Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#201 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I found something that helped a little bit with my obselete video card its at Geforce website called Geforce experience. It Auto configs the geoforce nvidia settings to what best matches their database.
Here is the URL or you could go to Geforce website yourself:
http://www.geforce.com/
Its located on the leftside of the page Geforce experience. If you have geforce card and having issues configuring game now since the ugly patch try that it might help get you 5 to 10 FPS back.

#202 Xaims Andrews

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

* How has the patch generally affected your performance?
It has made the game unplayable. My FPS has dropped significantly.

* Are there specific points in the game when your performance changes?
Performance seems worse on night maps and when in combat. It also goes down when
facing water and Large buildings.

* What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
My video settings are low/custom. 800x600 with every eye candy option turned off. My
settings did not changed since last patch. I have since upgraded my NVIDIA drivers
from 314.07 to 314.22 to see if that would help to no avail.

* Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to
see your FPS)

In game:
I was getting 19-25FPS before patch
I am now getting 7-9FPS after patch

In menus:
I was getting 21-23FPS
I am now getting 20-22FPS

In testing grounds:
I am not sure what I was getting before patch
I am now getting:
Alpine Peaks: 22-26FPS
Caustic Valley: 19-23FPS
Forest Colony: unknown
Forest Colony Snow: 19-24FPS
Frozen City: 18-21FPS south of Dropship, 12-14FPS north of Dropship
Frozen City Night: unknown
River City: 22-25FPS
River City Night: 18-22FPS
Tourmaline Desert: unknown

* System specs
Spoiler

* Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
33.58Mbps download
4.22Mbps upload
Central Coast of California

#203 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Severe packet loss...so much so that I'm about to stop playing....running along shooting etc...then no one moves...I'm still moving locally...then POP...I reappear in the location I assume I was heading before the pop....

Kinda makes this this not unplayable, but definitely leads to deaths and losses...

not a fun time

#204 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

I've tweaked as much as I can with Nvidia control Panel and the best I can hit with this patch is 10 FPS. Not Sure the exact number before this patch, but it ran much much smoother even though my 340 is kinda awful.

#205 Arcticfox9

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Look at the post update from Matt.

http://mwomercs.com/...-issues-update/

His last line, an edit, has mysteriously appeared this afternoon. . . Good news for us that have had massive FPS loss.

#206 Povertysia Scourge

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

The game runs well, I'm not noticing a slow down in FPS, but I do notice mechs (I don't know if this is rubber bannding) but I'll see the mech just click from one position to where they should be, and be running in place for 1/2 a second and appear again where they should be to run in place.

I've been running hunch backs with all lasers, and the client crashes every time while I'm alpha striking. It won't be the first alpha strike, it may occure after 3 minutes, or maybe at 1 minute, but never the first time I alpha strike. This doesn't happen all the time, it's about 1/3 of the games, but there is times after an hour or two of game play it's 1/2 to every game. It's like the server I'm on can't handle all the information of what I just hit with all my lasers and just kicks me from game.

I do run steam chat in the back ground but this doesn't change any game crash rate, although, my friend says that my mech is still there. I keep forgetting to ask if I'm listed as connected or disconnected.

I have to start my game each time.

Spoiler

#207 Nickolai88

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

The patch has had no effect on current performance. Except now i'll get a strange bug where I'm observing myself and my FPS drops to 4 and i can't do anything.

During large firegfights my fps can sometimes drop to 4.

My video settings are LOW, and i get the same fps regardless of resolution.

10-15 FPS in-game, 40-50 in the launcher menu, both for this patch and last.

AMD FX 4100 quadcore, 3.6Ghz 8 GB ram, 2 GTX560s SLI

comcast cable 50mbs Vacaville CA.

Edited by Nickolai88, 04 April 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#208 Yellowceta

Rookie

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?

I now rubberband with at least a 15 second delay on weapon fire response from AC5's in a JM6-S
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.

Problems exist from the start. First indicator is the ~5 second delay in powering up sequence.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?

