Spider Sdr-5K: Any Viable Ac Builds?

38 replies to this topic

#21 Wanderman

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

I made a AC2 spider and did way better with it than I ever did with any laser build or MG's. 2 JJ's and a Mlas with the 255xl and 3 ton's of ammo. stripped the armor out of the arm without the autocannon to get most of the weight I neededed.

You are right though, The thing is terribad against other lights. The upshot was that nobody seemed to ignore me like a lot of pilots do. Got and held attention from just about everyone I shot at and got to put that small spider hitbox to good use. was even the case at range in some cases. Had the enemies snipers trying to peg my tiny *** at 1000+ a few times.

Ive been struggling to find a good use for the 5K and this seems to be it. 5D is just better as a scout because of that ecm but I figure if my goal is to grab attention and hold it for a minuet ecm isnt that important. just do a little flanking and peg a couple guys in the back and bam. Its like I made fun of their mom on national TV.

P.S. - Definately need to stay near the front lines because of the aforementioned vulnerability to other lights with more traditional loadouts. Get away from support and run across a jenner and its game over.

Edited by Wanderman, 28 June 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#22 TinyTinSoldier

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

I've been running with this nude loadout for a few games and I really enjoy it. Your only protection is your speed, distance, and size, as there is no armour on this build. Built for long-range support fire. :(

Chasis: SDR-5K
Engine: XL 255 (Top Speed 137.7 without Speed Tweak)
2x AC/2s
4 tonnes of ammo
Endo Steel Structure
Standard Heat Sinks (from the engine, no extras)
Ferro-Fibrous Armor (no armor actually)
No modules

Haven't tried this build yet, but you could fit a STD100 engine with 4 AC/2s and 2 tonnes of ammo, plus one jump jet (still no armour).

#23 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

I would give this a try: UAC/5 XL200 You can remove one or two JJ and replace them with a laser or more ammo. Or maybe this: 2xAC/2 XL200 Although 150 ammo for dual AC/2 is not really sufficient.

Edited by zagibu, 10 January 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#24 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

I don't understand the hate toward the 5K. I get more kills in that thing than my 5D. A lot of kills. You're a sniper turned back stabber, late-game. How is that bad?

#25 Roachbugg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0f7dd6429938e5a beware the pretend Urbie!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fdd19c726108588 and for dat ac 20 swag.

Edited by Roachbugg, 13 February 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#26 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostExplodedZombie, on 12 February 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

I don't understand the hate toward the 5K. I get more kills in that thing than my 5D. A lot of kills. You're a sniper turned back stabber, late-game. How is that bad?

TinyTinSoldier necro'd the thread. The original posts were back when SSRM2 were crazy overpowered and machine guns were a joke. Spiders instantly exploded when seen by anything carrying a streak and machine guns were 0.5 tonne feather dusters, it was unquestionably one of the worst mechs in the game.

#27 Water68

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

View Postzagibu, on 10 January 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

I would give this a try: UAC/5 XL200 You can remove one or two JJ and replace them with a laser or more ammo. Or maybe this: 2xAC/2 XL200 Although 150 ammo for dual AC/2 is not really sufficient.

I say Pshaw to your build I guess it is OK but I got a dual AC2 and it cost less with the same ammo and if you put it up to a XL it is a 195 and it has JJ so...
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c71f8973921c19b

#28 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

Ah, necromancy. Well done.

#29 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:57 AM

Necromancy is always enjoyable, but here we also have an obviously untested terribad build. Not the greatest entertainment value, but worth the click.

#30 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:59 AM

UAC/5, XL 180 (or better if possible), several tons of ammo and JJ, full forward armor.

Edited by Koniving, 16 May 2016 - 02:59 AM.

#31 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

View Postepikt, on 16 May 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

Necromancy is always enjoyable, but here we also have an obviously untested terribad build. Not the greatest entertainment value, but worth the click.

Not just terribad... but illegal because of <10 heatsinks.

#32 Water68

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

I want to start my own thread but I don't know how any help? Anything would help with this.
Oh BTW if Masakari (Warhawk) builds are actually open (only to all builds not one like the WHK-C) please put up a source it would help a lot TY.

