#121 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostSchwarzerPeter, on 21 March 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Actually i am trying to single tap the UAC5. Have them both in one group and just fire them when they are ready.

With some practice you can overcome the jamming and still fire way faster than the AC5. The AC10 is a decent alternative though.

BAH!

I click like i'm trying to set some form of record for it! I like to entrust my fate to the fickle god of random numbers, Ranblor. Either he blesses me with an orgasmic torrent of firepower, or he smites the crap out me and jams my beautiful guns after the first burst.

The ammo is rubbish, the armor is rubbish, the survivability is rubbish, the speed is rubbish, the contribution to my team after I core my first and only atlas in less than 4 seconds (if Ranblor likes the cut of my jib) is rubbish, but for that one fleeting moment, I feel like I can truly understand how the pilots of these must feel;

Posted Image

"Command, this is Redback one. Target is painted, closing for a strafing run"
"Negative Redback one, target area is hot. Recon reports multiple sam sites. You have range and authorization to use a maverick missi-"
"I DIDN'T STUTTER COMMAND. I SAID, CLOSING FOR STRAFING RUN"
"Negative Redback one, wave off! Thi-"
"AAAH HA HA HA HAAA! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! GET SOME"

PGI. WTB any mech over 70 tonnes that has 4 ballistic mounts in the arms. You can have a kidney.

#122 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 25 March 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

BAH!

I click like i'm trying to set some form of record for it! I like to entrust my fate to the fickle god of random numbers, Ranblor. Either he blesses me with an orgasmic torrent of firepower, or he smites the crap out me and jams my beautiful guns after the first burst.

The ammo is rubbish, the armor is rubbish, the survivability is rubbish, the speed is rubbish, the contribution to my team after I core my first and only atlas in less than 4 seconds (if Ranblor likes the cut of my jib) is rubbish, but for that one fleeting moment, I feel like I can truly understand how the pilots of these must feel;

Posted Image

"Negative Redback one, target area is hot. Recon reports multiple sam sites. You have range and authorization to use a maverick missi-"

PGI. WTB any mech over 70 tonnes that has 4 ballistic mounts in the arms. You can have a kidney.

Best, most epic post I have read here in a long time.

You sir, have my respect.

I will also donate to the kidney fund for an Assault mech that can run 4x UAC5s in the arms. :)

#123 Agent KI7KO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostRavennus, on 25 March 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Best, most epic post I have read here in a long time.

You sir, have my respect.

I will also donate to the kidney fund for an Assault mech that can run 4x UAC5s in the arms. B)

Annihilator, 100 ton Assault Mech that typically ran with 4xLBX-10s and 4xMPL. Don't think all of the ballistic slots fit in the arms, but i'm pretty sure you can run 4 UAC/5s easily and have lasers for doing... whatever lasers usually do.

Also, i think they are available in this era? Not sure.

#124 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostAfoxi, on 25 March 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Annihilator, 100 ton Assault Mech that typically ran with 4xLBX-10s and 4xMPL. Don't think all of the ballistic slots fit in the arms, but i'm pretty sure you can run 4 UAC/5s easily and have lasers for doing... whatever lasers usually do.

Also, i think they are available in this era? Not sure.

They are! They're ancient by game standards, and slower than an Atlas, but that I can deal with! Imagine the Dakka....

ANH-1A - The actual variant that showed up with Wolf's Dragoons, the -1A was armed with four Autocannon/10s and four Medium Lasers. While less accurate and unable to use cluster rounds, the 1A was still a highly destructive and dangerous 'Mech that no MechWarrior looked forward to engaging. BV (1.0) = 1,151, BV (2.0) = 1,434[3]

ANH-1G - This variant had an ER PPC in the right torso, and three Gauss Rifles (one in each arm, and one in the left torso) provide hard hitting firepower. Each Gauss Rifle has two tons of ammunition. Ten double heat sinks are more than adequate to keep the machine cool. BV (2.0) = 2,274[5]

I daresay I could cram 6 UAC5's in there, and anyone who cares to refute that can take their maths elsewhere! A man has gotta have dreams!

EDIT!

Posted Image

Alex, i'm calling you out. You could make this look badass, I know you could. You would have your work cut out for you (it looks like a muppet with big teeth wearing a periscope as a hat) but I believe in you Alex!

DOUBLE EDIT:

SWEET JESUS

Custom Variants

Annihilator Bryan "Gausszilla" - Apparently based on the Annihilator C2, this variant carried five Gauss Rifles. In addition to the standard Gauss Rifle layout, a fifth Gauss Rifle was fitted to the right torso. This variant only had eight tons of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 2, 455[12] It is a nod to Bryan Nystul's (non-canonical) Gausszilla design.

Edited by Kiiyor, 25 March 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#125 charov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Back on topic, I found the XL engine a bad choice for this mech. Given the strange shape of the lateral torso, you can protect your center torso quite well, but this is just a bad feature without a standard engine (my stats shows an increased survivability of the 70%). That said, I'm having good results with these three builds:

Note: you must elite the jag'mech before switching to the standard engine. Otherwise you're way too slow.

Jag'mech A: 78.1 km/h, 2x SRM4, 2x SRM6, 2x LL - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...268f68cb5cb634d
Even with the nerf of SRM missile, you still give quite a punch with an α, expecially when you hit the rear torso. Two Large Lasers give you a reliable secondary weapon and a huge boost in terms of effective range.

Jag'mech S (wip): 70 km/h, 2xAC5, 1x LL, 3x ML - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82abf07d360e6fc
Still WIP. I don't like UACs, so i run around with a pair of AC5. You can easily swap the LL for another medium and use the gained weight to fit UACs. Your choice.
I'm still trying to find the best build with this version, though.

