Has Anyone Else Noticed Ppcs Pinging Off Mechs For 0 Damage?

53 replies to this topic

#41 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ballistic state rewind will probably help with this. Has anyone hit an ECM equipped mech with a PPC and done 0 damage but still disabled their ECM?

Edited by jakucha, 28 March 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#42 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yea same thing - shot a volley of 3xPPCs, correct range and everything, firework show and stuff, no blinking cursor tho and thus no damage at all.
The hits were very precise, I see no reason at all why the game thinks they weren't cause it's not even the lag - I can recall shooting at atlases and awesomes more than once and this occuring.
Funny thing and I'm 100% certain that's not intended.
Yes - I play with PPCs alot - big fan and stuff.

#43 DevilJade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

I use ERPPCs and get this a lot. Also, ERPPCs do NOT have a minimum range.

#44 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

Yes, ecm has gone down but no damage seems to have registered.

#45 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Well Im glad Im not the only one noticing a damage drop when piloting a PPC/ERPPC mech.

#46 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

It isn't just PPCs. I have shot multiple gauss rounds into a overheated Stalker and it takes no damage.

Hit registering is bad.

#47 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

I've had to stop using PPC's and ER PPC's altogether until they get the ballistics hitcode fix in. It stinks, but I've now developed a love for ER Large Lasers.
As soon as they announce the fix is in for this, I'll probably go back to PPC's and ER PPC's to see how they do after the fix.

#48 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

I haven't used PPC's since CB, but I had questions then around how often they didn't connect.

Have they ever been working correctly? There was a minor disturbance in the force (aka CB forums) around August last year when one of the dev's (Matt?) responded in a q&a that 'minimum range 90m blahdy-blah' when asked about ppc hit detection problems.

#49 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

What gets me is "mystery objects" between me and the enemy blocking ppcs shots. It's like invisible textures around buildings etc, the bridge at River City is a great example. It also jacks up weapons convergence a pretty good bit.

#50 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

View Posthashinshin, on 28 March 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

"Has Anyone Else Noticed Ppcs Pinging Off Mechs For 0 Damage?"

"YES", and also at one time or another I have see "ALL" weapons hit and do little or no damage..

It was a little worse before "rewind"... Do you remember when you could Alpha a Raven standing still behind one of your teammates 3 times at different points in the match, and the Raven "lit up", but took no damage..??
Must be hit registration due to something with server capacity over taxed, or netcode just glitching..
That or someone playing with their packet loss ;)

Edited by Odins Fist, 29 March 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#51 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

There are a HUGE NUMBER OF PLAYERS that don't understand that PPC's have a minimum range.

Oh, they might "know" it but they fail to understand in a way that leads to these threads.

#52 Fragtastic

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 29 March 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

There are a HUGE NUMBER OF PLAYERS that don't understand that PPC's have a minimum range.

Oh, they might "know" it but they fail to understand in a way that leads to these threads.

Apparently there is also AT LEAST ONE PLAYER who does not read the whole thread before posting in it.

#53 RagenBull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

yes this has happend to me before and more then once. YOu can see the shot splash and hit the mech but no dmg or red crosshairs.

#54 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostKill Dozer, on 29 March 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

What gets me is "mystery objects" between me and the enemy blocking ppcs shots. It's like invisible textures around buildings etc, the bridge at River City is a great example. It also jacks up weapons convergence a pretty good bit.

In fairness, this is just something that happens in a game like this- fps, sim, what-have-you. I'm sure it'd happen in flight sims too, under certain circumstances :D. Hell, if you ever played that-game-which-shall-not-be-named*, you'd notice spaces between railings that cannot be penetrated even if you have a penetration perk, HEAP rounds**, and are definitely firing between the damn (wooden) railings!

View PostOdins Fist, on 29 March 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

"YES", and also at one time or another I have see "ALL" weapons hit and do little or no damage..

It was a little worse before "rewind"... Do you remember when you could Alpha a Raven standing still behind one of your teammates 3 times at different points in the match, and the Raven "lit up", but took no damage..??
Must be hit registration due to something with server capacity over taxed, or netcode just glitching..
That or someone playing with their packet loss :ph34r:

Alternatively, there was lag which meant you were effectively shooting your teammates in the back :D.

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 29 March 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

There are a HUGE NUMBER OF PLAYERS that don't understand the concept of reading comprehension.

Oh, they might "know" it but they fail to utilize it in a way that leads to these posts.

*When did Hawken lose that title to Call of Duty?

**I may be getting the name wrong, but in one of the CoDs, if you took whatever the armor piercing option was and dropped your weapon, you can see it says it has explosive rounds.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users