1900x1280 Full screen High settings - No change from prior to last patch
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)

Didn't get them, but noticed no difference. Can't put another team through my lack of output again until this issue is fixed.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])

i7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
    GTX 660 Ti Signature FTW w/314.xx drivers
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro Thunderbolt
    16 Gb Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

Internet speed - 20 MBs -- Located in Texas

#209 LanceUy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostOrbit Rain, on 04 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Severe packet loss...so much so that I'm about to stop playing....running along shooting etc...then no one moves...I'm still moving locally...then POP...I reappear in the location I assume I was heading before the pop....

Kinda makes this this not unplayable, but definitely leads to deaths and losses...

not a fun time

I am experiencing this as well. Not at first then the last 6 games are consistently so. I have stopped playing also as of now as its really pointless. I am looking at one place then suddenly I am somewhere else. The targets I'm firing at are not actually there and the hits I am taking just comes out of nowhere and I blow up.

No such thing before the patch.

#210 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts
  • Location, location, location

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

This patch has presented multiple new bugs for me. The most of any new patch. (I've been mostly untouched by previous big bugs)

Framerate seems to have taken a 0-5 FPS hit depending on the map, but oddly, it looks like a decent amount more based on the choppiness of my screen (My average FPS is in the mid thirties.) In the mechlab, my FPS has taken a 5-10 FPS hit, going from 55-60 FPS, to 45-55 FPS.

My usual connection speed is 100 mb/s, and as far as I'm aware, that hasn't changed. Now I will get weird lag spikes where there's an unusually long delay between pressing the fire button, and my weapons actually firing. A separate, potentially related issue, involves the cooldown for my weapons freezing, preventing me from firing those weapons (they don't always freeze all at once). The freezing seems to end when it feels like it (usually around 10 seconds).

I have more frequent occurances of the no map/no HUD bug, and my scoreboard flickers wildly in every match I have played to date. I can open the chat window and type, but I cannot send it or exit from a blank window by pressing enter. The only way I've been able to return to my match when I am stuck in the chat window, is to unbind and rebind in the options. That kicks me out of the window, but does not fix the issue of me being unable to text chat.

One graphical related bug that I've seen at least once (on alpine peaks) is weird flickering terrain. In this bug, the terrain will have patches where the ground almost seems to "de-render" leaving a black splotch for a split second.

I have not changed any of my graphics settings since the last patch.

Spoiler

Edited by MalodorousMonkey, 04 April 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#211 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well, might as well just waste my breath each and everytime, but hitbox registration is as pathetic as its ever been. Nothing registers or does the damage as you expect it, especially on any decently moving Mech.

There's only so many times I'm gonna bother saying this, as it's been an issue unresolved since Day 1, and I'm quickly growing tired of it completely.

#212 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 611 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

High Ping? Low Frames? Tell us about it here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)

Well the game is very unplayable for me. I'm rubber banding in heavy mechs so something is FUBAR!
The patch has crippled the performance on my system. I don't know what you did but it's crap. I'm so tempted to uninstall now, its just ludicrous that this would pass an internal review? Really, just crap guys.
No specific points I'm rubber banding in Heavy and Assault Mechs.
I didn't change them until today because I thought going from HIGH to MED with on setting to HIGH would help but it hasn't.
Last patch was great video performance, I got 40 FPS and now I'm getting 30 with spots crawling to 20.
System Specs
[spoiler]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Precision M6600
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2920XM CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A12, 8/9/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name ******
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 32.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 29.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 32.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 28.6 GB
Page File Space 0 bytes

[ /spoiler]
Cable modem, 4Mb up / 1Mb down, South Eastern US.

#213 Jax Miller

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

I know I'm playing on a very much low end machine, but before this patch I could atleast participate in fights. This patch has made the game unplayable...

Even though I would get the "unsupported video card" message for my ATI mobility radeon HD 4330 I could still get in and play...I can still get in and nothing is crashing, but the crap FPS and rubberbanding is super bad.

FPS is down to a slideshow...4.0...sorry didn't check before patch...

All settings are set to low...

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz

4 Gigs RAM

Ping 18 ms 15.56mb/s download 0.49mb/s download

Sure hope this get fixed...was just getting the hang of it.

#214 arkani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Around 10 fps drop in performance in the lowest possible settings ( updated nvidia drivers to last version )
Rubberbanding has increased, from very ocasional to pretty much omnipresent all the time.
Weapon firing delay as increased about 1 to 2 secs

In 6 games:
2 CTD, 1 Frozen, 1 No Hud, 1 No minimap, 1 ok
So 0,16667% of bug free game !!!!!!!

