close range battle??? NEVER! Some idi**s eehhhmmm I mean
pilots ruin the whole reputation of the mech because we see then pilot a srmcat or gausscat..... Seriously??? You guys are like those annoying kids of Call of duty.... Annoying and you see them in every game. Thank God they nerfed the catapult.

#90 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Well, in an attempt to unbury this I'm posting again. Untill the K2 has its torso SPEED returned to normal I will take a leave from this game and will never spend a dime on this game like I had intended to do when Beta was over. PGI your on the verge of losing a lot of people... money spending potential customers with changes like this. Stop nerfing to fix your balance mistakes and oversights. I want my 65 Ton mech toroso to twist at the same speed as other 65 ton mechs... not like an Atlas. If I wanted to pilot an atlas I would be in one. Flametards chime in here..... come at me.

#91 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostStraythief, on 21 March 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

Best "nerf" ever! The catapult can finally return to his original role as LONG RANGE SUPPORT!!
Since when did we use catapults for close range battle??? NEVER! Some idi**s eehhhmmm I mean
pilots ruin the whole reputation of the mech because we see then pilot a srmcat or gausscat..... Seriously??? You guys are like those annoying kids of Call of duty.... Annoying and you see them in every game. Thank God they nerfed the catapult.

Look again moron.... the K2 is very capable of brawling. You sir on the otherhand are one of those whining crybabies who when I headshot says ... " Aimbot ???? " You run around in your little laser mech or possibly even a lite (yea that sounds about right) and whine when a good pilot 1 shots your sorry butt. I got news for you dude.... just wait.. if this game doesn't tank over the next year like im thinking it will due to all the bad decisions... You will see mechs that will be loading up dual 20's and guass just like the catapult. What will you say then? NERF NERF NERF so I can exploit the lag in my lite mech... or so I can take a junk laser build into a brawling situation and survive. This is the problem..... people like you that want the game to get easier for YOU. Instead of finding a counter for the hardest situation you would rather have everything nerfed so that the game fits YOU.

#92 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

I used a catapult during the tourney (C1), and for the most part I was not doing well.

It had very little to do with the "tweaks" done to it, it was more than the rules made me need to use TAG and the major missile nerf affected LRMs than anything.

Sorry, I don't buy the Catapult nerf being that significant.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users