Game Balance Advice From The Best Player In The World.

54 replies to this topic

#1 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hello, I'm the best MWO player in the world, and I know this for a fact.

I also know that heat is broken in this game, because my 'mech keeps shutting down, and if I can't keep my mech from going into shutdown, nobody can.

Also - what's with this Ludicrous missile hotfix - they are worthless now, and i can prove it. A single salvo of 50 LRMs will not kill a fresh Atlas. See? Totally worthless - only weapons that allow me to kill enemy players in one, max two shots are worth having.

And you need to buff Atlas turning speed - yesterday there was some n00b in a raven, running circles around me faster than I could turn - there is no skill in that - If I could bring my guns on him, he'd be dead in one shot - this is clearly some exploit that is ruining game balance.

Seriously folks - how crazy do I have to make this post, before you get it? If you can't do something, it means just that - You can't do it. Because I can't FADC senkugoshoha into another senkugoshoha, that doesn't mean the balance is wrong. It only means I can't do it.

I took a break from MWO (and the forums), and it seems the number of b***c and whine threads has been increasing exponentially since I left. You can't click a forum without finding endless posts, apparently made by the best players in the world, on how the entire game should be rebalanced.

At this time, my favourite complaints are:

1. Tourmaline Desert Conquest mode: halve the resource collection rate, cause my slow, fat mech can't get around in time to stop a cap.

2. LRMs/SRMs are worthless now, because their damage has been halved, and instead of killing something in 3 shots, I now have to take 7-8 shots.

3. Equipment X is useless, remove it from the game, so I don't actually have to think about what to put in my 'mech. Only good equipment should stay - hell maybe even include a button in the mechlab, to automatically equip your 'mech with the best equipment, so people don't have to worry about messing up their loadout.

4. game is P2W, because people can now buy a one-use coolant flush, that's also available for regular c-bills, and use it to do what exactly? No one is very keen on explaining exactly how cool shot can be abused to bypass the heat mechanic.

Finally - may I suggest opening up a new forum? A heavily moderated one, with a one-strike rule. If even once, you post a "brilliant" suggestion, that clearly shows you haven't got a clue - you get banned from posting on that forum again.

#2 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

I require proof of your self acclaimed title

Edited by Omni 13, 23 March 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#3 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostOmni 13, on 23 March 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

I require proof of your self acclaimed title

you, my friend, are missing the point here entirely.

#4 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

View Postqki, on 23 March 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hello, I'm the best MWO player in the world, and I know this for a fact.

I also know that heat is broken in this game, because my 'mech keeps shutting down, and if I can't keep my mech from going into shutdown, nobody can.

Also - what's with this Ludicrous missile hotfix - they are worthless now, and i can prove it. A single salvo of 50 LRMs will not kill a fresh Atlas. See? Totally worthless - only weapons that allow me to kill enemy players in one, max two shots are worth having.

And you need to buff Atlas turning speed - yesterday there was some n00b in a raven, running circles around me faster than I could turn - there is no skill in that - If I could bring my guns on him, he'd be dead in one shot - this is clearly some exploit that is ruining game balance.

Seriously folks - how crazy do I have to make this post, before you get it? If you can't do something, it means just that - You can't do it. Because I can't FADC senkugoshoha into another senkugoshoha, that doesn't mean the balance is wrong. It only means I can't do it.

I took a break from MWO (and the forums), and it seems the number of b***c and whine threads has been increasing exponentially since I left. You can't click a forum without finding endless posts, apparently made by the best players in the world, on how the entire game should be rebalanced.

At this time, my favourite complaints are:

1. Tourmaline Desert Conquest mode: halve the resource collection rate, cause my slow, fat mech can't get around in time to stop a cap.

2. LRMs/SRMs are worthless now, because their damage has been halved, and instead of killing something in 3 shots, I now have to take 7-8 shots.

3. Equipment X is useless, remove it from the game, so I don't actually have to think about what to put in my 'mech. Only good equipment should stay - hell maybe even include a button in the mechlab, to automatically equip your 'mech with the best equipment, so people don't have to worry about messing up their loadout.

4. game is P2W, because people can now buy a one-use coolant flush, that's also available for regular c-bills, and use it to do what exactly? No one is very keen on explaining exactly how cool shot can be abused to bypass the heat mechanic.

Finally - may I suggest opening up a new forum? A heavily moderated one, with a one-strike rule. If even once, you post a "brilliant" suggestion, that clearly shows you haven't got a clue - you get banned from posting on that forum again.

I can make you admin of my private forum, and occasional throw in some posts for you to moderate, and ban users that I add randomly.

50 LRM should not kill an atlas, yes, but 400 should kill one? Not with this LRM :)

Edited by Sheraf, 23 March 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#5 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

I wish you hadn't broken character there; this had some potential.

