#141 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostAsakara, on 29 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

And the "Get the story straight" stage between Mods and Devs begins another fun round.

yeah my bad for taking him at the word HE was told by them lol

#142 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 29 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

yeah my bad for taking him at the word HE was told by them lol

It happens. :)

It is all very confusing now anyways. Hopefully in an hour or two after another emergency PR meeting at PGI we will get the true* answer.

*Until they change their minds again.

#143 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

The thing is, they had ONE...ONE task with this news announcement, ONE way to quell the dissent of players like me who are at our wits end and at a point where the content isn't enough. All we needed some some art, and some information on the clans... yet we have nothing, in fact, we only have crap that's going to **** off the existing userbase like this possibility of having to PAY TO BE PART OF A MERC GROUP!. which is absolute bs.

I don't understand their marketing plan at this point... it doesn't make sense. It's like they're trying their hardest to alienate people that would, under ANY other circumstance, be a loyal customer!

It's like they just want to see this franchise burn to the ground and **** on the ashes!

#144 MegaBusta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

This **** just keeps getting better and better.

And by that I mean worse and worse.

Seriously, they keep introducing tons of **** to pay for with no reason to buy them.

#145 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostMrPenguin, on 29 March 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Let it be known that Jade Kitsune has literally died from over reacting.

I don't think so, he's still posting, isn't he?

We'll see what is coming. I am not overly excited right now. An exciting announcement would be: "We'll release our first 6 Clan Mechs over the next 2 months" or something like that.

Or "Hey, we finally figured out Mechwarrior balance! Stay tuned for a complete overhaul"...

#146 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Meh, depending on how well faction warfare is implemented I'll probably go premium anyway IF it is good.

#147 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

If CW works as good as the current matchmaker that often can't even balance Elo ratings + weight classes I'm wondering how PGI expects anyone to pay for it.

I don't have any issue paying to start up a corp or even maintaining a sub as leader of a corp. Requiring every member of the corp to maintain a sub so they can play in CW is just going to result in corps forming and then never bothering to play CW which will lead to fewer players wanting to pay because the population in CW is dead.

#148 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I'd be interested in the benefits of being in a house versus a corp versus LNW.

What if I'm LNW by preference, but pay for premium time? Can I be a one man merc corp?

#149 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 29 March 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

The thing is, they had ONE...ONE task with this news announcement, ONE way to quell the dissent of players like me who are at our wits end and at a point where the content isn't enough. All we needed some some art, and some information on the clans... yet we have nothing, in fact, we only have crap that's going to **** off the existing userbase like this possibility of having to PAY TO BE PART OF A MERC GROUP!. which is absolute bs.

I don't understand their marketing plan at this point... it doesn't make sense. It's like they're trying their hardest to alienate people that would, under ANY other circumstance, be a loyal customer!

It's like they just want to see this franchise burn to the ground and **** on the ashes!

Im thinking this isnt a business group but a social experiment to see how much ******** players are willing to take and still give them money, staying faithful to them.

#150 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 29 March 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Im thinking this isnt a business group but a social experiment to see how much ******** players are willing to take and still give them money, staying faithful to them.

Well in my experience it's actually causing me to consider paying for other games rather than MWO. No comment on which other games I'm considering paying for though.

#151 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostDCLXVI, on 29 March 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

I like the direction ea was going with this game. at least all the mechs wouldn't feel exactly the same size and the enviroments wouldn't all look like wolfenstien 3d lol Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Seriously..you post screens from the PR piece that PGI put together years ago for MW5 and you say it was EA's?

Dude, do you even KNOW who makes what?

As for the premium/Merc Corp thing...huh..what I read was that you needed premium time to start one, not that you needed it to be in one, and I can handle needing it to start one. But to BE in one...at this point in the game(no pun intended) I really can't see myself paying a monthly fee for this game...

#152 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

This is all I could think of when reading the phases for CW...

#153 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Developer Piranha Games has been releasing regular updates for MechWarrior Online since the game went into open beta in late October. But now, Shacknews has learned of three new features that will be rolling out leading up to the game's official release late this summer.
According to Piranha president Russ Bullock, the maximum size of matches will increase from the two-lance 8v8 to three-lance 12v12, with a planned rollout in 60-90 days. In addition, coming in June or July, UI 2.0 will be released, making it less cumbersome for newer players.
Finally, Community Warfare will be phased in beginning June or July as well. The first phase will offer players the ability to join a faction, the second phase will allow fighting as a faction, and the final phase will allow those factions to fight for territory.
Creative director Bryan Ekman also said that the team is exploring the idea of pirate-type of Lone Wolf that doesn't care for either faction and thoroughly enjoys gaining glory from harassing both.
When pressed about narrowing the "late summer" release date, Bullock said that it would probably be between August 21 to September 21.

