Forum Suggestions

244 replies to this topic

#161 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postblinkin, on 29 April 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

@nicholas and fluffybunny: ^^see that this is why i have become so damned crusty about the topic. if he had his way all of the forums would be crammed into one big crap pile.

ok you are definatly trolling.

#162 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Pronoun fluctuation alert!

#163 BeezleBug

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostmiSs, on 24 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Moderation feedback can be addressed to the attention of the Community Management team via Support.

Again, back on topic please.

Really? U build so many Sub-forums, nobody can find anything, and now u say "back to topic please"
If i have a suggestion now, i must split it over 3 Sub-forums so it is not off topic.

Its hard to communicate now and u know it. U should think about this. U really want to exclude the community, that´s such a bad idea.

#164 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

View Postblinkin, on 29 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

i just don't see the purpose of GD because there are already places that fill that role. like the jettisoned communications area.

All because you don't see it, doesn't mean there isn't a purpose.
If that catagory (GD) is a waste of your time, simply don't click on it.
But I can see why they did what they did - in order to get better feedback they sub-catagorized the forums.
And that's cool.
But why can't they do that WITHOUT getting rid of General Discussions?
They are in the CREATIVE Industry, no?
There ought to be some sign of creativity on their part where both can exsist, yes? A win, win.
Anybody seriously think they're gonna bring it back?
I have my doubts.
So let's think outside the box and force the issue.
1) could someone email a couple of media journalists that have reported on MWO and tell them; in an articulate, short and concise manner, your thoughts on how PGI treats the community - both good and bad and not just about General Discussion, but on the many bugs this game seems to produce with each patch - just raise their awareness and let their journalistic instincts take over.
2) Some of you play other games and visit other forum sites (Hawken, World of Tanks etc.) - spread the word on those sites.
3) My best friend is an art director at Blizzard - I'll share my thoughts with him. Anybody else have friends that work in the industry?
4) Go to their facebook page - be heard - takes you all of 30 secs. (and if they block you, start your own facebook page, call it "MWO - they can't keep us silent" or Whatever) I did.

It's one thing to lament the loss of something...it's something else when you DO something about it other than talk about it in this new forum where it's lost under a heap of sub forums and nothing changes.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 30 April 2013 - 03:07 AM.

#165 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

People need to stop getting wrapped up in the argument.

Let me give you an example of why this is stupid. In US politics we have the Right and the Left. The moderates of both sides tend to be able to come together and get things done. The problem comes from the Far Right and the Far Left banging heads and getting involved.

If the moderates would ignore the Far Right and the Far Left, you would see good things getting done.

Listen to me, I can be your next president. ;)

But seriously, if someone is being stupid, ignore them. I have Roadbeer on my ignore from him actin' a fool. I'll probably take him off since he's calmed down and I end up just clicking to read his posts anyway.

#166 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Getting kicked out and needing to login again I can understand if you haven't visited the site in a while. But for instance I just came here. Still had the login valid from yesterday. I open up a thread, read it for a while and then post a comment. Took maybe 5 minutes. And I cannot post it. I have to open up a new browser tab to login again just to get my post through. How is it possible that I get kicked out after perhaps 5 minutes of idling? Is the session counted from its beginning and then terminated instead of counting the life time from last activity?

#167 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

I think we at least need info in this forum in a certain place if a patch is coming today at all. Would of course prefer if we had patch notes in advance but please at least tell us if there is a patch scheduled or not.

#168 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Thank you, Thontor, I'll bookmark that page.

Still, I feel that PGI should release news right on the front page about patch times and content. If even I cannot find the info on this forum, how will a newbie? All they see is servers going down for no reason and weird changes happening in the game without proper info. A forum is not the way to bring out info this important.

PS. I was looking for that info in the announcements section. Just stick it in the front page as an important news, please. We need to know what is coming up and when. Like now it has been 2 weeks since last patch so I thought it would be coming out like always before. Having to find out that no patch is coming in some obscure thread is not very nice.

