Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#261 Skyfaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Good god this patch was instant- rubberbanding hell for me. Its atrocious.

View PostNiko Snow, on 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

How had the patch generally affected your performance?

Extreme bouts of rubberbanding, glitches in graphics (terrain/building tiles flicker solid color and then back to texture) and random bursts of lag (2 sec delay for any command to happen).

Also an increase in client crashing.

• Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
video/lag issues random in any map. Client crashes only at start of map..its not the launch+black screen but more of launch, power up sequence then->freeze/lockup.

• What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
as before patch, all on max except for the setting that removes the horrid out-of-focus distance effect.

• Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)

• System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
AMD Phenom II quad core 3ghz, 16gb ram. HD7770 Radeon. Win8Pro 64bit

• Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

USA east coast. 15mb cable.

Edited by Skyfaller, 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#262 everwake

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

since the april updates the game is quite simply unplayable, it´s not lag, it´s stutteringen, mech´s are teleporting around, sometimes my mech seems to replay commands issued seconds before, ended up TK:ing in a match today when my mech turned 45 degrees and fired...

nothing has changed in my setup since before april, and I never have any performance issues before, still running the latest drivers for my ATI 6970, frame rate is good and no excessive cpu-load or any other tell tale signs.

something changed in the april patches, and it only seems to have gotten worse since yesterdays patch.

I know it is a beta, but when you are charging people money, they should atleast be able to play, what happened to QA?

#263 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

View Postarkmind, on 06 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

FPS is perfectly fine and all the people on here crying about fps are playing on absolute crap gaming pcs or worse yet laptops that aren't built for gaming at all expecting the world. GT 630m? Radeon 6790 mobile? Radeon 6630m? LOL be real your using gpus that cost about 40 bucks for the desktop equivalent and then cry when your not getting good fps. This game is run on the Crysis 3 engine saying you get 90 fps in counterstrike which is a game thats over 7 years old is not exactly a good comparison.

I can go on ebay right now an buy a used 4 year old gpu for 50 dollars that is more powerful than what the majority of you people are using to play with.

The real problem I have noticed from this patch is the rubber banding. My ping is consistently between 20-30ms and I have 60/25mbps internet there is no way in hell I should be rubber banding. Up until this patch came out I never rubber banded at all an now I do every single game.

So, in your opinion, we all have to buy a 1000$ every year, isn't it?

I guess you aren't paying the bills.

Also, stating that a game made today cannot be run in a 7 years old PC is also ridiculous. I'm running crysis 2 in a secondary rig which is a 64 X2 6400 be AMD, it's the same engine, and the game works nice (no bells and whistles, but it works nice). People have problems with the game because the game is wrong. period.

Look for a real fact before calling the whole forum "Jerks" in your first message.

Edited by Caballo, 06 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#264 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

The rubberbanding / server side lag is a huge issue. I warp all over the place and have a 2+ second fire delay while playing on a 30ms ping. Computer is top of the line and never had these issues pre-patch.

#265 Kal Litos

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEspaña

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View Postarkmind, on 06 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

FPS is perfectly fine and all the people on here crying about fps are playing on absolute crap gaming pcs or worse yet laptops that aren't built for gaming at all expecting the world. GT 630m? Radeon 6790 mobile? Radeon 6630m? LOL be real your using gpus that cost about 40 bucks for the desktop equivalent and then cry when your not getting good fps. This game is run on the Crysis 3 engine saying you get 90 fps in counterstrike which is a game thats over 7 years old is not exactly a good comparison.

I can go on ebay right now an buy a used 4 year old gpu for 50 dollars that is more powerful than what the majority of you people are using to play with.

The real problem I have noticed from this patch is the rubber banding. My ping is consistently between 20-30ms and I have 60/25mbps internet there is no way in hell I should be rubber banding. Up until this patch came out I never rubber banded at all an now I do every single game.

Last week i could play this game on my laptop without problem, today i can't play. That's all i have to say, if i need to buy a new pc for running this game then i'm done with it, no problem. I'm not expecting playing the game with good video settings, but at least in low setting

#266 Taron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

As long as you have no solution for most of the BUGs, you should stop cost us premium time, cause we can't use it.

