Mech Pricing

27 replies to this topic

#1 WM Doddster Vajda

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I paid $120 for legendary founder status (which expired), another $60-80 for extra MC and now you want me to pay the equivalent of another $50 just to be able to play a new mech?! just one mech?!?!?!?! and with no way to convert C-bills to MC?!!

You are going to run this game into the ground before its gets a solid footing. You are being greedy. 6750 MC is too much, way too much.

Edited by Doddster, 02 April 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#2 Source Control

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTOP THE WHINING

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

I agree, mech pricing is WAY too high. I've paid for most of my mechs from MC (spent over 200 alone this month) and would love some kind of loyal customer discount or something. These mechs should be no more than 6 bucks a peice (or what ever the lowest buy-in is).

#3 Cold Macaroni

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostDoddster, on 02 April 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I paid $120 for legendary founder status (which expired), another $60-80 for extra MC and now you want me to pay the equivalent of another $50 just to be able to play a new mech?! just one mech?!?!?!?! and with no way to convert C-bills to MC?!!

You are going to run this game into the ground before its gets a solid footing. You are being greedy. 6750 MC is too much, way too much.

Holy cow man, where did you spend all that MC?

#4 BladeSplint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Don't buy it with real money then, wait for the real variants, its only two weeks.

On a related note, if you could rage in all caps next time that would be great, its easier to feast on your tears that way.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I paid $120 for legendary founder status (which expired), another $60-80 for extra MC and now you want me to pay the equivalent of another $50 just to be able to play a new mech?! just one mech?!?!?!?! and with no way to convert C-bills to MC?!! You are going to run this game into the ground before its gets a solid footing. You are being greedy. 6750 MC is too much, way too much.

Why do you feel like you NEED to buy that mech? There are 3 variants of C-Bill Highlanders coming and I bet at least one of them has much better hardpoints than this travesty.

Hero mechs are novelty--yes they are expensive. However, they are not necessary for you to master any given chassis.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 April 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#6 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

I suggest looking At WoT who had similar prices right out of the gate and even 30+ dollar tanks that sold like hot cakes. That game has also done nothing but grown it's playerbase in both the hardcore and casual areas. Also judging from teh number of hero mechs that you can see in the game currently, the pricing is not too high for its market value.

#7 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

$50 just to be able to play a new mech?! 6750 MC is too much, way too much.

Wow. I had no idea it was that much. Stupidly expensive. So don't buy it, easy solution.

If this mech proves to be better than any F2P mech, then that would be a double wammy!

#8 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

if at 0 MC its a 3$5 mech. $30 for 6500 mc and then $5 for 1250 to get the mech. Overall not "game breakingly expensive" as people have been making it out.

If you have 125mc or more still left over from other things, then this mech is only $30 for you since all you need to get is the 6500mc.

#9 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 02 April 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

is only $30 for you since all you need to get is the 6500mc.

$30?!? That is 1/2 the price for a fully completed bug free title! I understand $30 is just a round of beers with friends and can be disposable income, but it is value for money that irks me. I picked up Guild Wars 2 for $55 and to consider that this mech is valued at over 1/2 that game is delusional.

#10 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postpjnt, on 02 April 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

$30?!? That is 1/2 the price for a fully completed bug free title! I understand $30 is just a round of beers with friends and can be disposable income, but it is value for money that irks me. I picked up Guild Wars 2 for $55 and to consider that this mech is valued at over 1/2 that game is delusional.

I've gotten more gameplay out of my 'overpriced' mech than I did out of GW2. Value is pretty much solely dependent on the person and in turn the market. As longa s people are buying enough of them, it really doesn't matter if you find it too expensive.

#11 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostNoth, on 02 April 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I've gotten more gameplay out of my 'overpriced' mech than I did out of GW2. Value is pretty much solely dependent on the person and in turn the market. As longa s people are buying enough of them, it really doesn't matter if you find it too expensive.

Hey I can agree with this. It's all relative. GW2 was the example. Substitute FC3 or any other title to the argument. Point was that a single minor element to this title equated to 1/2 a complete product to market value.

That does mean nothing within the MWO micro verse, agreed.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Screw it. I'm gonna waste some of the money saved for HM, to buy the Mechromancer pack for Borderlands 2 at full price. Gonna have some fun while PGI fix some of the glaring the bugs.

Edited by El Bandito, 03 April 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#13 jeffsw6

• 1,258 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY (suburbs)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostBladeSplint, on 02 April 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

On a related note, if you could rage in all caps next time that would be great, its easier to feast on your tears that way.

View PostSource Control, on 02 April 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

I agree, mech pricing is WAY too high. I've paid for most of my mechs from MC (spent over 200 alone this month) and would love some kind of loyal customer discount or something. These mechs should be no more than 6 bucks a peice (or what ever the lowest buy-in is).

JUDGING BY THE AT LEAST ONE, AND TYPICALLY TWO OR MORE, HEAVY METAL MECHS I HAVE SEEN IN EVERY SINGLE MATCH I HAVE PLAYED TODAY, I BELIEVE THE MECH PRICING IS WORKING OUT WELL.

A LOYALTY PROGRAM WOULD BE WONDERFUL. I HAVE PAID FOR 14 MECHS WITH MC, INCLUDING SEVERAL HEROES. I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY MORE AND AM GLAD I HAVE THIS OPTION AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO GRINDING OUT CB.

View PostBladeSplint, on 02 April 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

You're welcome!

Edited by jeffsw6, 03 April 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#14 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

I seriously need to make a quote or meme out of this.

Those screaming for a price reduction are unlikely to spend money after the price is reduced.

Those spending money at the current price are likely to continue doing so.

Thus endeth the lesson in business.

#15 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostCold Macaroni, on 02 April 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Holy cow man, where did you spend all that MC?

Converting MXP to GXP, mech slots, mechs.

#16 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

So... wait for the CB version? I mean, there is nothing wrong with thinking it is too expensive, and not buying it... but obviously people are buying them.

So, if you don't think it's worth it, buy the CB version... and everyone is happy.

#17 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

If it costs more than you're willing to spend at full price, just wait until it goes on sale. If it's still not worth your hard earned, then simply don't buy it.

Edited by The Cheese, 03 April 2013 - 03:13 AM.

#18 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

View Postpjnt, on 02 April 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Wow. I had no idea it was that much. Stupidly expensive. So don't buy it, easy solution.

If this mech proves to be better than any F2P mech, then that would be a double wammy!

doubt about this... didnt even play the game since patch but just by looking at hardpoint config i can tell that this mech will not be anything gamebreaking... like come on blow up left torso and mech will remain only with one AC + standard config goes with XL and mech isnt any fast so shouldnt be a problem

#19 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

View Postpjnt, on 02 April 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Its not that much, its like 28$...

Each new post I see on this claims a little higher.

#20 Rowin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Think of the age group this game is geared towards, Older 25+ gamer's that work and have jobs and would spend money on things they like to do. I also have been thinking about the next mechwarrior game since MW4 and would of been willing to donate towards building MWO, and now I can. This game is not pay to win but pay for cool extra stuff while supporting a game you have wanted to play for 10 years.

Edited by Rowin, 03 April 2013 - 04:19 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users