Raven Fix?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

What are your impressions of the Raven fix? I won't be on till late tonight to test it.

-k

#2 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

speed tweak gone, is as fast and as big of a target as an atlas

Edited by SgtMaster, 19 March 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#3 Vocis

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

They didn't fix it. They broke it.

Even firing at a raven from the front the damage applies to rear hitboxes.

#4 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Raven is a paper-mech now, you can't fight at all. You have to be a chicken and hide. 1 hit and your game is gone.

#5 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Still as broken as ever. Between an Atlas-RS and a Cataphract we put 4 salvos of 4LL centre mass onto one with full beam duration. With state rewind there should be no lagshield issue and yet with 112 points of damage theoretically done he had yellow armour.

#6 Pazuz

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

As someone wrote, Raven is a paper-mech now totally useless

#7 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

This is ****ing AWESOME! I'm having a blast in my RVN-3L. My mech feels much more like a light. If you're Raven feels too fragile I recommend adding some armor. I had to drop a ton of ammo. After adding some armor on my back, I could survive a couple more retreats.

#8 fl4sh222

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

Is the 3L really more fragile now or is it just the broken power of SRM/LRM? There is no ECM fix right, so I wonder if it´s still valuable to get a RVN after the latest patch. I didn´t see them the last games, or are all the 3L pilots are just bored of playing a nobrainer?

#9 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

Nose takes damage.

Side torsos properly take damage.

Seems fixed to me.

#10 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

double AC20 into CT, armor gone

thank you!

#11 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Makes them on pare with other light mechs. So less Raven 3Ls and less ECm included with Jager mechs which means less ECm which means TIME OF THE LRMS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA ... unless you know how the disable the effect of them with cover and so on ...

But again I like it because now I don't have to sit there and hope for a legging just for a chance to kill a Raven 3L before he cores me and 3 other mechs that are shooting at him alone. I use to sit there and watch a Raven run around taking damage and trickle down 38 % 36% ... 35% ... 24% ... 22% ... 18% 12% 6% finally he dies after being shot about 5 hundred billion times by 5 mechs.

We all know it happens.

#12 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

I'm running a TBT with 4 ML + 1 SRM4 mech today and I have a harder time vs. Ravens. They might be easier to hit but I don't get that far because those streaks hit like nukes after the latest patch. I even lost to a COM-2D because his Streaks hit my CT all the time and finished me pretty fast. And that happened never ever before :)

Well that one time when my SRM4 actually hit a Raven I took all his armor in one shot but that again is related to that missile bug.

Edited by Norman Kosh, 20 March 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#13 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostPazuz, on 19 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

As someone wrote, Raven is a paper-mech now totally useless

Good! It's not supposed to be a mech that can slug it out with heavies and win, it's supposed to be a scout! I was so happy when two flights of LRMs with Artemis killed one last night, instead of merely pushing it's armor into the red. Now people will have to treat them like light mechs, and the ECM Cheese Teams consisting of all ECM Ravens will have a much more difficult time. I approve this change.

#14 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 20 March 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

I'm running a TBT with 4 ML + 1 SRM4 mech today and I have a harder time vs. Ravens. They might be easier to hit but I don't get that far because those streaks hit like nukes after the latest patch. I even lost to a COM-2D because his Streaks hit my CT all the time and finished me pretty fast. And that happened never ever before :)

Well that one time when my SRM4 actually hit a Raven I took all his armor in one shot but that again is related to that missile bug.

Yeah the splash issue with missiles.

#15 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Before, the Raven and the Jenner were the only lights, which didn't take excessive SRM damage. Now, it's just the jenner.

#16 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

View Postohtochooseaname, on 20 March 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Before, the Raven and the Jenner were the only lights, which didn't take excessive SRM damage. Now, it's just the jenner.

Well if you recall apparently the Jenner was the only mech that had its hitboxes taken into account when splash was originally calculated. This should be fixed soon, thankfully.

#17 DamnCatte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 171 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

The excessive missile damage thing, overall, isn't meant to be a thing, so I think it's going to be removed from everyone instead of added to the Jenner.

As for the Ravens; I'd always had trouble with them, though never too much to make them unkillable. I do think that this is likely to make them, y'know, think twice about bum rushing an atlas. Kind of how things should be.

In no other instance of Battletech or Mechwarrior or anything would I ever think of using a Raven to kill an Assault mech. In MWO, it has been too easy for too long. Now, it feels like it's gotten slightly less silly. xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users