Buying premium time is the promisse, to let us have more C-Bills and XP, but now, as half matches are not regular, that's a clear betrayel.

#267 Ghostwolfe

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I've been lucky in that I got a brand new, just plain monster, of a gaming rig that runs everything smooth as silk. I have been playing MWO for a few months now and until this last patch everything was super and playing was a blast. After this last patch there are lag issues, skipping mechs, more bugs, and in general it is damn near not playable. I sure hope you folks get this fixed on your end since I know it's not on mine. If not you're beta is going to flame out.

#268 arkmind

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostCaballo, on 06 April 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

So, in your opinion, we all have to buy a 1000$ every year, isn't it?

I guess you aren't paying the bills.

Also, stating that a game made today cannot be run in a 7 years old PC is also ridiculous. I'm running crysis 2 in a secondary rig which is a 64 X2 6400 be AMD, it's the same engine, and the game works nice (no bells and whistles, but it works nice). People have problems with the game because the game is wrong. period.

Look for a real fact before calling the whole forum "Jerks" in your first message.

Who said anything about a $1000? An I never said a game made today can't be run on a 7 year old pc. Try reading my post. I said even a 4 year old used 50 dollar gpu is better then what most of these people use who are claiming performance issues. I am saying Don't expect to buy a 700 dollar laptop and expect it to run like a 700 dollar desktop. Do you need to spend a 1000 dollars every year? Hell no but even when most of these peoples pcs were brand new they were **** gaming pcs even then.

Oh and where did I say "jerks" anywhere in my post. Your the one who is clueless and doesn't no the facts. Your computer with the Athlon 64 x2 judging by the cpu in it is no more then 5 maybe 6 at the most years old. It also has atleast a mid to high end gpu at the time it was made or possibly even newer. Your not running a frigging crap mobile low end gpu in it so your point is completely mute an just goes to show how little you really know about pc hardware.

Edited by arkmind, 06 April 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#269 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

The game bacame unplayable for me.

Previously FPS was 25-30, now - 10. Moreover, I have the feeling that despite FPS drop, graphics gone worse.

My laptop:

CoreI5 3210m, 2,5GHz
Geforce 610m,
4 G Ram

Can You just roll back to the state before the patch?

Because clearly I don't see any purpose of lowering FPS in favor of nothing.

Anyway, THX for the path, now I have the time for something different from MWO:)

Edited by drunkblackstar, 06 April 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#270 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

P.S. The matter is not whether laptop users claims justified or not,

the problem is that 1 week ago it run OK on my laptop, and now is unplayabe. So its obvious that it is not a problem of hardware.

Its just a matter of wheteher PGI wants laptops users money or not.

As a person, who spent $200 on MWO already, I think that those who does not use a gaming PC make a big contribution to the game.

I was going to buy additional $100 MC the day the path appeared, but now I won’t of course.

Edited by drunkblackstar, 06 April 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#271 DyerwoIf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMemphis, TN area.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • I was getting around 22 FPs Avg. before patch, Now im hoveing around 4-12 fps At Best. the frame rate seems to "Burst" As in... 4-6 frames will go by quickly, then a stutter, and that repeats the entire time.
  • the "GUI" seems to get better FPS but "In Game" is Unplayable now.
  • Setting have been changed since patch, all at lowest, no AA, lowest res. tried in Full screen, and Full window, and windowed, same result all across.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)</p>

Prev. Patch GUI FPS-71, POST Patch GUI FPS-78
  • In Game Prev Patch FPS- 18-27 POST Patch In Game FPS 4-12
  • Athlon 2x BE-2300
  • 4GB Corsair DDR2-800
  • EVGA Geforce 520 OC (875/505 w/ IceQ Cooler)
  • Windows Vista Home Premium, all updates, Computer is used solely for MWO.

Edited by Dyerwolf02, 07 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#272 BlackIC

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

I pretty much want all my money back, The disconnects and drop to the main menu have made the game unplayable. Your deducting premium time from my purchased bank but not giving me a playable game. So what is the process for refunding my money?

#273 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

rubberbanding is still horrible, I've experienced unbelievable rubberbanding all weekend pings from 10-45ms.

