363 replies to this topic

#241 Mr Andersson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Did anything change in the new patch?

Feels the same - it is playable, but not enjoyable.

#242 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Frame rates have dropped from about 16-18 FPS to 12-14 FPS on my laptop.

Nvida mobile 600 series,
Qaud cor i7
8GB ram

#243 Mumblypeg

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

The latest patch has me rubber banding all over and suffering weapon delays. Worst ever, right after I spent real money too. Honestly, if it weren't for the gaming company I'm in, I'd be outta here. Fix yer crap please.
I'm one unhappy Mumblypeg

#244 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ok here are videos for PGI to troubleshoot with. Frankly, I'm not even sure they are reading this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-TTZZf7y4

First game post-patch. I was expecting good things. The nosediving frame rate wasn't expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AJ1X9nNgs

Second game. I actually think I recall a Testing Grounds session where I hit low framerates, so it may not be network related. Hopefully the videos can help suss out common grounds where the FPS dip and identify the problem.

#245 Quirkyhndl

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

How had the patch generally affected your performance?
Constant teleporting, very long time from firing ballistics until shot is fired. All weapons not doing damage (packet loss?). All targeting, chat, voice notification late. Completely unplayable. I can capture some points, or play target dummy, but real combat is impossible.

Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Seems to be constant throughout match, every match. Has been slightly, very slightly, better since hotfix.

What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Same, medium 1280x1024 Full Window

Average FPS in game and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch
48 in game, 60 in menu, was 60 and 60 before I think.

System specs

Intel i7 2.93GHz,
EVGA 3-Way SLI LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Dual Nvidia GTX 460 graphics cards
8gb ram
win 7 64bit

Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
Advertised 35 Mbps, tested 10ms and 34Mbps online test. Houston tx.

Edited by Quirkyhndl, 05 April 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#246 Bolgani

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Today's patch (April 5) still leaves me with a frame rate that's about 10 fps on the practice maps - no doubt it would drop further "in battle" so the game remains unplayable. I'll try again in a week or so, maybe they'll fix it by then.

#247 Quirkyhndl

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Gotta love the great communication we are getting on a subject that is causing the game to be completely unplayable for so many people. One single sentence (edited at that), and not a single reply to this post.

I understand these things happen in beta, but as long as people are paying to play (yes I know you don't have to, not the point. They are still making tons of cash on) then anything that affects playability this much should be a major issue.

"****, we're in trouble......let's go hide in the closet"

#248 Darth Sunder

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

High Ping? Low Frames? Tell us about it here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • System specs
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

Unplayable. I don't crash, but frame rate has dropped to 4 fps at all times during a match. If I'm in the Training Grounds map, I get frame rates in the 20s. It's weird, other then the training maps, it doesn't matter what map in match I play, I always get 4 fps. Before the patch, I used to get frame rates in the 20s, dropping lower after about 10 matches. Now it's always 4 fps.

I always get low ping of under 100, usually 60 to 70. And before, I used to have low, under 10, fps at start of match in some maps but that would go back to over 20 fps when I start moving and get deeper into a map. NOW IT'S ALWAYS 4 FPS. What's with this huh?

Here is my DxDiag report if you need to see it:

Spoiler

I hope this gets fixed, it seems like some sorta serious coding bug. I know this game is in beta so I'm not gonna sweat it. These things happen. I just hope I can start playing this game again some time soon.

Cheers to an awesome game that has so far giving me a lot of fun.

Edited by Darth Sunder, 05 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#249 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Ping is averaging 20ms higher than before.

Framerates have dropped about 10-15fps.

Rubberbanding is very pronounced even on a stock Atlas.

There is a lot of lag experienced between mouse clicks and key presses (shots don't fire and vision modes don't change until up to a second after key press/trigger pull).

#250 OlF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Lots of little warping over the place. Rubberbanding?

#251 JollyRogerCRO

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

wanna know whats worst? i get about the same performance(9-15fps) on low, medium and high settings
with my gpu being the bottleneck i dont understand how is this possible?

#252 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Rubberbanding/lag this day, yesterday there was no lag problems. It's definitly the game, in other games i haven't any lag problems.

#253 Kal Litos

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEspaña

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

I also still have the low fps problem (10-12 fps), it makes the game very unpleasant. Last weekend i could play with my new comando without problems, now is imposible. I haven't change my video settings (all in low). System spec: chipset 4x Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz / RAM 4Gb / Graphic card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series with 2 Gb of memory. /RAm

#254 Morhadel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

I am Rubber-banding like hell. Ballistics are unusable and that is with a ping of 60s-70s and movement is an issue go to peak over a hill and then back down next thing i know i reappear on the other side half dead.
My FPS have also dropped by about 10
I have had less lag in the past when i forgot to close bittorrent.
Spoiler

Edited by Morhadel, 06 April 2013 - 05:51 AM.

