Jagermech - Effective Builds

435 replies to this topic

#61 Harabeck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostEl Death Smurf, on 21 March 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

false. look i can make unsubstantiated claims too!
oh wait, whats this?? links to PROVE you wrong?!

the A hitter, no catapult or cataphract can do this, and the only cataphract that can shoot rlms shoots them 4 at a time. eff that.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...29f694348081d7c

Why would anyone want to do that? You're a mediocre sniper and a mediocre LRM boat. Those weapons just don't work well together.

dual ac20 in arms... i wont make one, since that's just too obvious... but again, allows for things the other heavies can't do. and still very effective

Except that you're either incredibly slow or a brawler with massive side torsos and an XL engine. Terrible idea.

4SRM6 and lb10-x
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...94cc0fa9472e159
standard 270 engine... im kind of proud of this one.

LBX is terrible. Only machine guns would be worse.

5ac2 that's 20DPS. put on a coolant pod, and NOTHING will face you and live. 600rounds to boot. (a good shot could get +800 damage and that's without missles.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0f3b01559ba2a13

A build reliant on consumables is a one trick pony. That's like a splatcat that only has two volleys. And it's not 20 DPS for long. WIthout coolant, you're nothing. Further, alpha always trumps dps. Pop out, but in a good hit, back to cover. To get reliable dps, you're talking brawling, and the Jager can't take much damage.

3UAC5 and 4 medium lasers. should fiar well off, and Even the hero Cata[hract cant have 4 M lasers
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1ad1474eb2200cf

That build is waaay too hot and slower than the Ilya with a similar build.

#62 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hmm, saw CASE in the torso of an XL build with ammo in the chest. I'd say I stopped paying attention there, but I then noticed 3 machine guns...

#63 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

My JM6-A
2* LBX10 (4t ammo)
2* Medium Laser
2* SRM6 (2t ammo)
XL255, 10 DHS
AMS (1 ton)
Endo

Simple, semi-fast, heat efficent and lethal.

#64 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Here's my jm6-a build, a little expensive, but very effective and a lot of fun:

JM6-A

#65 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I've had success with a couple of JM6-A builds (it's the only one I've had a chance to play around with):

Started with:
4xSRM6
2xLL
XL300
16 (i think) DHS

was putting out splatcat-like damage. broke 1000 damage in one game.

next I tried:
4xSRM6
2xML
Std300
same DHS

found the XL too squishy, tried this, many matchsticks and the occasional situation where it's worth taking the STD.

next:
2xAC2
4xSSRM2
Std300
not sure of HS

I saw someone rocking AC2s and SRM6s, and that inspired this: i didn't want to switch back to the XL so my first thought was the very light SSRMs. can put damage downrange unlike the first couple of builds I tried. had a couple of nice games in it.

what I settled on (today, at least):
2xAC2
4xSRM4
Std280
12 DHS

Nice middle ground between the awesome splatting of the 4xSRM6s and the downrange damage of the AC2 builds. Having success. The top three go 74 and this one goes 69, so it's not too bad a drop for the smaller engine.

ETA: near max armor on all builds.

Edited by FerretGR, 21 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#66 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Gonna give either an S or an A a try later. The jagermech looks kinda awesome and seem like alot of fun to play.

JM6-S AC10 build. I kinda like this one, decent midrange damage and reliability with 4x ML's to back it up. It's a slightly more flexible and faster version of the Gauss boat below.

JM6-S Gauss Speaks for itself, sniper, 7t of gauss ammo, max armor. Could remove a ton of ammo for extra leg armor if you want.

JM6-S AC20 This seems fun although im thinking about dropping 1 ton of ammo for aditional leg armor.

As for the JM6-A I was gonna go for 4x SRM and a big XL engine and maybe 2x MPL/LL Pending on how it plays.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 21 March 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#67 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

I use 6xAC2 and have some heat issues with SHS. Once i upgrade to DHS it will be much better.
Don't remember exact stats for now, but 6 tons ammo, ~330 of FF armor, and Endo Steel as well. Slower speed(XL220 if i remember correctly), but really good at fire support.

#68 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm simple in my builds but they do work...

DD - either AC20 or Dual Guass depending on my mood.
A - 4 SRM4's (3ton ammo), 2 AC5 (4ton ammo), and 2 ML. Close range bruiser with damage out to range... quite effective.
S - With only ballistic I woun't shove anything lower then an ac10. Hence this build has Dual AC10 and 4 ML... has the power and range.

#69 subgenius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm curious to see how the hot fix lowering SRM damage is going to change the way many of these builds are working. It was very disapointing to see a balistics monster get turned into another splatcat, so hopefully this pushes things back in the other direction.

#70 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

I've been having a lot of success with the D-DC build.
It completely rips up Jagermech builds cause of ECM and armor superiority.
All those SSRMs and LRMs that are basically useless are really nice to fight.
Jagers do have a lot of damage capacity, so you have to knock them down quick.
Splatcats, stalkers and anything with ECM is a priority over them.

