Misc

232 replies to this topic

#41 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

What I can tell you is that it reports an unknown map after the match. Guess it is the run at least 3 times thing again. Have only dropped there 2 times so far, I will see if it picks it up eventually.

#42 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

Hey, I just started playing around with this last night. Works well so far (only had time for a few matches). Thanks for making this.

#43 DiamondSkull

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGray Death Legion, attached to the Skye Rangers.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

Interesting soft, thanks for your time and effort and sharing.

#44 Galerius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Being able to tone codify certain weapon family groups or making it easier to track performance after weapon/component changes. Adding the option to create (variant) markers to help us plot variant performance.

Is any of it possible or is it all too impractical?

#45 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

I can report now that new maps get picked up correctly after 2 or 3 games, so it is no sweat. Now how does the colour picker work for when colours are too similar?

#46 Firefrog

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

bit of a daft question... has anybody tried this in python -- am asking as I would like to learn how to do the scraping in python

#47 Galerius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Today MechCollect won't fetch. Reporting Login to MWO failed! Please check your email (do not use your username) and password in the configuration file.

I have checked and the config file is properly set and my info is correct. What is the problem?

#48 Galerius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Thank you for your effort putting together this tool. Your effort is greatly appreciated. Any way to help?

#49 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostGalerius, on 19 August 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Today MechCollect won't fetch. Reporting Login to MWO failed! Please check your email (do not use your username) and password in the configuration file.

I have checked and the config file is properly set and my info is correct. What is the problem?

same problem. looks like it sent you an error report?

*update* seems to be working again. Ideas on what caused the glitch? I didn't make any changes on this end, and was able to log in to both forums & game, though admittedly I did not try to access the stat pages.

Edited by Blalok, 20 August 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#50 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Sorry for the late replies.

View PostBlalok, on 19 August 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

same problem. looks like it sent you an error report?

*update* seems to be working again. Ideas on what caused the glitch? I didn't make any changes on this end, and was able to log in to both forums & game, though admittedly I did not try to access the stat pages.

There was a timeout issue on some days, it's the same problem in the forum, sometimes it takes ages and the application only waits about 30sec. Just click on the raven and it will work.
Sadly there is nothing I can do about it.

View PostHammerhai, on 11 August 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

I can report now that new maps get picked up correctly after 2 or 3 games, so it is no sweat. Now how does the colour picker work for when colours are too similar?

have to looked into the markers.list-file? This could already be what you are looking for.

#51 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

First off, I love this program. Thanks again for making it.

I have an issue that's just come up. After my most recent match it reported that I fired my MG 22 times and did 63 damage, giving me 1155% accuracy. I mean I know I'm good, but I'm not that good :). The problem is that now it has set a new high limit for the accuracy graph, and everything else is squished down to the bottom. Is there a way to fix the graphs? Even if it's just to set a mandatory limit to the graph.

Also, I think that happened is that I caused an ammo explosion, so the damage reported is much higher than what I actually did.

#52 The Vagrant Imp

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Nice work, very neat little stats package :)

Unfortunately I'm getting an "unsupported major/minor version 51.0" error - presumably it's my version of the JDK/JRE, on this machine it's a bit old (don't judge me). What's the target Java version for the package?

PS C:\Users\Vagrant\Desktop\MechCollect> java -version
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)

And have you considered turning this into a web application? I can appreciate it'd be less able to collect granular stats but having it running 24x7 or workstation independent would be kind of cool. Of course it'd be nice if there was an API/read only key to get to the data first!

#53 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 08 September 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

First off, I love this program. Thanks again for making it.

View PostDarwins Dog, on 08 September 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

I have an issue that's just come up. After my most recent match it reported that I fired my MG 22 times and did 63 damage, giving me 1155% accuracy. I mean I know I'm good, but I'm not that good :P. The problem is that now it has set a new high limit for the accuracy graph, and everything else is squished down to the bottom. Is there a way to fix the graphs? Even if it's just to set a mandatory limit to the graph.

Quick method would be to ignore the MG (or better said, to disable it by default), you can to so by adding MG to "disabledEntries=" in the config.properties. After doing so, the button is disabled and the dots aren't painted.

The source for this isn't ammo explosion, MWO calculates the accuracy by counting the targets you hit with one mouse-press. Because most times if using MGs you are running around and holding the button pressed, so if you are hitting 5 enemies without releasing the button... 500%. Another "weapon" having this is the TAG (I also got this sometimes with normal lasers...).