Best part about being a Lone Wolf. Trolling Clanners and Houses alike is the best. Lone Wolves Forever.

#154 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 29 March 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

As for the premium/Merc Corp thing...huh..what I read was that you needed premium time to start one, not that you needed it to be in one, and I can handle needing it to start one. But to BE in one...at this point in the game(no pun intended) I really can't see myself paying a monthly fee for this game...

http://www.polygon.c...ild-and-faction

The lone wolf play style is what players currently have in the game today; the NPC factions will be free-to-play; the Merc Corps, on the other hand, will be monetized. "We're looking at possibly charging a one-time setup fee," Ekman said. "This is just to make sure there's not a flood of one-player corps.

"We really want people who participate in this to be as engaged as possible. And we'll probably require them to have a premium time account, as a kind of dedication level." That premium time account can be purchased in quantities ranging from daily to monthly to bi-annually, with the 30-day pack costing $10.

#155 Mr G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

GAH! *facedesk*
"Phase one; Join a Faction."
Really? That's the first part of community warfare. Funny I can go to my profile and select an icon and "Join" a faction right now. Picking a team isn't community warfare. Putting little numbers besides a faction icon isn't community warfare either. Why does it take two to three months to get your icon choice to "stick"?

#156 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Road, see that's where the problem is..I took that last paragraph as being the reason for them wanting people who START a Merc Corp to have premium time first, to show some commitment, since Merc Corps will be involved in the metagame which means keeping track of the unit, it's players and how they perform in CW to be done on PGI's end, more work in other words, which they don't want to waste time on for someone who starts a Merc Corp, gets no one in it and never really does anything with it. Seen plenty of those types of guilds in other MMOs, just mule/storage guilds that take up db space and that's it. F2P games tend to discourage that sort of behaviour, like I said, DDO if you aren't premium, it costs you real money to start a guild..but it doesn't cost real money to join it or keep it going...so..

We'll just have to wait and see what PGI finally realizes they were trying to tell us that won't make us all say 'to hell with that bs' and walk away now..which is exactly what will happen if being in a Merc Corp requires you to pay a monthly fee.

DCXLVI...I'm really sorry to hear that you are still using a Pentium 3 computer system with an old Voodoo video card, have you thought about upgrading?

#157 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostDCLXVI, on 29 March 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

yes, pgi makes this glorified MechWarrior wolfenstien 3d version of this franchise, that's who makes what. and that is more what ea's version of this game would be, not glitch little spidersd flying and glitching all over the the place with buggy skipping mechs making me feel like im watching 50's Hollywood special effects twitching and skipping across films.

Actually MBT 3025 would be what EA's version of this game would have been... if they didn't get greedy.

Edited by Karyudo ds, 29 March 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#158 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 29 March 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Was going to mention it, but I'm not big on conspiracy theories. Could easily be a misquote or a misunderstanding.

Until then, a lot of people are going to have a field day acting like the prophet from bioshock infinite instead of actually contributing something helpful.

#159 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

The only way I can see the merc company premium system working is if there's still a capacity for people to be part of a company without premium time but have downgraded features (i.e. basically factional privileges, but maybe a few less perks). The huge, huge, HUGE problem I see with requiring premium time for merc company MEMBERSHIP is that some of my guys might not balk at a subscription, but some will. I don't want to have half my friends unable to be part of my unit just because they're not willing to fork out a subscription.

#160 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

what the....

if they want me to pay something I can't get for free otherwise I'm saying buh-bye.

Paying for setting up a merc group? Whatever, fine, I won't do it but some suckers and Richie Richs will do it.

But paying for BEING in a group whatsoever?

HAHAHHAAAHAA screeeeew youuuuuu

I bought MC once for 30$ because I thought my time invested in this game was worth it, since it is fun and I have no problem paying for fun If I choose so.

But I did it in hopes they stay to their rule "all content can be obtained without real money".
They broke this rule with cockpit items which was OK for me since Its just cosmetics, no real part of the game but this.....lol

Star Wars - The old republic <- you know this PGI? You better should.

Edited by TexAss, 29 March 2013 - 06:36 PM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users