#71 KEMikos

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

I've been trying out an -S, and I gotta say, I know it shouldn't be anything special on paper, but I've been having pretty good success with a 3xUAC5/4xML build. I realize the Ilya should be able to do it better, but if you want 3xUAC without buying a hero 'Mech, there you go.

And don't discount the advantage of the high-mount arms - not sending a quarter of your rounds into the terrain makes a big difference.

#72 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

ok last night 3 games 12 kills and i didnt die once ! http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f1d8957c2554b5a this build feels lame !

Edited by LordDante, 22 March 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#73 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Has anyone ever lost an arm on a Jaggermech? The hotboxes for the cockpit and side torso are so huge, that even if I shield myself from damage using the left arm, I got hit in the right torso. I`m confident I could run with half the armor on my AC20's and still die because of the XL-torso destruction.

Edited by Kmieciu, 22 March 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#74 Craigus

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

Still toying with DD builds. So far I've still had the most success with 2xAC20s. 1 shotting lights / mediums never gets old

However it has little range, relies on getting in close and with the XL you're fragile against brawlers so you need support really

Whilst trying to achieve range, I found UAC5s jam far to often and on chain fire you just don't get the DPS output you need. Also ammo shortages whilst sniping on big maps is prevalent

AC2s don't have the punch for sniping and Gaus Rifles are too heavy and explode easily. So I've come up with this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eec5663108c8903

- High alpha damage
- Effective at all ranges
- Runs cool
- Plenty of ammo (900 potential damage with AC10s alone)
- Not entirely ammo reliant with the PPC

What do people think? I'll let you know how I get on with it

#75 Iscariott

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Craigus,

I think your build definitely has some sauce to it. My concerns are the leg armor being so low, which I understand given the constant weight battle on the JM, lack of AMS, and so few heat sinks. I don't really think these are concerns that could be addressed while keeping the concept. They are largely just downsides to the JM line in general.

I might have posted about it in this thread already, but the JM6-A with 2ac2, 4lrm5, and an XL280-300(only thing that changes is how many heat sinks live in the engine vs how much ammo you bring) is still working very well post lrm hotfix. 14DHS keeps it firing for a long time. You will not win sniper range fights with real snipers(gauss/ppc) but you do bring a LOT of dps for direct fire support. I enjoy it, more so now that actual LRM boats aren't virtually instant death if you get hit.

Side note about it: If you find yourself brawling(it does happen) its not much different than other XL mechs. You die if you get focused. You do 10.5dps with just your direct fire weapons, thats pretty respectable.

#76 Craigus

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I tend to strip weight from the legs above all else as I rarely loose one anyway. Sometimes run with 25/25 so 33/33 is an improvement for me. I find the majority of pilots tend to ignore legs on larger mechs as they're easy enough to hit anyway

You could remove 1 ton of ammo and strip 0.5 armour from other locations to incorporate AMS but with the recent LRM nerf, who needs AMS :D

#77 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

I don't see much use in the DD over the S, 4 Ballistic mounts is already enough, you can try a six ac/2 build but it's not going to be viable and machine guns aren't worth it. The side torsos are also mammoth on the Jager so I stuck with the S

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...99f4efa3467c095

if it ant broke don't fix it. free weight for 1 more ton of ac/2 ammo than just armor it up

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 22 March 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#78 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

After fighting a couple AC40 Jagerbombs in my Atlas can confirm that that build is a monster. Rips armor off like nobody's business.

#79 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 22 March 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

I don't see much use in the DD over the S, 4 Ballistic mounts is already enough, you can try a six ac/2 build but it's not going to be viable and machine guns aren't worth it. The side torsos are also mammoth on the Jager so I stuck with the S

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...99f4efa3467c095

if it ant broke don't fix it. free weight for 1 more ton of ac/2 ammo than just armor it up

You're ammo is very limited. I'd down the engine size by one and maybe drop the medium lasers to focus and focus on midium range combat with the ACs.

Here's a very quick remake of what you had.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8d582b0bff86210

Also the best you can do with the DD's triple ACs per arm is to mix it up with a more asymmetrical build. Try 3 AC2s with a Gauss or AC20.

#80 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostRaso, on 22 March 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

You're ammo is very limited. I'd down the engine size by one and maybe drop the medium lasers to focus and focus on midium range combat with the ACs.

Here's a very quick remake of what you had.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8d582b0bff86210

Also the best you can do with the DD's triple ACs per arm is to mix it up with a more asymmetrical build. Try 3 AC2s with a Gauss or AC20.

I would never drop the MLs, somehow they always end up being of use, extra oomph, backups when I lose an arm (a rarity but still)

I have thought of going down an engine size to get 1 extra ton of one ammo or the other though, but Im finding more and more that when I run dry the match is almost over and we're just mopping up. With more practice Im hoping to get more of my shots on target to waste less lead

also as for your DD build there, can do the exact same thing with the S. Granted it won't be all 3 Ac/2s on one arm but I still don't see much value in the DD.

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 22 March 2013 - 12:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users