#81 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

This is my JMS6-S

This thing makes me grin like serial killer while going 'POM , POM ,POM ,POM' and all with no heat worries at all

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...df5e4c11b46832b

#82 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostDazzer, on 22 March 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

This is my JMS6-S

This thing makes me grin like serial killer while going 'POM , POM ,POM ,POM' and all with no heat worries at all

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...df5e4c11b46832b

If you wanted to stick with the STD engine, I'd free up a few points of armor so you could get the 245 over the 240. Every little bit of speed helps...

#83 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

In the end, with all the variations I have played, for me it comes down to playing either a dual AC20 or dual AC10/2MPLAS.

Oddly, I can build that with any variant.

Even all the variants I have tried, have really not used more than 2 energy weapons, two ballistics or even two missles. I really like these mechs, but I think we need a lighter ballistic package to use with them.

Also, they become very good once you start elite them.

#84 Pinkamena Diane Pie

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPonyville, EQ

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...07ae4675e26b4f8

Here's my setup.

It's strange in that it mixes SRM types and only makes use of one ballistic hardpoint, sure. But I've been managing 700-1000 damage per game with it and I figured I'd share the configuration. It has plenty of gauss ammo and enough for 15 full srm volleys. 20 if you trade one ton of gauss ammo for srms.

You play it patient and you'll be good as gold. 'u'

Edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie, 22 March 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#85 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'm sure something similar to this has already been posted, but what the hell.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9a527034519a235

Two UAC5s with 8 tons of ammo total for your primary weapons. You'll have to be really trying hard to run dry with that much ammo (I've always found that a single UAC needs 3-4 tons anyway). Four medium lasers as respectable backup weapons. Pretty heat efficient and quick with the 300XL engine.

This has been my favorite of my Jagermech builds thus far. A K2 could copy it with better protected primary weapons/side torsos, but I like A.) having all my medium lasers on one crosshair, and B.) having the UAC5s be more mobile.

Plus the K2 ballistic builds are cheesy as hell. At least they added the cosmetic cannon changes to make it a little more believable.

Edited by Elkfire, 22 March 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#86 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

Here are what I consider my "Cookie cutter" XL engine jagermech builds.

JM6-A 2xMLA 2xGauss XL225 Endo DHS
JM6-DD 2xMLA 3xUAC/5 XL260 Endo DHS
JM6-S 4xMLA 4xAC/2 XL300 Endo Ferro DHS

The 2xGauss is possible on all variants.
The 3xUAC build is interchangeable between the DD and the S
Originally I made the 4xAC2 JM6-S build as a joke but I ended up doing 600+ dmg with it.

Any input on these would be appreciated. XL are a must for firepower and speed, the lowest armour being 28 points shy of max.

#87 Abulafia

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 22 March 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Has anyone ever lost an arm on a Jaggermech? The hotboxes for the cockpit and side torso are so huge, that even if I shield myself from damage using the left arm, I got hit in the right torso. I`m confident I could run with half the armor on my AC20's and still die because of the XL-torso destruction.

I started running half armor on my arms for that exact reason, and it hasn't been a problem yet. The side torsos just go too quick to make it an issue.

#88 Superstoff

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Did anybody use the 6MGs, 2ER PPCs build on a DD? If so, long enough for consolidated findings? And what's your experience on the critical hits with the machineguns.

#89 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

I've been having a blast with my Jagers. So far, these are what I've settled on:

A
XL315
4 SRM6s + Artemis
2 MPLs

S
XL255 (70 kph w/speed tweak)
2 Gauss
3 MLs

DD
XL300
2 AC/20s

All of these builds just wreck stuff. Light, medium, heavy, assault - it just doesn't matter. These builds are a match for any mech.

I tried a 3 UAC/5 build, but to be honest it sucked compared to the above builds. I guess some people love the sound or something, but it just doesn't finish mechs quick enough for my tastes.

#90 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

I ran the 2ERPP/6MG last night quit a while. I found it to a be a 2ERPPC mech that makes some cool noises at close range.

I dont know what happened, I used to atleast seem to have MG's do something in the old days, I will be damned if I can find them adding any real difference lately. Im not saying they were changed, but I just dont see any value, and I really want to use them, and try all the time, on different builds.

But the short answer is, I dont think its very good.

