Operation: Inception - Any point if u're not North American?

50 replies to this topic

#21 CompleteTanker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

"The closed beta and OPERATION INCEPTION assets will enjoy support only in North America."

That's got me wondering. What does it actually mean?

It can't mean that the closed beta is only for people physically in NA, because the "clarification" directly contradicted that notion.

It might mean that if a non NA resident has a problem with the game, they won't get "support" with fixing it, but that seems a bit odd.

Or does it mean that these announcements apply only to the NA server, not necessarily the physical area of NA? (meaning your beta tester status and/or Op Inception pre-purchase is/are not transferrable).

#22 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

what are you ppl talking about??

http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/

it clearly says that

"You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience"

#23 Infine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 May 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

what are you ppl talking about??

http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/

it clearly says that

"You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience"

Well, you see. The chances of getting the CB acces by virtue of a simple signup are... slim. Especially, I persume, for non-NA players. That is, there's a lot of competition.
For a guaranteed early acces you have to buy a pack. For money. I don't have a problem with buying a pack. In fact, I would very much want to buy a pack. If only to support the franchise. There is, however, a little complication. That is, we, the non-NA players, don't know what would happen to the things included in the pack in the future. Because we, the non-NA players, would very much like to play on somewhat alternatively situated servers with less latency. Therefore some questions arise:

1) Will there be alternatively situated RELEASE servers? If they will be - then where?
2) Will there be alternatively situated CB servers? If they will be - then where and when?
3) Are the packs server-specific? That is, if I choose a CB server A and Release server B (due to, i.e., there being no CB server B) and buy a pack for the CB server A, will I get all the bells and whistles when I somehow get to the Release Server B (and HOW I get to the Release Server B - via new character or via character transfer)?

Currently, for a non-NA player, buying the early acces pack is a sort of cat-in-a-sack offer.

Personally, I'm for an idea of a unified login (and, therefore, character) server and a distributed network of game servers. So I would have an ability to play with people from other countries or have a chance to play during quiet hours (though the latter may present a problem of eventually depopulating the less crowded servers).

Edited by Infine, 22 May 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#24 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostInfine, on 22 May 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Well, you see. The chances of getting the CB acces by virtue of a simple signup are... slim. Especially, I persume, for non-NA players. That is, there's a lot of competition.
For a guaranteed early acces you have to buy a pack. For money. I don't have a problem with buying a pack. In fact, I would very much want to buy a pack. If only to support the franchise. There is, however, a little complication. That is, we, the non-NA players, don't know what would happen to the things included in the pack in the future. Because we, the non-NA players, would very much like to play on somewhat alternatively situated servers with less latency. Therefore some questions arise:

1) Will there be alternatively situated RELEASE servers? If they will be - then where?
2) Will there be alternatively situated CB servers? If they will be - then where and when?
3) Are the packs server-specific? That is, if I choose a CB server A and Release server B (due to, i.e., there being no CB server :D and buy a pack for the CB server A, will I get all the bells and whistles when I somehow get to the Release Server B (and HOW I get to the Release Server B - via new character or via character transfer)?

Currently, for a non-NA player, buying the early acces pack is a sort of cat-in-a-sack offer.

Personally, I'm for an idea of a unified login (and, therefore, character) server and a distributed network of game servers. So I would have an ability to play with people from other countries or have a chance to play during quiet hours (though the latter may present a problem of eventually depopulating the less crowded servers).

yes it will be something to look into...i mean they are giving beta for NA atm but rest of the world can join in, so it makes me wonder as well if non NA players will get dedicated servers or not...

#25 Project Dark Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

One single-shard server (of sorts) that tracks everything would be pretty slick though. I have friends all over the world that would like to fight along side me, and I wouldn't mind hopping to some server in London to play a game with my Welsh friend, or another in Sydney to play with my Australian friend, if they all mean towards the same thing to everyone.

#26 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

I didn't expect account migration would even be necessary. I expected this to be independent from the region. Does this mean the meta-game universe is actually also regionally restricted?

#27 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostSpooky, on 29 May 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

I didn't expect account migration would even be necessary. I expected this to be independent from the region. Does this mean the meta-game universe is actually also regionally restricted?

From the info we got (to this point only, of course), yes.

