18 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Using valid credit card from current country of residence (UAE) - payment declined
Using a different valid credit card from current country of residence - payment declined
Using valid overseas credit card and VPN to set correct country IP address - payment declined
Using valid PayPal account - payment declined

It's a shame... $90 of my money that Piranha won't get after the current specials on the X-5 and trial mechs ends.

Did anyone else have any trouble paying for MechCredits over the weekend?

I'm posting this here because I'd like the publisher to know. I doubt their (useless) payment gateway provider brings this kind of problem to their attention.

#2 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

I had this problem, it's a security script. You need to be added to their Whitelist. Email support@mwomercs.com.

#3 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Thanks Pete.

Kind of odd that I have should to get whitelisted in order to give them my money...? Sounds like a ''going out of business'' kind of strategy.

By the time they get me sorted, the weekend specials will be over, and I won't be wanting to pay them. Well, until some other attractive offer, anyway :)

#4 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I have been having this issue for weeks... I have tried with a number of cards on multiple computers, even went and spent 10 extra dollars to western union the cash and all I have to show for it is a list of threads I tried to start just like this one, I had previously used BOTH cards to purchase MC in fact, one was Thursday, 15$ and tried to do another 7$ (All mybudget allowed that day) and still have the cash in hand waiting for them, but I suppose that my money is no good... I even tried to add 30$ more to it, but alas, my money isnt green enough for them, I guess Abe, George, and Benjamin will all have to find other uses...

I know most companies exist to make money, do PGI and IGP and everyone else just have enough money to throw around that they dont need ours anymore? Freeeeaken Sweet!!!!!!! I can save my money, nevermind PGI and IGP, there is NOOOOOOOO problems here

Edited by Uminix, 01 April 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#5 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm guessing the publishers just subcontract their payment to a third party provider who has a security algorithm so 'good' that it blocks legitimate attempts at payment.

But when it's your customers who can't give you their cash, then I think it's something the publishers might want to take a closer interest in.

Edited by Appogee, 01 April 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#6 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

The payment gateway provider responded to my support request. They said ''our system determined the risk of your payment being fraudulent was too high to accept. Your recent payments were declined for one or more of the following reasons:
You are sending your payment behind a proxy
Your payment information is incorrect
Your billing information does not match the information logged on your order
You are travelling or purchasing from a different location.

However, NONE of these reasons are correct. I tried FOUR different and valid payment mechanisms - three credit cards and one PayPal account. The details, locations, information were all accurate.

Clearly the problem is with the gateway itself. Meantime, I have no MechCredit and Piranha doesn't have my money.

Edited by Appogee, 02 April 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#7 Noobochok

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Same here. They just reject the payment. Well, no money for them, if they don't want to accept em.

#8 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

I just created a whole new local PayPal account, linked it to a local credit card, and tried to try to give Piranha some money via the oxymoronically-named ''UltimatePay'' system.

And once again the transaction was rejected.

So: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!''

Looks like I will have to spend the money instead on Bioshock Infinite and some blood pressure medication :-)

Edited by Appogee, 02 April 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#9 The Tuxedo

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I had this exact same problem and got it fixed. Skinny Pete got it right: you might have triggered their security measures. I triggered them myself, not entirely sure why (Support didn't tell me) but I have a feeling it had to do with using multiple credit cards and/or having a non-static IP address.

Unfortunately, these security measures might trigger a false positive every now and then, but think of the amount of good it does as well.

Just email the support crew. They'll have you sorted in no time.

#10 IMNMEX

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I just today had that issue, then i tried to use the debit transaction option they have. (online interac?)
The problem that ended up happening was that while my debit was charged, I didnt get any credits. Has anyone seen or heard about this before? I e-mailed support but I figure its going to take a while for them to get to back to me, so I guess Im SOL untill then.

~EDIT:
It just went through at about midnight my time.... curious....

Edited by IMNMEX, 02 April 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#11 Psibelius

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Just had this happen to me, my debit card was charged but I didn't get any MC. Emailed support, waiting to hear back but that won't happen until Monday. :)

#12 IMNMEX

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Happened to me again, this time, its monday, at 2 am, and from people in game Ive heard it can take up to an hour to process.
Also, in the support e-mail ai recieved, I was informed that sometimes using online Interac can have a processing delay associated with it. Curious.

#13 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostAppogee, on 01 April 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Using valid credit card from current country of residence (UAE) - payment declined
Using a different valid credit card from current country of residence - payment declined
Using valid overseas credit card and VPN to set correct country IP address - payment declined
Using valid PayPal account - payment declined

... I doubt their (useless) payment gateway provider brings this kind of problem to their attention.

If you are using a name like B i n L a d e n, or have your resisidence in a location of the world which the US think is infested with terrorists or criminals like Cuba, ... Near East, ... Venezuela, then it is YOUR FAULT if they dont want to do Business with you ! ;P

MfG, MEX

PS: I too wanted to get some MC today and they didnt accept my MAESTRO Card, had to use a bank transfer which needs up to 7 days until I might get the MC :)

Edited by M E X, 08 April 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#14 Ethereal3600

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

same here iv tryed 2 cards that i use for online payments all the time without ishue and ti has been rejecting my money for 4 days now as far as im concerned its the final straw they have failed to fix major problems all over this game for a year now but found time to add mc items every week dam near then as a final fu they cant even keep there payment system working to buy the only crap there adding lol

ill no longer be trying to send money untill real ishues are fixed tn this game and for the record i have plenty of money to throw but you wount be catching it any time soon

o and i like the stafs reply to this plez email us take time out of your day to contact us at our convince to help you pay us of you can just tell us when it will work or take down our profile info right out of the forum or did you forget who is paying who o and a biz tip dont only use 1 method of concact that works for you try offering 24 hr help via phone live chat or email

Edited by Ethereal3600, 17 June 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#15 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

When you send your email to support, please say you need your account "whitelisted".

#16 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostPando, on 17 June 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

When you send your email to support, please say you need your account "whitelisted".

racist

#17 Crown Warrior

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Ahhh... screw that.... they are not getting my money now till farther notice...

I have been using the same paypal account, I have static IP (business internet service), tried the bank payment and two different credit cards and it's the same crap... Fix your e-comm servers or go bankrupt.

#18 Mantazz

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSW, Virginia.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

The common factor that I am seeing here is people attempting to use multiple methods of payment. It looks like using a different CC or paypal other than what you have used in the past gets your account "blacklisted" (meaning all payments auto-declined) until you email PGI asking to have your account "whitelisted". In my case my room-mate asked to use my card the other day to purchase MC, I agreed and the purchase went through just fine (this was the 1st time he had used an alternative method of payment) then today he tried to use his normal card and was declined, then we tried using my card again, declined, then I used my card to make a purchase on my own account, payment went through just fine (clearly no problem with the card). Tried again to use it for his account, declined again.

TLDR- If you want to avoid declined payments and hassle, never use any alternative method of payment.
New bank account? Outta luck. You use pre-paid cards? Outta luck. Your GF wants to buy you some MC for a present? Outta luck....

PGI/IGP, whoever hires the payment company, please ride their arse till they fix this, it really is ridiculous....

Edited by Mantazz, 07 July 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#19 Gemhadar

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 17 posts
  • Locationmontreal,quebec

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

ugh same here, just sent an email to be whitelisted , will see how long it takes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users