#91 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

I also tried the 2 er pcc with 6mg build. And yeah the ppcs do all the work, but the mgs add noise and color to the equation! Which means it's not really effective, but I did have fun with it :)

#92 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Currently got this rolling

TRAGOS
STD 210
15 DHS
END
JM6-A
4X LRM 5(4T ammo) 2X AC/2(3 Ton ammo) 2XMLA
Armor full exept legs
I like this mech alot as it feels like a good firesupport mech. It has 4x LRM5 wich is a good economic LRM choise while the 2 AC/2's give good long range fire support aswel. 2 MLA are decent for backup

Skysweeper
STD 210
13 DHS
END
JM6-S
4X AC/2(6T ammo)and 2 MLA.
Armor maxed out
This was a build i wanted to do the first moment i layed eyes on the Jagermech. Its a fun build with those 4 AC/2's blasting out shells at 300 rounds a minute. Heat buildup is alright. I can fire continiously for around 30 seconds. I chainfire the left AC2'/s in weapon group 1 and the right ones in weapongroup 2.This gives a good ROF with a decent heat buildup. It also annoys the frak out of people! I also grouped together all 4 AC2's in weapon group 4 for emergency situations were i need to unload very fast.

Heavy arms
XL Engine 210
14 DHS
END
JM6-DD
Armour maxed out

2UAC/5(6T ammo)and 2 MPL.1 AMS(2 T ammo)
I normally aim for economic builds(Even tough i have premium). This is my first "Expensive mech" with an XL engine. Dual UAC for quick damage delivery along with 2 MPL. Heat eff is Very good wich allows for continious fire.

My mechs are not fast but i play carefully. And i play as support not offensive. Yet i seem to finnaly found these mech builds to be good so i can work my way up to get all those skills unlocked and get some modules installed.

#93 MrStark

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

How do you guys try all the different builds? Do you have like 10 slots or just keep reselling the mechs?

#94 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostMrStark, on 23 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

How do you guys try all the different builds? Do you have like 10 slots or just keep reselling the mechs?

You know you can swap weapons/engines/etc around on the mechs you buy, right? And you can take off parts without selling them?

Most people might grab some MC for mechbays and thus have plenty of them open for buying the three Jagermech variants. Even if they don't, each variant is pretty damn versatile, so you can replicate a lot of the builds with any one of the three, especially the builds that rely on a couple of primary Ballistic weapons.

#95 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Several great Jager builds can be found here: http://www.mechspecs...hp?28-Jagermech

Folks have been voting on their "greatness" (read efficiency) while putting them through their paces.

Check it out.

#96 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm of the opinion that the DD is a poor mech choice, because you simply cannot effectively use all 6 ballistics hardpoints (machine guns being trash).

The S, then, is the ideal Ballistics platform, and the best platform for dual AC/20 or Gauss, which you can mount alongside 4 medium lasers for decent backup weaponry/crazy alphastrike power.

The A opens up a lot of options, but does limit you to a pair of ballistics - good for most builds, but being quite well differentiated from the S.

My preferred builds (Note: I just dump ammo in mechlabs pretty randomly, put it whereever you want, and I don't pay a lot of attention to Front/Rear armor ratios, I deal with all that stuff in-game only. Only pay attention to total armor here):
JM6-A 2 UAC5, 4 SSRM2, 2 ML
JM6-S 2 AC/20, 4 ML

#97 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

While I know this is highly subjective, I'm personally of the opinion that the absolute minimum engine in a Jager is a 255. ~70KPH skilled. Below 250 engines, you're losing crit slots to required heat sinks to make 10 and also as a result getting fewer 2.0 "In Engine" heat sinks compounding the inefficiency.

Also, the Jager's torso already twists fairly slowly. Going even smaller in engine sizes makes it much harder to track fast targets.

YMMV.

#98 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

JM6-S build:

2xAC20 (6 tons ammo)
4xSL
XL255
Endo
416/422 armor

The dual AC20s feel like the hammer of the gods. I never liked it on the Cat because of the speed sacrifices, but this thing is plenty fast and packs a wallop. I know I could take less ammo and maybe a cut in armor and upgrade those SLs to MLs, but I can't squeeze in additional DHSs so it runs pretty hot with MLs. I'm still testing this thing so if it turns out I don't need all the ammo I'll make a change along those lines.

#99 Tsalad

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

( I accidentally logged into my other account)
Jm6-s
ErPPC
2 med pulse lasers
3 machine guns
AC/10
XL270 engine.
Been having good results. Pound them with the cannon constantly. Add in PPC shots and then grind them with the cannon/mg/mpl
If they get close

#100 Spectre250

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Currently running 4 AC/2, with 5T ammo, and 2 ML for backup on a JM6-S. Left on the stock engine and refitted with DHS, endo, and FF to load about 330 for armor. I have to say this build is devastating against mediums and heavies, especially when the ACs are broken into two separate chain-fired groups for a rapid barrage. Cannot say I would swap out any of it, regardless of engagement range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users