28 replies to this topic

#21 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostFiresteel, on 24 March 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

I would be perfectly happy with a system similar to Chromehounds/Armored Core V's warfare system minus the wipes.

Both games had persistent worlds that allowed units to take over various areas either through single battles (ACV though I have had far less experience with this game) or through long series of attacking the same area repeatedly (Chromehounds).

Both games also featured a highly robust squad/unit system that allowed the pooling of resources, trading of designs, parts, and money, along with an excellent lobby system that allowed easy rendezvous with fellow squad members.

If we get close to my memories of Chromehounds with this game, I will be extremely happy.

I didn't experience these games, could you provide a couple screenies of the parts you thought would bring the most to this discussion?

#22 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 24 March 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

I can only say thanks for the appreciation of all the older Incarnations of the MechWarrior IP.BT 3025 was truly a wonderful game it had its flaws like all games do but it kept you captivated for hours playing its many various battle types and in depth content. PGI can take examples of this game and many bt/tt/MechWarrior older games and see why the fans and players still to this day play them. There were many great examples of planetary and Solaris type leagues for PGI to explore BTU/3025/MWL/NBT/MWA/SL/VA/CBT/and many more that MechWarrior players and fans played for years with fun and excitement every match they dropped. Anyone doing drop decks? for MWO yet? :( :lol: ---> Posted Image

That's funny the Crypto is in that screen cap as he is in our unit! I am still BEYOND heated that AOL went premium with MPBT when they did so I had to drop out of the game and never offered this. I wasn't aware that 3025 happened till after it had been taken down. I'm also hoping PGI does it like this. The screen caps all show an amazing CW experience that would make this game an epic monster of a production. I absolutely cannot wait for CW to happen.

-k

#23 Firesteel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Deep Underground Near a Volcano

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 March 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

I didn't experience these games, could you provide a couple screenies of the parts you thought would bring the most to this discussion?

Chromehounds world map:

Posted Image

unfortunately no other game interface screens relevant to CM are available for this game due to Sega's shutdown of the servers 3 years ago.

AC V:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunately these are both console games and screenshots of decent quality are harder to obtain. If you want anymore, let me know and I can try and capture some.

#24 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I want to see capturing certain planets affect the game. For instance, owning a factory for a particular mech variant would get you a 25% CB bonus towards that mech. Not owning any factories for that mech at all would make it 25% more expensive to get it.
The same thing for weapons.

Owning important worlds would get you bonuses towards CB, XP, etc. But you couldn't get them until you captured nearby worlds.

Other things like control of an aerospace factory would get you cheaper airstrikes, heatsinks factory the same thing.

Other options might be factional moduiles that are only available when a particular world is owned (For instance Liao might get a sneaky module that makes them 20% more difficult to see on radar, Davion might get a Dakka module that lets Autocannons (and machine guns) reload 5% faster, Similair with other factions (Marik LRMs, Kurita PPCs, Steiner would get a BigBoy module that lets them be more agile in asault mechs. They would be reloadable in the sense that you would need control of that world in order to use it, they would cost nothing, each faction might have several. They would not be usable by other factions, even if they had control of that world.

Factional modules would only be produced on province capitals,

Basically, make every world count.

#25 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

I like where that is going.

I would also recommend bonuses based off of territory captured/held. XP bonus for the house if it's holding more territory than it started, CBill bonus for Merc units signing up with a house that has lost territory. (Mercs sign contracts on a bi-weekly/monthly basis).

#26 pistolero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Locationnot in MWO

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

You guys know that you are talking about a game where its not even possible to keep the backspace key pressed to delete some text (no matter if password or ingame chat) ?

#27 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postpistolero, on 24 March 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

You guys know that you are talking about a game where its not even possible to keep the backspace key pressed to delete some text (no matter if password or ingame chat) ?

Are you still on about that?

#28 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

There's no need for "doing it right" as long as there's no "doing it".

Can we please get back to incriminating threads about PGI's incapability of producing content and instead wasting time on pointless game features like 3rdPV.

#29 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostDeadlyNerd, on 24 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

There's no need for "doing it right" as long as there's no "doing it".

Can we please get back to incriminating threads about PGI's incapability of producing content and instead wasting time on pointless game features like 3rdPV.

Lulz.

You're right. How dare I not spend my electrocredits on creating a new thread exposing the Evil, lying, greedy, insipid, money-hungry, dog-kicking, kitten-punching, baby-eating ***** worshipers at PGI.

I am duly chastised and will now return to my time-out corner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users