#6 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

And based on statistics, and the law of probability, how many LRMs would you need to fire, to get 400 of them to hit?

#7 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

View Postqki, on 23 March 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

you, my friend, are missing the point here entirely.

and you missed the sarcasm in mine.

View Postqki, on 23 March 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

And based on statistics, and the law of probability, how many LRMs would you need to fire, to get 400 of them to hit?

you could make a 100 LRM stalker theres a gif of it somewhere on the forums

#8 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hmm, I suppose a third party b.ll.sh.t free forum could be established for that purpose. While encouraging discussion and maintaining a consistent banhammering policy and inviting devs to peruse it on the regular.

Edited by Anony Mouse, 23 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#9 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostOmni 13, on 23 March 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

you could make a 100 LRM stalker theres a gif of it somewhere on the forums

I refitted my Stalker 5M with 2x LRM 15, 3x LRM 10 and a TAG, and 3420 missiles yesterday, and test it in battle with people running around in the open. I only able to kill the one with no armor after salvo and salvo of missiles, and if the person is moving toward me to tank all the missiles, not the one moving side way.

View PostAnony Mouse, on 23 March 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Hmm, I suppose a third party b.ll.sh.t free forum could be established for that purpose. While encouraging discussion and maintaining a consistent banhammering policy and inviting devs to peruse it on the regular.

I can refit my forum for that. Wanna join? :) Everything need to be highly intellectual discussion as view by me, or else, your post won't get approved.

Might as well as make your own forum.

Edited by Sheraf, 23 March 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#10 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

yes, and then you'd rmake 5 rolls of 9+ to hit for every one of your LRM20s, and for each that actually hits you'd roll 2d6 to see how many missiles actually hit (usually around 12-16), group them into 5 point clusters, and assign each one to a random hit location, with about 1 in 6 striking the CT.

How does that compare to 100% hits to the CT?

Edited by qki, 23 March 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#11 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostAnony Mouse, on 23 March 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Translation: Ban people I don't like because because I'm a delicate snowflake and words on a forum hurt me.

#12 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

View Postqki, on 23 March 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

yes, and then you'd rmake 5 rolls of 9+ to hit for every one of your LRM20s, and for each that actually hits you'd roll 2d6 to see how many missiles actually hit (usually around 12-16), group them into 5 point clusters, and assign each one to a random hit location, with about 1 in 6 striking the CT.

How does that compare to 100% hits to the CT?

I need to see your dice.

#13 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostSheraf, on 23 March 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I refitted my Stalker 5M with 2x LRM 15, 3x LRM 10 and a TAG, and 3420 missiles yesterday, and test it in battle with people running around in the open. I only able to kill the one with no armor after salvo and salvo of missiles, and if the person is moving toward me to tank all the missiles, not the one moving side way.

I can refit my forum for that. Wanna join? :) Everything need to be highly intellectual discussion as view by me, or else, your post won't get approved.

Might as well as make your own forum.

the stalker in the gif with 5 LRM20s fired one (giant) volley at a phract walking slowly towards it and all he lost was his CT

#14 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 23 March 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Translation: Ban people I don't like because because I'm a delicate snowflake and words on a forum hurt me.

No - I just like order (though not the way Mr. Monk likes it). Right now, there is a constant stream of b***h and whine threads from people trying to write about stuff they have no buisness writing about - threads full of bised opinions from players who (incorrectly) consider themselves elite, making ******** suggestions that only show how clueless they are.

@Omni13 - that's the problem here - the stalker fired a volley from 5 separate launchers, with 100% acuracy - no way you could get that in CBT

@ Sheraf - I'm writing off the top of my head - been a while since I played the boardgame - might have messed up with the hit tables, but AFAIR a roll of 7 is CT (with snake eyes being CT TAC), and that's 7 in 36 possible results to strike the CT.

Edited by qki, 23 March 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#15 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

1/10

#16 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostOmni 13, on 23 March 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

the stalker in the gif with 5 LRM20s fired one (giant) volley at a phract walking slowly towards it and all he lost was his CT

At this current state, the dual LRM 10 on my Stalker 3F is just worthless, maybe useful as smoke beacon.

#17 Aeronerd

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

you my friend are WINNING :)

#18 Vrekgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

#19 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

It' s not useless - I run a raven with a single AIVSRM6, and get kills with it. Unless you are talking about destroying an enemy 'mech with just your 2 launchers.

That's just how it's going to be - weapons have to be balanced between boaters, and non-boaters.
At the moment, you can do just fine without boating weapons, and that goes for LRMs as well.

#20 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostOmni 13, on 23 March 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

Yeah. All he lost from a single alpha strike was all of the armour and probably ~50% of the internal integrity of the most heavily armoured part of that particular mech chassis. Excuse me while I serenade all LRM boaters on the world's tiniest Stradivarius.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users