#181 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

strange issues:

ping jumps +/- 40

sometimes i can run around shoot something..do no damage (with any weapon) and suddenly I'm teleported somewhere on the map...e.g. shooting something in the enemy base on alpine without dealing damage....plop...humping the wall at my base

#182 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

Ok a little bit more testing reveals:

Dropping resolution to as low as possible actually helps the FPS quite a bit for me. I did start high, so dropping gave me a huge performance boost.

With that, it became clearer that when I get into situations where there are a lot of smoke, flame or other particle effects, the FPS nosedives with amazing eagerness. Single digit FPS is normal in hot zones. Since smoking mechs, PPC/ gauss strikes, etc. are normal and cannot be tuned out, it drops FPS at a time when you need it most.

#183 JollyRogerCRO

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 04 April 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Ok a little bit more testing reveals:

Dropping resolution to as low as possible actually helps the FPS quite a bit for me. I did start high, so dropping gave me a huge performance boost.

With that, it became clearer that when I get into situations where there are a lot of smoke, flame or other particle effects, the FPS nosedives with amazing eagerness. Single digit FPS is normal in hot zones. Since smoking mechs, PPC/ gauss strikes, etc. are normal and cannot be tuned out, it drops FPS at a time when you need it most.

yup, but when you start at the place where you cant drop the resolution any more than you are screwed...

#184 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

just today i keep getting large memory leaks from MWO, the game ends up being unresponsive or extremely laggy. I have not changed any of my graphical settings ingame or on my computer so im not sure whats happening.

Edit: i started a game without being in a group and i ended getting a low FPS count where i kept bumping into things on alpine and eventually was able to get out of the base. It didnt save me when i got hit by multiple people in the pass so yea, until they do a major bugfix patch, im rendered unplayable.

Edited by manny082, 04 April 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#185 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Ping hasn't changed, all drivers up to date. Game is starbursting when I fire, have to control/alt/delete then re-enter match to fix. MASSIVE rubberbanding to the point of being completely unplayable. I've even tried putting settings on the lowest available with no improvement. (shouldn't need too...this is a dedicated highend gaming machine less than a year old)

The massive amount of bugs/breaks introduced by this company with almost EACH patch while addressing few if any of the OUTSTANDING bugs is laughable....I understand that PGI has a timeline that they wish to follow but they are shooting themselves in the foot on a monthly basis. HIre the needed people, get the large number of KNOWN bugs worked on while CAREFULLY testing (if you test at all....) the new content.

I know you are calling this open beta and that you are considering this product to be ready for FULL release around Sept but you better get on the ball with how you operate or you'll go the way of Diablo 3.....

I do hope/wish/pray that you can create what you and we the community have dreamed of...I have spent quite a bit of money to support you as many of us have and want to sing praises about this game...but....please don't drive us away with the continued appearance of what seems to be shoddy testing/implementation/professionalism that we keep seeing.

Still hopefull...Ralatar

edit for typo

Edited by Ralatar, 04 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#186 KKRonkka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Lag spikes during matches, also rubberbanding. At least one player disconnects in every match.

Performance clearly decreased, this feels heavier. I would say it might be even 10 fps drop. Going under 30 in fights which is sad as few versions ago I was able to get medium level graphics from low/disabled. Not gonna drop settings again so I'll wait and see where this is heading.

Edited by KKRonkka, 04 April 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#187 James goddard

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

What are the devs thought on this, ive read post after post of people experiencing the same issues, im sure some have sunk some hard cash into this game we all enjoy so much.
It would be nice to at least have an apology and then a hot fix!

#188 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

I noticed great FPS inprovement on the Alpine which was the slowest map before. I think that thing with terrain texture LOD you introduced helped a lot!

Unfortunately, looks like Alpine also hangs dead in match most frequently. But while it runs, it runs smooth where was low FPS before.

C2Duo E8400, 4Gb DDR2, 2 x 4870 1 GB crossfired (forced to work in MWO via custom user config). Settings are mostly medium (low on some unimportant thins like shadows and particles).

