136 replies to this topic

#61 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Bla Bla Bla BLABLA BLA

In open betas you can expect bugs. if you dont like come back in a week.

#62 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostKuritaGuard, on 08 April 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Bla Bla Bla BLABLA BLA

In open betas you can expect bugs. if you dont like come back in a week.

haven't been able to play in over a month now actually.

#63 Target Rich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Children...children CALM DOWN...its just a game...and an exceptionally buggy beta of a game. Frankly....the game is virtually unplayable for me....the frame rate on my regular computer is so low even with the highest driver that I cannot play anything but LRM missiles...and we all know how totally pathetic that basic battletech option is in this beta right now...

Then you add the fact that 1 out of 2 games I have no radar screen at all....and the fact that even when it does work it doesn't detect non ecm covered enemy mechs with any degree of reliability....

And you add the fact that most of the basic battletech parameters are WAY out of wack in this game...

You have a basic buggy beta of a los first person shooter (sniper and dance of death mode) with mech skins on the units rather than humans with uniforms...

Thus...PGI has a great deal of work to do...to even get this beta to work on even high end machines reliabily...much less to model even some of the combined weapons team strategy that is the foundation of battletech..

I wish them well...cause this ain't my first rodeo...I betaed MW3, MW4, MC2 and MC2 in the old days...and many of the same problems here stem from trying to do a game in a pc environment that sports a huge diversity of graphic cards...etc..

That's why Microsoft ported the whole thing over to the XBOX in the first place...cause you are looking at one single graphic engine with built in team chat....Makes it simple to write the code...and then focus upon gameplay issues..

Ah well...like I said I wish em luck...but right now the game is basically unplayable for me since the Heavy Metal patch...

I look forward to seeing a basic fix during the next month...

#64 RabbidFerret

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

The amount of bugs has definitely been increasing and it is making running clean 8man drops... annoying, but its hardly the end of MWO.

#65 K a 0 t i K

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postjetjaguar2000, on 08 April 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

The "disco ball" bug is the only really serious one, and it obviously does have to do with your video card drivers. If you keep saying "don't say it's drivers, it's not the drivers!!@!!" and you haven't actually updated your drivers because you think you know better, you're wrong. Update your drivers according to the information in the patch notes.

How about if I say that the 314.22 drivers are not supported on dual GTX260M or GTX280M carded Alienware laptops? I would love to see if using the recommended driver worked, but I can't really do that. My laptop is the early model(5yrs old) of the m17x series, and I had NO problems(fps ~50 on medium) aside from the random hud bugs and rare CTDs until last patch. I now get the kaleidoscope bug within 1-2 drops every time I attempt to play, and after using Alt+Tab repeatedly to try and work around it I end up hard locking my PC. Considering the bug is persisting with people that HAVE updated drivers, and are using the newer cards, I am going to just hope this turns out to be an issue on their end and not mine. After trying every trick I could think of or find on these forums I gave up and went on to other games until my log in screen says "Patch" and not "Launch".

#66 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs. They are inconvient more than anything. 4FPS and black screen bugs from back in the day were far worse than not being able to see your minimap.

The rainbow mini-map bug does bring FPS down to an unplayable or nearly unplayable level....

#67 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostRenthrak, on 07 April 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Holy CRAP people are spoiled.

"There's a bug with this unfinished game and it's not fixed over-night. LAAAAME!" . . . . . really? Come on. Can someone please explain to these . . . people . . . that the ENTIRE REASON that we are PLAYING MWO is to FIND these bugs, so that they can be FIXED? That's what 'beta' means.

Bugs are going to happen, stop acting surprised. Take note of the bugs, report them, and carry on. If your game is unplayable, wait for the next patch. It's not rocket science. Feel free to complain when a bug hasn't been fixed for a couple months, if you feel it needs to be a higher priority. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time and ours.