Edited by arghmace, 30 April 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#169 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

It's hard to find compared to every other game website where you go to their front page and it's posted.

Just because you find it easy, doesn't mean it's the best way to do it.

#170 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostThontor, on 30 April 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't think that thread is obscure at all, it is pinned to the top of the news forum. Very easy to find

In a way true. But why do we have a main forum called announcements if the most important announcements are hidden in a general discussion subforum called news that seems to be quite dead with only a few threads. But anyway, forum this, forum that. We already have patch notes separate from forum under Game in the main page. Why not make a separate page beside patch notes about coming patches. I really don't think the forums are the right place for this. It's not discussion, it's about giving info on the state of the game.

#171 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Here's a suggestion. General Discussion means "general discussion" not "a bunch of sub forms that you need to browse separately". I think it works well for mech weight classes but not for general. That's just my 2 cents.

#172 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

View Postblinkin, on 29 April 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

i am perfectly fine with a rapid feed that keeps up with any of the most recently active topics, but throwing it all onto one crap pile is a bad idea.

So right you are. A fairly open "General Discussion" forum just does not work. Never has. That is why most mid to large sized forums do not have and never have had a "General Discussion" forum. It is as you imply "Unworkable".

[Sarcasm Off]

#173 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 April 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

But seriously, if someone is being stupid, ignore them. I have Roadbeer on my ignore from him actin' a fool. I'll probably take him off since he's calmed down and I end up just clicking to read his posts anyway.

Well, if disagreeing with you and showing you were wrong is being foolish ;) Then color me a fool ;)

I guess that's better than starting a personal conversation with me, resort to name calling when it isn't going your way, the delete the conversation and block me so you can have the final word.

Or, start a personal conversation where you blame me for single-handedly causing the destruction of GenDisc. I had no idea I had that kind of power. At least I used my powers for good and not evil.

Edited by Roadbeer, 30 April 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#174 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 30 April 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Well, if disagreeing with you and showing you were wrong is being foolish ;) Then color me a fool ;)

I guess that's better than starting a personal conversation with me, resort to name calling when it isn't going your way, the delete the conversation and block me so you can have the final word.

Or, start a personal conversation where you blame me for single-handedly causing the destruction of GenDisc. I had no idea I had that kind of power. At least I used my powers for good and not evil.

You know full well it wasn't because you were "showing me wrong". It's when you switch into "I'm a troll and know it" mode that bugs me.

It taints anything good you've written when you say you are a troll.

And no, I don't think you have the power to turn off GenDisc. I have bigger fish to fry.

#175 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 April 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

You know full well it wasn't because you were "showing me wrong". It's when you switch into "I'm a troll and know it" mode that bugs me.

And no, I don't think you have the power to turn off GenDisc. I have bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Roadbeer, 30 April 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#176 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

As an FYI, can't see pics or video's at work. So that's wasted on me.

#177 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 April 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

-sigh- Steiners.....jk. ;)

#178 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 30 April 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

-sigh- Steiners.....jk. ;)

Funny that you mention that, those that have me 'blocked' or send me angry personal messages, are all Steiner... with the exception of one FRR.

FEAR THE EAGLE!

#179 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 30 April 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Funny that you mention that, those that have me 'blocked' or send me angry personal messages, are all Steiner... with the exception of one FRR.

FEAR THE EAGLE!

And what am I chopped liver? ;)

"Join the PLJ" they said
"It will be fun " they said
"And Roadbeer is so awesome you have to ignore him to not be blinded" they said

And this is how I get thanked, pfft. Gonna unblock you just for that. :P

Edited by Zerberus, 30 April 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#180 MentalPatient

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

My suggestion? Stop changing ****, I can't find where anything is here anymore, the forum structure seems to change daily. We need a regular stable place to converse about the game and we need to know where it all is.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users