Anyone Else Been Hacked?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Ratburger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 200 posts
  • LocationIm in front of my computer

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

I wanted to put this on the support page but it seems i cant.

I recently got the same yahoo account hacked after i joined Mechwarrior online (about 4 days) - the thing is that I use 'semi-throw away' yahoo accounts for certain things. the password was unique (pretty random) and only used on about 2 other pages and of course mechwarrior online.

The thing is, I want to buy some Mc's but after this incident I'm not sure its safe to enter my details - I have avg, spybot search and destroy and malewarebytes antimaleware installed on my machine so its pretty secure (weekly checks and updates)... oh yeah i tracked the hacker to Chile but yahoo refuses to give me his I.P adress without a court order for an investigation.

Anyone else had suspicious incidents? and if Piranha games are reading this, got anyone in Chile who has access to your databases?

Edited by Sir Ratburge, 20 March 2013 - 02:22 AM.

#2 skamage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

I use dual authentication on my email account so nope....haven't had an incident in a long long long time.

#3 Vincinzerey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Just as a quick note: You really should stay away from Yahoo Accounts.
They started get hacked in January and are still ander heavy attack due Yahoo itself doing mostly "Nothing" against it, or fixing the XSS Error on theyr website.

You may find more Information about this here ->
http://thenextweb.co...of-being-fixed/

and here ->
http://thenextweb.co...o-fix-old-flaw/

so.. use something else.. gmx.. gmail.. outlook there are tons of them.

Also about "he is in Chile":
ANY "Hacker" who uses half of his brain, would use a VPN for his attacks to mask his real IP
most likely your IP Adress will point to one of this nodes:
http://www.aliveprox...s.aspx/chile-cl
there are way more of them like on vpntraffic.com

Edited by Vincinzerey, 20 March 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#4 Sir Ratburger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 200 posts
  • LocationIm in front of my computer

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

very interesting info Vincinzerey but I have never got my details hacked before, ever. and 4 days after registering my details to mechwarrior on line i got hacked, it may be a coincidence but it makes me feel a little uneasy about adding my debit card details. I think using gmail may indeed be a better option but i probably wont change it as its a hassle and I have already changed my yahoo password to something incredibly long and complex but kept my mechwarrior password the same... if it gets hacked again i will indeed change.

The guy in Chile used his mobile phone to use an internet connection so he doesnt seem to have a brain (easily trackable), the thing that really gets me angry is that yahoo wont give me his ip adress or details without a court order.

Edited by Sir Ratburge, 20 March 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#5 Vincinzerey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

See..thats the Problem:
its to much for you to change your mail provider
So also you asked yahoo to give you a name of a person you tracked down to chile?
why do you think they even know who he is?

When he is using a smartphone, you will have to ask his carrier. Nobody else can tell you who he is, maybe not even them (1 time no registration sim card like you buy in some stores)

#6 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

or a burn phone, I use the wifi hotspot on my htc from boost mobile all the time, but its default registered to a dummy name and email address, you have to give them your info before they even have access to it

Edited by Uminix, 20 March 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#7 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I have not had this issue.

#8 Atlas32

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 106 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 20 March 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I have not had this issue.

Posted Image

#9 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostAtlas32, on 20 March 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm sorry pumpkin, I'll try not to mention me not having an issue when the title clearly asks if anyone else has been hacked.

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'm moving this to Website Support, but also locking it. Please direct your hacking reports to support@mwomercs.com

I'd like to mention that all payment transactions (purchasing MC) take place over external servers hosted by the company that handles the transactions, and not over the servers that host or operate MechWarrior: Online.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users