Edited by Morang, 04 April 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#189 Lazydrones541

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

After recent patch: As is known some FPS issues:
-- Lower than normal (60 FPS generally before) in certain cases.
-- Only happened twice: Frozen city and forest colony. (At start of map)
-- Roughly 30 fps both times with some warping of mechs (bouncing)
-- Mini map discolored if not completely obscured (Red, blue, yellow) rainbow style effect
-- battlegrid would not open (while it would "open" it would not stay on screen)
-- same silly coloring effects as it tried to open (red, blue, yellow etc rainbow effect)

Win 7, 8 gig ram, Nvidia Geforce 670 (driver ver: 314.07)

Connection remained stable with no disconnect issues for me, however some lag was observed (probably other users lagging)

#190 SC1P1O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Was running at 45 fps pre patch. Post patch i'm running at 22.5 average.

intel i-7
nvidia geforce gt 525m
Win 7
8 gigs Ram
up to date drivers

#191 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

i am getting less fps, but that has been happening for the past few patches so kinda been expecting it. I have been experiencing lots of rubberbanding recently, but the gameplay I have done in the past few minutes (after the server hotfixes), seems to be much more stable and I am not getting nearly as much rubberbanding as I was getting last night. seems the hotfixes have done lot to help with those server issues. good work pgi!

#192 Drakor I

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Nothing that has not already been said: FPS performances were literally cut in half (or roughly) after the patch... :rolleyes:

Edited by Drakor Steiner, 04 April 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#193 Tibra

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Huge Performance drop. To play with my Raven is a hate. Frame Rate dropped too much. The new visions are worse for my Performance. Night view and Heat View made it nearly impossible to play. Drivers are up to date.

+ the old bugs with no hud or incomplete hud, no Radar etc. nothing changed for these bugs. So with your pretty nice Performance Boost it is a hate to play this game.
And by the way it would be nice some day to get a patch with a better Balance in this Game.

#194 Hellhammer

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArkab (X: 77.23 Y: 202.24)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Unplayable.

#195 Bootsock

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Not sure if anyone else has found this, but every time I fielded a 'mech equipped with Streak SRM2's it was unplayable, never locked on, rubber-banded lots, slow frame-rate, etc. When using other configurations which didn't feature short-range lock missiles, it appeared adequate (although still slower than previously).

Could be entirely a coincidence, but seemed consistent on my games this evening...

#196 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

OK, I'm still having the same issue and I've contacted support, provided all of the information they requested. They said it is considered 'resolved'... I asked them, how can you consider it resolved if nothing has changed on my end? He said there was a hot fix, and to uninstall and reinstall (this is now the third time since the last 2 patches) and I should be fine. Again, my GeForce GTX 550 Ti with 1 GB DDR5 is STILL working extremely hard (from the sound of it) and then the game used to crash to mechlab... it just crashed to desktop for the first time.

Please get better support who don't tell people it's 'RESOLVED' when it is NOT resolved in ANY way on the customer's end.

I'm taking it as someone giving me the finger to my problem.

"You're still having trouble with the game? Well, we've done what we can... too bad." *FINGER* <moves on to the next customer>

This is not good customer service for someone who is a founder for the game and I want to play more... you've made it unplayable to me since about 2 patches ago.

#197 Birthday Truck

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Okay PGI, I've spent money on a new CPU now to play your game

I went from a Phenom x4 9850 to a Phenom II x4 965. That solved most of my issues.

The first round I played, everything above 30+ fps with medium graphics settings.

Now, every sequential round I have this bug/condition that makes random drops to 15 fps. The first thing I do when the round loads, is to turn left/right as far as I can to stress the frame rate. On the first round after a computer boot-up, this twisting around stays above 30+. The rounds after that, without restarting, my framerate drops to 15. It's aggravating.

I have to restart my entire computer to return to 30+ fps. Restarting the client does not fix the issue.

Connectivity: My AC-10 rounds hit targets, and show the explosions, but I get no hit marker. I understand this issue will be addressed soon.

Additionally, I really, really want my Green Hud.

#198 Michel Hatchet

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

My FPS has taken a 10-15 FPS drop with the new patch. It's has become unplayable.

And yes, I have the latest AMD Catalyst beta, 13.3.

Before the patch I got 18-23 on MWO,(which was admitedly a little slugish to be any good with balistics, but I was having fun) and now 7-10. Not acceptable.

Specs:
HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, 64-bit
AMD A8-3500 M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5GHz
6GB RAM

Low settings in MWO.
Located in Nova Scotia with a good connection; ping usually 35

Please fix it. :rolleyes:

#199 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

In addition to the FPS drop it seems difficult to trigger weapons, especially my large lasers. Sometimes they just don't fire or do so with a delay. Also, damage registration seems very low.

#200 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

when i die, my arms are dislocated from the shoulders...?

wishes i could remove the one ton of speakers and add some ammo..!

Edited by SgtMaster, 04 April 2013 - 02:57 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users