#255 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Today is:
  • No Map
  • Rubberbands
  • Disco lights
Pick two.

Thankfully, Disco Lights can be gotten rid of via Alt-Tab, and Rubberbands seems to lessen as the game goes on.

#256 BlackIC

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

keep getting bounced out of the game to the main screen. This is very frustrating. It has happened a couple times when I was in a duel and we were the last 2 mechs alive giving the ther side a default win. never had this problem before this path.

#257 Kai OnoHonu

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado/Hawaii

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

1st patch - nothing but black screen, no games played

2nd patch - no more black screen, matches are pretty much unplayable b/c lag and spiked ping, experiencing hud/graphic bugs during about 1/4 of matches)

Menu fps 60ish Game FPS 65ish (with spikes down to 20-30 when "rubber banding")

Tab shows my ping in the 1300-1800 range... I'm normally around 600 (on satellite) and it's completely playable (mainly just lasers, hopefully some ballistics after the 19th). I'm not seeing a higher transfer time on any other online games or processes, just MWO. All drivers are up to date, game options set to low or toggled off when possible.

AMD R HD7570, i5 (3.10), 8GB (10mbps/3mbps satellite)

#258 Taron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Well, the performance of the game is excellent - i had to restrict framerates to 45 cause of stability, my unrestrictet framerate is up to 90 (I7 @ 3,4 GHz, GTX570). Conectivity.... well, i'm from Europe, so i never have a ping of less then 138, mostly it's between 140 - 160, what is OK for an oversees connection.

What is really bad now?
Since the last patch, the game sometimes crashes to desktop - a bug i had not the last 2 months.
Very often, die Minimap/Map does not work.
Often, i have no IFF.

#259 arkmind

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

FPS is perfectly fine and all the people on here crying about fps are playing on absolute crap gaming pcs or worse yet laptops that aren't built for gaming at all expecting the world. GT 630m? Radeon 6790 mobile? Radeon 6630m? LOL be real your using gpus that cost about 40 bucks for the desktop equivalent and then cry when your not getting good fps. This game is run on the Crysis 3 engine saying you get 90 fps in counterstrike which is a game thats over 7 years old is not exactly a good comparison.

I can go on ebay right now an buy a used 4 year old gpu for 50 dollars that is more powerful than what the majority of you people are using to play with.

The real problem I have noticed from this patch is the rubber banding. My ping is consistently between 20-30ms and I have 60/25mbps internet there is no way in hell I should be rubber banding. Up until this patch came out I never rubber banded at all an now I do every single game.

Edited by arkmind, 06 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#260 SteelLynx

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts
  • LocationRuhrgebiet, Germany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

View Postarkmind, on 06 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

FPS is perfectly fine and all the people on here crying about fps are playing on absolute crap gaming pcs or worse yet laptops that aren't built for gaming at all expecting the world. GT 630m? Radeon 6790 mobile? Radeon 6630m? LOL be real your using gpus that cost about 40 bucks for the desktop equivalent and then cry when your not getting good fps. This game is run on the Crysis 3 engine saying you get 90 fps in counterstrike which is a game thats over 7 years old is not exactly a good comparison.

I can go on ebay right now an buy a used 4 year old gpu for 50 dollars that is more powerful than what the majority of you people are using to play with.

The real problem I have noticed from this patch is the rubber banding. My ping is consistently between 20-30ms and I have 60/25mbps internet there is no way in hell I should be rubber banding. Up until this patch came out I never rubber banded at all an now I do every single game.

Well I know, my laptop is getting old already. It's a ASUS G73sw, i7-2630qm CPU with 8gb RAM and a 460M GeForce. This is lower end today, for a desktop PC. And I know that and the difference between lag and low fps.

Today, this game became unplayable for me. A few minutes into _each_ game, all mechs around me stand still or run on the spot without moving or shooting anymore. It is as if the game server doesn't send anymore data to me. But i can still run around and shoot lasers (obviously, without effect). I think other players will see me disconnect at that moment. This almost never happened before.

I do have each of the other bugs as well, they are all coming back. But the game still stays at least playable. Without any real chance to win, but shooting some lasers is better than nothing. Today, I'm really frustrated. I do hope there will be a fix soon enough...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users