Aware that it's beta....I send an email to support nearly every time I get a bug...there is absolutely nothing wrong with also discussing it on the forums. The devs read the forums, we know that. I assume when I send an email about a bug to support it's going to right people. I assume it. I can't follow it. I can follow a thread. I will continue to offer criticism in a thread to help mine or OP's point to get across. You don't like my point, then, "then take a break, go play another game and come back".

Edited by Coolant, 08 April 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#68 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Post80Bit, on 08 April 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

Judging from these replies quite a few people are either not reading my post or not comprehending it.

I am not talking about minor annoyances, I am talking about serious issues preventing normal game play in around 50% of matches.
I am not QQing or raging at PGI. I am not predicting doom or making demands
I am not talking about my bad luck as a 1%er who has issues.

I am talking about issues affecting a significant number of players.
I am pointing out that since I started playing in closed beta, this is the first time that I can't functionally play the game at all.
I am saying that I miss playing because I enjoy the game, and hope the issues are resolved in short order.

That is all.

Ah, you're one of the good guys 80-Bit.

But yeah, in your situation I'd just take a couple weeks off and see if they fixed MWO for me after that.

Worst comes to worst, I'll reclaim a huge chunk of time if I find that I've gotten over MWO. ;)

#69 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 07 April 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'd like to see some sort of source where they've "explicitly stated" open beta is being considered as launch. From all the GDC interviews, and any interview, and any kind of hint found in any other post hinting at a launch - it's this summer with the arrival of Community Warfare. They've went to open beta and decided that any progress made is progress made. They're not resetting any information - not because it's a launch - but because they want you to be rewarded for testing, not being faced with the "f--k this is a waste of time. everything I do is just getting reset again" feeling. It's to keep you here, playing the game, so that they can get data, numbers, etc etc etc. But wait! Achievements? Oh yeah, with the arrival of achievements they're going to be resetting some of your stats, proof that the game isn't actually FINAL and we are subject to those kinds of changes.

I've never said to an artist that his work-in-progress is actually done and he/she should stop lieing and just put a frame around it. If the guy says it's not done, it's not done. If PGI says it's beta, we should heed it as a beta until they deem it otherwise.

You are right. They are not resetting some things.
Those things that would reset the MONEY you spent.
They will still at some point do a stat wipe. But that is all.
They whole reason we did not get a roll back after the patch that borked everything was because it came with a new mech to buy. Can not have that stuff being rolled back. So we deal with the breakage.
This does not make it beta. It just makes it bad.

#70 Xizore

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

What made me sad was the random crashes to desktop. I've been playing since closed beta and it hasn't been this bad in a long time.

#71 Boarneges

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I feel left out. Haven't experienced any sort of bug in ages. =(

#72 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

So many people telling me in TS, and other places that they are done even "CONSIDERING" an MC purchase for a while, and when I asked them just how long that would be, they all said (almost) the same thing, "When is MWO going to be finished?"

Friends who used to play at least a few matches every night started playing a couple of matches a week "BEFORE" this recent slide into rubberband city, and lag valley.. Now, they say "I thought this whole lag/netcode thing was fixed? Nevermind, I might be back if they fix this, let me know if they get their act together".

I really am a little surprised about all this right..?? Actually i'm not after a few matches the other night having lag/rubberbanding issues, and game bugs crawling all over my Mech...

I thought MWO was going to have 50 new programmers hired, I thought the DEVs were getting some help..??

I understand about problems with game deveoplment, I understand the DEVs are doing what they can, "BUT" they have to realize the MWO community is growing more, and more impatient with every perceived setback/delay, they have to understand the reality of the situation to improve on the player base perception of development, and I believe they do to an extent, but the window of opportunity for MWO is still closing, and has been doing so for a while now... NOV 2013 is too far away to wait for many people that I talk to, see posting in the forums, and ingame... That's just the reality, like it or not..

Edited by Odins Fist, 08 April 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#73 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs. They are inconvient more than anything. 4FPS and black screen bugs from back in the day were far worse than not being able to see your minimap.