This patch is utter crap.
Slow your current timeline for production.
DIVERT more people to addressing the current BUGS.
This will pay off in the long run.

Samsung RF710-S02 Notebook
4GB DDR3 System Memory
Graphics NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M Graphics Processor

Edited by arkani, 05 April 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#215 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

Still get horrible lag/rubberbanding in games. And also random CTD's.

Uninstalled game and am now redownloading & instaling ..shouldnt take long. See if that helps.

Connection: 60mb Down 6mb Up

System Spec's in sig.

Infact as i typed this it downloaded and installed again <3 fast internet + SSD. Will get back in a couple mins with results.

UPDATE: Fresh reinstall and no mroe CTD's.. but still have bad lag/rubberbanding even though ping is fine.
However as soon as i added the config folder and corresponding fiels ot get user.cfg custom settings working , the first game i played CTD. So if ur using custom user.cfg and the files..remove them.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 05 April 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#216 Tibra

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

OK today i tried everything out to get a better frame rate. No chance! Even a new Installation of the Game changed nothing. My Framerate is dropped to 10. Unplayable. I have no clue what i can do, so i stop playing now until the next patch is coming. I hope u will fix this.
My System
Win 7 Prof. 64 Bit
AMD FX 6100 6 Core CPU
NVidia GT 630 2 GB
8 GB RAM

#217 Mr Fistr Kerensky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

The rubber-banding is once again ridiculous. Not sure what happened after this patch but things have gone to crap. To be honest I was playing less because of other problems with the game, at least the graphics and connectivity was not the problem.. now it is. I get a consistent 60 FPS, full screen, graphics maxed out. My Internet service provider is Bright House Networks and I have Road Runner Lightning, 60 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up. I am not going to blame it on them because even if they were total crap I would not expect it to be that horrible to cause the kind of rubber-banding I am getting now. I can log off MWO, log into any other online game and have zero issues, stream music, download midget **** and watch the news without so much as a hiccup. Yes, I have tested the latency and it is in the low teens to twenties.

This problem did not exist until after the patch. I uninstall the client completely for each new patch update because it never fails and things go to crap on patch day so wipe and clean install every time.

#218 Diffusion9

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPE, Canada

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

A general drop of about 10-15 FPS, with large fluctuations not accounted for by number mechs on screen or heavy action. Rubber-banding. Delays in weapons firing as if it was serious lag.

Performance is "best" on Tourmaline, but is very poor on the other maps. Alpine is almost unplayable due to rubber banding. Performance in Frozen City, River City has been very poor. I have not yet played Caustic. I've had to quit out of frustration.

Generall all Medium at 1280x1024. Dropping them to all Low has not changed anything. Performance is still awful.

50-60 FPS in menus, 28-35 in-game. The thing is, even with a +30 framerate there seems to be very quick fluctuations in rendering -- so even though I'm above 30 FPS the game is still choppy as if it was sub-30. The framerate just jumps all over the place. Rubber-banding and my mech moving is random directions or swiveling the torso at random times.
  • System specs

Spoiler

East Coast of Canada. I get anywheres from 40ms-50ms in games. I'm on a busines-class connection. I work at a game test studio. It's not my connection, or my geographic location. It's the patch.
To me, it really sucks that my first post on this forum has to be about terrible performance brought on by a patch.

What's worse is that what seems to be a fairly wide-spread and game-breaking issue is relegated to a footnote in the Command Chair post. I can't even play this game right now why would I give you any money?

Edited by Diffusion9, 05 April 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#219 JollyRogerCRO

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

todays hotfix made game look horibly jagged and pixelised, text almost unreadable, but that would be fine if it increased performance to at least the level it used to be, but it didnt increase it AT ALL

#220 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Wow.
I am a tad upset. Seems it is broken even worse. 5 matches on the new patch and the same bugs as were delivered on the last patch.

Rubberbanding caused me, for the first time ever, to drop out of a match.
Framerate took a hit after the last patch... now almost unplayable(from 30-50 fps now 15-30).
Not sticking around to find out about the fractals but going to assume they are also still there.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users