Jag'mech DD (wip): 70km/h, 3xAC5/2xAC10, 2x ML - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1211f22be934036
You know, 3xAC5 = 2xAC10 in terms of weigh. DPS is also comparable, so everything is about your personal preferences. 3xAC5 are best at long range and work like a charm in tourmaline and alpine, but double AC10 gives you a quite good punch in smaller maps. I know that AC20 weights only few tons more, but I found the lack of effective range quite annoying. Moreover, you can't fit 2xAC20 without an XL engine. This means that every good player will focus on your side torso, destroying you in few seconds and before you can come too close.

Remember, in this game speed is life: not only you became faster with a larger engine, but also more maneuverable. Therefore sneak behind a bigger mech to unleash a couple of α, defend from a light mech or play peekaboo behind a rock, all becomes much easier. Creating an effective build is always a matter of balance between firepower, manoeuvrability and fragility, depending on the task you must accomplish (sniper? brawler? harasser? etc..).
Sometimes is worth losing a bit of firepower to improve the other two factors.

#126 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Strip it down, max out armor everywhere but legs. Put in 2xAC20.

Insert whatever engine, small energy weapons, and amount of ammo that makes you happy.

That seems to be the most effective Jager build at the moment, especially since they sort of screwed the 6A with the missile nerf.

#127 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

I've just been having the best time with a 260XL... 388 odd armour, 4 ac2's with 5-7 tonnes of ammo (depends on whether you have 2 or 4 ML) and 12-14 DHS (depending on chassis). This thing if you pair up each arm into a chain-fire means you have a machine gun at a rapid rate, it chews anything up fast and the medium lasers help to expose and strip sections faster. Heat is very managable, this is now my current leveling build since it is so effective...

PS. Best part is close range sniping with this beast against assault mechs... they just keep backing up!

#128 Spartan03

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

I totally agree with Apostal. I run a similar build on my JM6-S and it's just awesome. 265XL, 400 armor, endo 4 AC2s with 6 tons of ammo and 2 MedLazors as backup. I also have every arm in one firegroup in chainfire on the respective mousebutton (left and right) and an additional group with all 4 ACs for headshotting that atlas over there :D
Also the side torsos do not seem to be as vulnereable as i thought. I rarely die fast due to side torso blown off.

#129 AJ Frost

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

I like my Jager with two Gauss, allthough I'm somewhat low on ammo, I wouldn't drop the two lasers for 'em. Thing is, I've been avoiding the XL, yet I do seem to die everytime my side torso blows because it detonates the Gauss in the undamaged arm, totalling the centre torso in a combination of incoming damage and "ammo" explosion from the rifle.

Anybody else notice that?

#130 Spartan03

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

You could put case in your arms to protect the side torsos from the rifle explosions. And i think an XL is mandatory if you want extremely heavy weapons like gauss'. It'll give you mor weight for ammo and armor too :D

#131 AJ Frost

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Case should only be available in the torso for inner sphere mechs, but I admit I never tested that TT knowledge. And no, I won't touch the XL unless it really doesn't matter because blowing the side torso kills me anyway. I'm well armored, just not very fast.

#132 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

NOT 3-4 AC5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im sick of people putting 3-4 AC5 on mechs, especially 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#133 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

View Postred devil2, on 25 March 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Jag'mech S (wip): 70 km/h, 2xAC5, 1x LL, 3x ML - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82abf07d360e6fc
Still WIP. I don't like UACs, so i run around with a pair of AC5. You can easily swap the LL for another medium and use the gained weight to fit UACs. Your choice.
I'm still trying to find the best build with this version, though.

I had a similar build for a while. Dual large lasers and 2 AC5s for superior mid range action. The problem I had was the torso mounted lasers were so low that to use them negated the added cover you could gain from the higher ballistic mounts.

When supporting my team from the rear, though, it was a beast! It just wasn't how I envisioned playing a Jagermech.

Edit
It probably looked something along these lines.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2ffd0896f51eac6

Edited by Raso, 26 March 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#134 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostEl Death Smurf, on 26 March 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

NOT 3-4 AC5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im sick of people putting 3-4 AC5 on mechs, especially 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?:D

#135 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostSaiyajin12, on 26 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Why? ;)

I'd like to know as well... all those exclamation points! :D

#136 Shuyen

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 25 March 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

I'd like to echo the sentiment expressed by others so far about this post: Absolutely. Farging. Epic!!! :o

#137 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostShuyen, on 26 March 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'd like to echo the sentiment expressed by others so far about this post: Absolutely. Farging. Epic!!! :o

Haha yeah I haven't tried that build yet, but the logic behind it is flawless :D

#138 Shuyen

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Yeah, I am totally going to build one. In some ways I regret, just a teensy bit, getting the A model first before the S. It'll be another of weeks before I have ground enough $ to get the S. After which yet another annoying DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA mech will enter the battlefield.

#139 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I was sceptical of the AC2 build, but I use it at the 200-500m range where I have big solid targets, am behind a protective hill, and the enemy doesn't know about me... then I let rip, by the time they notice they've had a torso blown out or are cored. I rarely get CT cored on my Jager's, I run 260XL in every single one standard and build around it, I seem to get my torso stripped and exposed because of the sniper/brawler game this game has moved back to after the LRM nerf yet again.

#140 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

what u think about this ?
JM6-S - AC20, 4xML

Iam a big fan of AC20 bcoz of pure POWER of this gun, 4xML are also good, and i dont like XL on Jagers bcoz their torso size and with build above u are pretty fast, and as we all know here speed is life in this game, u have solid 40 dmg alpha strike, u can use ur left arm as an shield so its ur left torso bcoz u not risk death after u loose it and even if u loose u stil have 30 alpha ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users