Remove Single Heatsinks From The Game

1107 replies to this topic

#1101 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Why is it that every time I get back to forums they seem to be on fire?

#1102 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 30 March 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

Why is it that every time I get back to forums they seem to be on fire?

president of pgi likes

Posted Image

#1103 AndyHill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

A bit more about the R&R sidetrack perhaps; I'm not saying repair & rearm can't be made in a balanced way, I'm just a little worried about practicality, unfortunately partly because of the existing track record.

I've played quite a bit in groups of various size and back in the R&R days we made stupid amounts of money when playing with 3 or 4 so that even when pugging I never cared about the money, I'd just play a while and notice that yeah I've made a few mils. Again. Nowadays it's a bit different, since more often than not if we're teamed up we have to carry the team completely to get a win - but that does still happen quite often. Now if the people who just don't top the damage charts as it is now couldn't even afford to drive efficient builds, they would be even less of a factor in the matches.

There really shouldn't be groups bigger than 2 in 8 v 8 games, maybe 3 in 12 v 12. But that's another discussion entirely. Currently as it stands, repair and rearm has a high chance of tipping that balance even further towards the death squads.

So how should R&R work? I don't really know. I would probably try out some kind of a bonus so that if you damage a 'mech with a notably higher value you get more money and more xp. How to calculate the value is another thing entirely, but I suppose some kind of a fair valuation system could be made.

A bit more about the R&R sidetrack perhaps; I'm not saying repair & rearm can't be made in a balanced way, I'm just a little worried about practicality, unfortunately partly because of the existing track record.

I've played quite a bit in groups of various size and back in the R&R days we made stupid amounts of money when playing with 3 or 4 so that even when pugging I never cared about the money, I'd just play a while and notice that yeah I've made a few mils. Again. Nowadays it's a bit different, since more often than not if we're teamed up we have to carry the team completely to get a win - but that does still happen quite often. Now if the people who just don't top the damage charts as it is now couldn't even afford to drive efficient builds, they would be even less of a factor in the matches.

There really shouldn't be groups bigger than 2 in 8 v 8 games, maybe 3 in 12 v 12. But that's another discussion entirely. Currently as it stands, repair and rearm has a high chance of tipping that balance even further towards the death squads.

So how should R&R work? I don't really know. I would probably try out some kind of a bonus so that if you damage a 'mech with a notably higher value you get more money and more xp. How to calculate the value is another thing entirely, but I suppose some kind of a fair valuation system could be made.

#1104 Nathan Bloodguard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostAndyHill, on 30 March 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

On the R&R subject. An idea I had was to give a bonus amount of C-Bills for piloting a mech that's stock, and have it decrease by a percentage the farther you customize your mech away from stock. (please also keep in mind that I still think that R&R bill should never exceed your reward, and that it should be mandatory after each match.) This would thus reward you for playing with lower tech, and helps the newbies (or just people low on cash) get enough cash quickly enough to get that tricked out ride. Thus it would help to close these 'gaps' people say would just get wider with R&R back in.

Now to add to R&R and the matchmaker (or the death squads you are all referring to), that would mean that, yet again, it is the matchmaker that would need to be changed to make for a more balanced and fun playing experience. Even I would have to agree that up to half the team rolling as a unit is a little unfair to the other puggers (mostly whom are rolling as solos and only have the keyboard for communication).

Edit: Upgrades are exactly what they say they are, upgrades, which always will be better then the original in some way shape or form. But not everyone wants to take all the upgrades for one reason or another. With this in mind (to get back to the original subject for the heck of it) single heat sinks still have a role to play as the low grade version of the heat sink, with the double being an upgrade.

Edited by Nathan Bloodguard, 30 March 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#1105 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 March 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Original 3rd Person View Poll got stupid huge too.

Though this may take the record for longest forum topic with least constructive feedback, since 99% of it is elite ls nerd raging, and poo slinging back and forth.

Could probably fit every actually useful post on 1 page, lol.

I've posted more than 20 times in this topic so it'd be more than one page. Still, it'd be lonely being there by myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users