View PostThe Vagrant Imp, on 08 September 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Nice work, very neat little stats package :blink:

Thanks very much :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I'm getting an "unsupported major/minor version 51.0" error - presumably it's my version of the JDK/JRE, on this machine it's a bit old (don't judge me). What's the target Java version for the package?

It's compiled for Java 1.7.

And have you considered turning this into a web application? I can appreciate it'd be less able to collect granular stats but having it running 24x7 or workstation independent would be kind of cool. Of course it'd be nice if there was an API/read only key to get to the data first!

No I didn't think about this. But a webapplication would have the problem of gathering the data, you would have to request it every 2min or something like this, because there wouldn't be a trigger of when you have finished a game.
One way, I'm using, to get it workstation independend is to put the files into a cloud storage like dropbox. Doing so, you can access the data from whereever you want.

#54 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

*snip*

I may be misunderstanding your intent for 'workstation independent', but I've got the application (any my original stat spreadsheet) on a USB flash drive that I take with me. Pop it in the machine, hit the shortcut & voila! up-to-date stats wherever I go (as long as I remember my flash drive... which I didn't today =( ).

#55 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 09 September 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Quick method would be to ignore the MG (or better said, to disable it by default), you can to so by adding MG to "disabledEntries=" in the config.properties. After doing so, the button is disabled and the dots aren't painted.

The source for this isn't ammo explosion, MWO calculates the accuracy by counting the targets you hit with one mouse-press. Because most times if using MGs you are running around and holding the button pressed, so if you are hitting 5 enemies without releasing the button... 500%. Another "weapon" having this is the TAG (I also got this sometimes with normal lasers...).

That explains the accuracy, but there is still the issue of 22 shots and 63 damage with a machine gun. I'm thinking that something must have gone wrong with the reporting somewhere along the line, because I had 2 MGs firing for at least 5 seconds straight at one point in that game. Not a big deal, I just thought you might want to know.

#56 The Vagrant Imp

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostBlalok, on 09 September 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

I may be misunderstanding your intent for 'workstation independent', but I've got the application (any my original stat spreadsheet) on a USB flash drive that I take with me. Pop it in the machine, hit the shortcut & voila! up-to-date stats wherever I go (as long as I remember my flash drive... which I didn't today =( ).

No you're spot on, I use my work machine (after work of course :ph34r:) or my laptop or home PC, which I imagine would cause problems for stats. A portable key is perfect.

#57 The Vagrant Imp

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 09 September 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

It's compiled for Java 1.7.

No I didn't think about this. But a webapplication would have the problem of gathering the data, you would have to request it every 2min or something like this, because there wouldn't be a trigger of when you have finished a game.
One way, I'm using, to get it workstation independend is to put the files into a cloud storage like dropbox. Doing so, you can access the data from whereever you want.

Ah it seems I had hidden away JDK 1.7u25 on account of J2EE reliance. Thanks :ph34r:

I see there are a few options for workstation independence, all good - I will probably do the same with Dropbox (I have a set of utils synch'ed in this manner already). The web application was more a wondering than anything else, it just seems to lend itself to this type of service though there are clearly issues with an MWO stat tracker specifically due to unnecessary polling and so on.

I have the tracker running now and enjoying the glorious charts in any case :D

#58 ColonelKiel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Wow, War Eagle, these stats look absolutely amazing. But I really can't get past the whole login credentials issue. Have you approached PGI and asked them if they would be interested in incorporating your stats module into the game engine? Maybe they have some folks already working on this but maybe your code can help them a bit as well.

I'd feel a million times better knowing that PGI endorsed/backed this.

#59 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostColonelKiel, on 11 September 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Wow, War Eagle, these stats look absolutely amazing. But I really can't get past the whole login credentials issue. Have you approached PGI and asked them if they would be interested in incorporating your stats module into the game engine? Maybe they have some folks already working on this but maybe your code can help them a bit as well.

Sing it sister!

#60 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostColonelKiel, on 11 September 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

The way I see it, what's the worst that can happen? He gets your account/password and changes your password? Then what? You call support and get it changed back. They would probably reverse any transactions that took place if he blew all your MC. Unlike an MMO, he can't transfer any of your stuff off that account.

Just make sure your e-mail and MWO passwords are different.

Edit: SjurWarEagle, can you update your first post with the latest version? The one you have there is a few versions old.

Edited by Jman5, 11 September 2013 - 12:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users