Build A Trial Mech - Heavy Edition Winner!

132 replies to this topic

#121 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostEnd Crescendo, on 26 March 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Sometimes I feel like this community will complain about anything.

you dare complaining about that? i will complain about you complaining!

#122 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

I just want to say I think community/custom mechs for trials is a very very good idea and should not be a one off event.

Expand it or do something on a regular basis, maybe see what "stock" loadouts many people actually use and implement those. Most of the TT stock trial mechs are, frankly, rubbish. It would be better to get rid of all of them and replace with custom loadouts that reflect how people actually play.

#123 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

I can imagine that setting up such a contest and going through all the builds is a lot (looot) of work. It would be great to have decent trial mechs in every class though ^^

Can the community admins or some other trusted forum user run these? Looks like a perfect job to outsource to the community :(

#124 RedrumnCoke

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

This looks like a solid build; great job Phorashi! I run my Flame with 4 large lasers in the arms and 19 double heat sinks. My build has more armor, a slightly higher alpha, and less chance of losing 15 damage to a lucky crit, but this build runs cooler (mine only has a 1.37 heat efficiency; I'm jealous), has better sustained dps (4.95 compared to my 4.07; still jealous), and can deliver more pinpoint damage to one spot (with gauss). I use my speed to stay 400 meters away and provide support/skirmish fire. This build looks similar in play-style. As long as you don't try to brawl in this mech, and use your speed to maintain med distance, it will do great. I will play it myself as it looks fun. I also look forward to seeing other people try it out as I can run my Flame alongside for a great skirmishing pair ;)

#125 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

I dont why everyone is complaining.. This was a good idea and they should continue it at least once a month.

#126 WarpGhost

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I definitely vote for having more trial mechs like the custom trial mech. Democracy may not be the best way to decide them though, given the whining!

#127 Capt Cole 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSeattle Aerospace Defense Command, Terra

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 26 March 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Given the replies, it doesn't seem too popular an idea (and it's a lot of work to gather replies, make a list, and have people vote.) We'll see though.

We definitely need more build a trail events.

#128 wngsprd

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

I think this event is a success! I've tried out the trial mech and liked it. I've also had games where there are more than 1 of these dropped within the same team, and they did quite well too.

#129 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Given the replies, it doesn't seem too popular an idea (and it's a lot of work to gather replies, make a list, and have people vote.) We'll see though.

We love the idea, I think some complaints may have come from the quality of 3 out of the 4 chosen to be voted on.

#130 BrotherSurplice

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCoventry, United Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

:) Why ever do you think that? I thought it was a fantastic idea that would really help new players get into the game without being horribly handicapped. It seemed to me like loads of other people thought the same, but was I wrong? :S

#131 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

hrrrm. 3 hit point Gauss Rifle in a 60 ton mech's arm.

#132 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 16 April 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

hrrrm. 3 hit point Gauss Rifle in a 60 ton mech's arm.

Whats that, 20 dmg to the torso with the xl.

#133 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostBobzilla, on 16 April 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Whats that, 20 dmg to the torso with the xl.

Nope. At most, 10 damage to the right torso (50% damage transfer), assuming when the gauss rifle explodes that there is literally no health left in the internals in the arm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users