#274 Scope666

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBranchburg, NJ

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 06 April 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

rubberbanding is still horrible, I've experienced unbelievable rubberbanding all weekend pings from 10-45ms.

Same here, I NEVER had it before this latest patch (unless I bumped into another mech) ... now it happens all the time, even if you're not near other mechs.

#275 JollyRogerCRO

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postarkmind, on 06 April 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Who said anything about a $1000? An I never said a game made today can't be run on a 7 year old pc. Try reading my post. I said even a 4 year old used 50 dollar gpu is better then what most of these people use who are claiming performance issues. I am saying Don't expect to buy a 700 dollar laptop and expect it to run like a 700 dollar desktop. Do you need to spend a 1000 dollars every year? Hell no but even when most of these peoples pcs were brand new they were **** gaming pcs even then.

Oh and where did I say "jerks" anywhere in my post. Your the one who is clueless and doesn't no the facts. Your computer with the Athlon 64 x2 judging by the cpu in it is no more then 5 maybe 6 at the most years old. It also has atleast a mid to high end gpu at the time it was made or possibly even newer. Your not running a frigging crap mobile low end gpu in it so your point is completely mute an just goes to show how little you really know about pc hardware.

as long as my desktop runs better looking games(not made on console engines like cry3, but on pc optimised cry2 for instance) on high without problems your point is mute, this game or its engine are so horrible that i get the same performance on low, medium and high settings

#276 Michel Hatchet

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

After the hot patch my FPS is improved, but is still 5 or so lower than before Tuesday's patch. It is worst on Forest Colony and least afected on the 2 big maps. See earlier post for system stats.

It is playable now, but some maps I might as well just quit. Please fix.

#277 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

GARGH! Rubberbanding is so terrible that I can warp from one side of the target to the other! Aiming is optional!

#278 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostMichel Hatchet, on 07 April 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

After the hot patch my FPS is improved, but is still 5 or so lower than before Tuesday's patch. It is worst on Forest Colony and least afected on the 2 big maps. See earlier post for system stats.

It is playable now, but some maps I might as well just quit. Please fix.

Second this. FPS is better, but still below pre Tuesday patch levels. I can have decent games on Forest Colony, Alpine, and Tourmaline, but is still basically unplayable on River City and Frozen City.

#279 Beezer

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

- How had the patch generally affected your performance?
At first I had erratic FPS, rubberbanding, HUD issues. Reinstalled and now seem to just have HUD, Rubberbanding and some "sticking" to terrain.

- Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Not really, I haven't noticed any consistency with match type, mech usage or vision mode.

- What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
I updated Nvidia Drivers before patching as was recommended. I was running game video settings on low/medium custom but have since turned all settings to low. Vsync on and I've tried changing resolutions with no change to errors.

- Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
On menu it tends to stay around 60fps. I hadn't checked fps in a while previous to this patch because the game had been running fairly well. Current fps tends to vary from 20-60+ at times with rare dips into the teens (usually when rotating upper torso to look to the far left or right).

- System specs
Spoiler

- Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
Verizon FIOS 15/5 Mbps , NY

Edited by Beezer, 07 April 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#280 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 611 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostSolCrusher, on 04 April 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Well the game is very unplayable for me. I'm rubber banding in heavy mechs so something is FUBAR!
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
The patch has crippled the performance on my system. I don't know what you did but it's crap. I'm so tempted to uninstall now, its just ludicrous that this would pass an internal review? Really, just crap guys.
No specific points I'm rubber banding in Heavy and Assault Mechs.
I didn't change them until today because I thought going from HIGH to MED with on setting to HIGH would help but it hasn't.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
Last patch was great video performance, I got 40 FPS and now I'm getting 30 with spots crawling to 20.
System Specs

[spoiler]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Precision M6600
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2920XM CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A12, 8/9/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name ******
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 32.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 29.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 32.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 28.6 GB
Page File Space 0 bytes

[ /spoiler]
Cable modem, 4Mb up / 1Mb down, South Eastern US.

Just following up. Well I had to set my video setting to low and now it's not doing bad at all. It's playable again.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users