#28 Telpher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationplace near baltic sea. u know its earth , eastern europe. not mars or siberia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

Account migration ..if will be possible....probably for cash i will be very very suprised if they give that option for free

For me if this is possible and could work..there shouldnt be region or something like this classification just one big World serwer...I know its crazy but why i think that..
I spend a lot of time in WoT and there was/is 3 region NA/EU/RU ... biggest problem was about patches/version of game..players agrresion to Mods ,Devs and anybody who had contact with game design about ..bonus packs ,promotions, cash for premium,bonuses .. example.. serwer x get bonus free machine serwer y and z get nothing.
..or on serwer z problems with something was corrected (all teoreticaly had the same version of game) others not and... this is why one serwer no problems about promotion cash for premium,bonuses... more contact with players. and nobody will be angry why this serwer get patch first and why we must wait 2 weeks to get the same patch..
but now we must wait and pray for our chance to get to CB...or go for next beer..

Edited by Telpher, 29 May 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#29 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostCW Grayson, on 29 May 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

From the info we got (to this point only, of course), yes.

That would suck though, and not make much sense. I mean in theory, the Americans play out the BT universe then differently than the Europeans, etc.

#30 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostSpooky, on 29 May 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

That would suck though, and not make much sense. I mean in theory, the Americans play out the BT universe then differently than the Europeans, etc.

Yes, thought the same. Let's just hope PGI does a good job at the netcode then playing on the NA-server shouldn't be a prob for EU-players.

#31 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'm still hoping for a dedicated EU server...

#32 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostCifu, on 31 May 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hoping the same...
But mostly, global accounts so I can play with my american and russian fellowmen :)

#33 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostCifu, on 31 May 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Game servers will be all over the world, no doubt about that. But we are now wondering, whether we European folk will play in a different state of the simulated BattleTech Meta-game Universe, than the players on the American or Russian Meta-game servers.

#34 Robovski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostZack Delphirian, on 31 May 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Hoping the same...
But mostly, global accounts so I can play with my american and russian fellowmen ;)

Same here. I expect I'm buying a pack this month regardless though - I play LOTRO and all the servers are in Boston and I get good pings from my BT Infinity fibre internet connection.

#35 Falcrist

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHagen /Germany

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

View PostRobovski, on 01 June 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Same here. I expect I'm buying a pack this month regardless though - I play LOTRO and all the servers are in Boston and I get good pings from my BT Infinity fibre internet connection.

Lotro and good pings ? You must be joking. 140 ms +- 30 is far away from being good. If mwo has similar pings at release i´m done with this game. I played AAO for a long period of time and there is no fun in getting beaten by player because they have the better ping.

Edited by Falcrist, 01 June 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#36 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

It must also be said that high ping in a standard MMORPG is far less disadvantageous than in a game where you actually have to aim.

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 01 June 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#37 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostFalcrist, on 01 June 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Lotro and good pings ? You must be joking. 140 ms +- 30 is far away from being good.

MWLL is perfectly playable with a ping of 150ms. Even at 200ms it's fine, with a few adjustments. MW:O is not a fast paced first person shooter where you need extremely fast reaction times and pixel accurate precision.

View PostFalcrist, on 01 June 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

If mwo has similar pings at release i´m done with this game.

This statement does not make much sense. Your ping will depend on the location of the server you are connected to, not on the game in general.

Edited by Spooky, 01 June 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#38 Shooty

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Was really geeking out reading the Operation: Inception page when i finally (bit slow) realised it was for the US only. As a non-US citizen, needless to say, my ;) followed..

I don't expect to change anything with this thread, but i am curious if there is any point in me buying a Founders Package now? If not will there be equivalent packages released for other regions?

Any info appreciated :)

#39 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Look here http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/ all is good. :)

#40 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

At the moment all of us Non-NA based players are waiting for more information on that topic. Be that when the Regional Servers launch, whether there will be server migrations ( and thus a possibility to start playing on the NA-Servers and migrate later on) or if there will be separate Founders Packages for the different regions.

That said, in an Info Mail from yesterday/today they stated:

The announcement of Operation Inception (and Operation Clarification) had players from all over the world clamouring for details, and those will be coming, we promise. Stay tuned!

To be seen here: http://static.mwomer...tm_medium=email

So there will propably be more Information on this topic this month, and surely before the 19th June. My guess is for the end of next week, when everything E3 related has finished.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users