#43 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the update.
I had the no EoR screen and stuck-in-match problems a few times yesterday.

#44 DGuedes

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

and how about the poor FPS?

#45 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 03 April 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Let him worry about coding, no need to get more of a response at this point.

Garth doesn't write code. However more information would be a nice to have as opposed to a need to have. Problem there is, PGI is damned if they do (People will complain) and damned if they don't (People will complain). :)

#46 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostKitK, on 03 April 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

...If you've kept up on you dev posts (Garth's from earlier today iirc) you should know that it worked internally, but it broke externally. i.e. if they could have found it internally they would have fixed it first...

Insufficient UAT. I am unsure if they pilot updates outside of their infrastructure. They would have no end of volunteers to do UAT. The problem would be the complication of managing UAT with part of the user community and the risks around inappropriate disclosure (Screens, videos, content) of unreleased features.

#47 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Not to be a ****, but what about the increased FPS, rubberbanding, and weapon fire lag?

#48 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 03 April 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Not to be a ****, but what about the increased FPS, rubberbanding, and weapon fire lag?

If those are widespread problems, I'm sure they will get on to it next. Only so much time in the day and the forum is full of "Black screen" posts. I haven't seen anywhere near as many FPS/rubberbanding/lag posts. Actaully, after the black screen and rainbow screen (Which disappointingly I haven't got to witness myself) the HUD/map bugs seem to be generating the most noise.

#49 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostDGuedes, on 03 April 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

and how about the poor FPS?

Yeah I am so sad last patch was the best ever my frames was solid, game bugged with maps often but I can deal with that, can't deal with 5-10 frames in the current patch T_T I tried and I am just getting angry. Kinda glad I can't buy the heavy metal cus then I'd be really pissed.

#50 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

FPS loss Rubberbanding and fire delay are all still happening. bad netcode is bad

#51 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the news; am excited for the new fixes (because they are important.)

#52 Forestal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

So this is how Stockholm Syndrome develops-- bugs, complaints, hotfixes, THANKS... bugs, complaints, hotfixes, THANKS...

#53 Colonel Rusty Iron

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Rostov-on-Don

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I did not saw more disappointing patch then this. It is almost impossible to make a good hit with ballistic weapons now.
Crashes, bugs, FPS drop downs, black screens... too much for me to play.
Also I wonder where developers saw such short ranged thermal optics?
I have one non-military piece for tracking animals during the hunt, and I have no problem seeing a deer at 1000+ meters.

Time passes, overall MWO behavior is not getting better.

#54 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostForestal, on 03 April 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

So this is how Stockholm Syndrome develops-- bugs, complaints, hotfixes, THANKS... bugs, complaints, hotfixes, THANKS...

No. This is how life works. You would prefer:

Bugs, complains, hotfixes, complaints

...? Discussions can be had on the number of issues with the patch, but these discussions are speculative in the absence of facts.

#55 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the Hotfix :)

#56 Y2kHippy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

There is actually a list of issues not mentioned in the server side correction. And for people complaining about some FPS drops making the game "unplayable" try experiencing the black screen for an entire match with your friends telling you what's going on and hoping that you will get into the match soon because they are outnumbered and in trouble. Last night the hundred plus people in the gamming community I am with were experiencing this in a quarter or all matches and a black screen for up to half the match in a half of all games. The sister community with over 300 members were reporting about the same. These all play MWO and this gives you a understanding on just HOW BIG an issue it was for non continental US players. As for this short comment a day after that they are on the problem well you are far too late. The issue was immediately apparent after patch and the company should have released a statement far sooner with regular updates in the issue. A suspension of all ELO registering, all game statistics put on hold and maybe even a boost of post match C-Bills as compensation. I'm not after free stuff here, but this event was handled very poorly by this company. I would recommend that after the hot fix is corrected that there is a meeting to draw up a policy on how to handing things like this in the future. You have a large player base that will just grow so you now need to start treating them with respect and keep them informed during a crisis.

#57 Ashrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Game works much better now - huzzah!

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Now getting an occasional crash during the Mech startup sequence.

Edited by Ashrok, 03 April 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#58 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostY2kHippy, on 03 April 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

There is actually a list of issues not mentioned in the server side correction. And for people complaining about some FPS drops making the game &quot;unplayable&quot; try experiencing the black screen for an entire match with your friends telling you what's going on and hoping that you will get into the match soon because they are outnumbered and in trouble. Last night the hundred plus people in the gamming community I am with were experiencing this in a quarter or all matches and a black screen for up to half the match in a half of all games. The sister community with over 300 members were reporting about the same. These all play MWO and this gives you a understanding on just HOW BIG an issue it was for non continental US players. As for this short comment a day after that they are on the problem well you are far too late. The issue was immediately apparent after patch and the company should have released a statement far sooner with regular updates in the issue. A suspension of all ELO registering, all game statistics put on hold and maybe even a boost of post match C-Bills as compensation. I'm not after free stuff here, but this event was handled very poorly by this company. I would recommend that after the hot fix is corrected that there is a meeting to draw up a policy on how to handing things like this in the future. You have a large player base that will just grow so you now need to start treating them with respect and keep them informed during a crisis.

You're mad about a fix 24 hours after the initial patch? Really?

Rushing a patch only makes things worse, and over commenting on problems isn't really helpful if they don't know what's happening. Garth's response was fine, which is "fix is coming, here's what's changing".

#59 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostDr Killinger, on 03 April 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Will this fix the black screen many of us are getting? Not exactly clear on what this patch is going to do.

Judging by the fact they are patching the servers, it sounds like the issue is actually a server side issue - not a patch issue (in the context of what you install on your computer). So basically PGI are hotfixing themselves :)

#60 Heer

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

What Y2kHippy is saying in a roundabout manner is;

Could PGI please shorten the communication time frame for advising on ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF BUGS

I play with the Hippy regularly and what was discussed was we didn't know how long the bug would take to be acknowledged and/or patched. My guess would have been for another 24hrs BTW, so the fix that has been done is GREAT.

The reason is that we all went; "Well see you on the weekend when the game should be playable."

If we'd had some shorter communication loop we would be back in game sooner. Right now we would normally have 10+ players on our Teamspeak server. We have 2.

The stuff about stats on hold, etc is Hippy's experience from other MMO's where similar MAJOR BUGS had been encountered.

Again, PGI thank you for the quick fix.

P.S. For all those out there complaining about the quality of testing;
1) We are the testers
2) The blackscreen bug is a latency bug. That is almost impossible to test for. As a senior network programmer, I know how hard (& expensive) it is to set up a latency test rig that "might" work for testing.

Edited by Heer, 03 April 2013 - 04:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users