#33 CrimsonSteele

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostWater68, on 15 May 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

I say Pshaw to your build I guess it is OK but I got a dual AC2 and it cost less with the same ammo and if you put it up to a XL it is a 195 and it has JJ so...
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c71f8973921c19b

The UAC 5 build is actually better as it is faster but here is my take on it

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...46dbb661b964df0[/smurfy]

Now, kind of expensive, but workable and also has an ams and JJ's

Edited by CrimsonSteele, 19 May 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#34 Tahu5

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts
  • Locationbehind my CP screen. That's all you need to know. How did you know I was playing MWO?!? I didn't tell anyone!

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:50 PM

Before I sold my SDR 5k I ran the xl 240, 3 mgs (2ton ammo), 1 ac2 (2 or 3 tons of ammo), and a small/med laser (for close fighting or when they are just not looking at you), and I think I eventually put 4(maybe less/more?) jump jets on it. might have maxed out armor. You have to do both armor and structure upgrades if you would like enough tonnage to support the ac2. I'll try and figure it out after I get my nova. Hope this helps! I was getting an average of 300-400 dmg a match. I think my record high in it was like 550 dmg. The speed is great for getting behind the enemy and the size makes people mad Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Tahu5, 19 May 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#35 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:52 AM

The spider 5k is a great mech, i run 1 ac/2, 2 maching guns, and small puls lazos with xl engine. you can have more ammo if u do the other upgrades

#36 FrontdoorShoddy

Rookie

• The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 1 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

Ok.... so I have all the spider chasis. Its better then a locust in my opinion just because the damage spread and higher armour range BUT most chasis have the disadvantage of lack of firepower and hardpoint slots.

I just tried a new build in the 5k, its not recommended. so we will start with going through that.

In my 5K-I have thrown on a Ultra A/C 5, no jump jets dropped the amour a smigde, and threw in a xl 170. Have very little ammo and very intensely slow, the dps isnt high but its absolutely terrified ANYTHING I've pointed at.

Im considering dropping the armour and the engine so i can fit more ammo and become an assult in this build.I'LL REPEAT! ITS NOT RECOMMENDED unless you know how to pilot a spider, Even then its kinda just a troll build :3 I have had fun so far.

BUT Id recommend the 5D.
In this build you can throw in a XL 255, full up your armour, Ignore the AMS and put in a ECM, run your two arm energy points with Md Pulse lazerrrrs and a regular Med for your chest hardpoint if your a brawler with two jump jets and DOUBLE heat sinks. thats important. So if you wanna build a scout more so then anything throw a ecm and tag lazer for your chest point. I dont cause im a brawler more then anything (yes i know what your thinking. "brawling in a spider hes a moron" well &^%$ You i know how to drive it like its hot) but since your not me or a moron just throw in the Tag and see how you like it.

The last variant-The 5V- is by far...the....most....USELESS piece of metal I have in my mechbays....literally does nothing but collects dust and.....spiders.... I cant figure out what to do with it other then turn it into a super flying tag boat because the lack of hardpoints and really.... I dont want to spend the C-bills to upgrade an engine that hasnt fired in a year.... its literally the old farm truck that collects dust all year and wonder why its there. For asthetic value because rusty metal looks pretty?Im not sure by this point. I only keep it around for the mastery of my other two variants. the WORST.

Anyway thats my bit on spiders anybody help me out with the 5K? I want a functional build that DOES NOT HAVE MGS!

#37 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

View PostFrontdoorShoddy, on 23 January 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

Anyway thats my bit on spiders anybody help me out with the 5K? I want a functional build that DOES NOT HAVE MGS!

The best MG mech in the game and you want to play it without MGs? O...K...

#38 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:08 PM

Doing over 200 damage easy with 4mg and one lrg pulse, with at least 1 kill a game. Agile and good light mech, but max armor and run run run.

Tried uac5 or ac5 and doing less for one big reason = not enough ammo.. You can try for fun but why ??? It's going good, put a xl225, uac5, 2 t of ammo and a small.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 06 February 2017 - 12:11 PM.

#39 MARCVS CENTVRION GALLVS

• PipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVRBE ET ORBE

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

you want something totally different ? try ac10 spider.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6bcd6f2055101a2

its good for a laugh

Edited by MARCVS CENTVRION GALLVS, 06 February 2017 - 12:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users