Say what?

The disco tripping balls bug is a MAJOR bug. You can NOT PLAY at all when it shows up. POOF, you can't see anything but wild shades of brilliant colors spining all over the screen.

You're forced to either quit the game or alt tab repeatedly until it goes away.

The thing is... the bug ALWAYS occurs when you are face to face with the enemy--no other time (which might be a clue as to what is causing it) so the odds are that you will get hurt or blown up when it happens.

#74 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hmm alot these bugs are known about but even though some people disagree with me about this next statement, THIS IS BETA, now we still report bugs to support@mwomercs.com and this is what beta is, now how does this mean that MWO is melting down?

#75 Cel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 07 April 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

The people that "defend" MWO are not blind to the problems. We just see the good in the game above the issues. The game is MUCH more stable than it was, even with the current crop of problems. Yes, the problems are annoying, but they will be fixed. And then we will get new problems. And, not everyone has the same problems. Other than my mech getting stuck in a drop (2 times) and a few no map games, my game is more stable, less buggy, better FPS and all around BETTER than it was 2 months ago.

I know there are more people having problems than there are people with a stable game now, but (at the risk of sounding like a jerk), deal with it. It will get addressed. If it is not addressed to your satisfaction then find another game to play. It is not rocket science, if you are that unhappy with a game play something else.

You can't see the good in the game when the entire screen is filled with ****. That's not even including the fact that everyone is sniping because missiles are temporarily nerfed so everyone has little to no variety in their weapons at all.

#76 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostChevrolet103, on 08 April 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Hmm alot these bugs are known about but even though some people disagree with me about this next statement, THIS IS BETA, now we still report bugs to support@mwomercs.com and this is what beta is, now how does this mean that MWO is melting down?

Perception, if a product is perceived to be unattractive to a consumer, then that consumer will pass, and continue on to find something that they "perceive" as attractive to them personally..

You do know that online gamers have an attention span that usually dictates this.

QUESTION: How long have online gamers been playing similar titles, and for how long, and also how long have have the most successful titles been able to manage to maintain that player retention, and how long do you think MWO will maintain acceptable levels of player numbers (once it has been released, if CW isn't borked)..??

(side note, you CANNOT lump MWO in with those titles, because MWO has not been released, and does not qualify to be in the same catagory, in your own words "It's Beta")

Edited by Odins Fist, 08 April 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#77 JimSuperBleeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostSifright, on 08 April 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

haven't been able to play in over a month now actually.

Getting to that point too. These CryEngine Errors are making me sad.

#78 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 April 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Say what?

The disco tripping balls bug is a MAJOR bug. You can NOT PLAY at all when it shows up. POOF, you can't see anything but wild shades of brilliant colors spining all over the screen.

You're forced to either quit the game or alt tab repeatedly until it goes away.

The thing is... the bug ALWAYS occurs when you are face to face with the enemy--no other time (which might be a clue as to what is causing it) so the odds are that you will get hurt or blown up when it happens.

I've noticed the face to face thing myself. And I'm pretty sure it is something to do with being hit with Missiles, or possibly PPC explosions or something.

And I agree, it pretty much has made the game unplayable. Especially with being in mid combat, since by the time you get back you're probably almost dead (Or sometimes, out of bounds so far you can't get back, depending on the map and location).

Happens on any map. Etc.

#79 CarpetShark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostBoarneges, on 08 April 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I feel left out. Haven't experienced any sort of bug in ages. =(

You have, actually.

You've experienced them when your teammates have bugged HUDs. You've been shot by a teammate who can't tell friend from foe and is just doing the best he can. You've had teammates leave your team at a disadvantage when they crashed to their desktops. You've been unable to hit enemies because they were rubberbanding all over the map.

No mech is an island.

#80 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

I've had one bugged game in the last 3 weeks - and it was only the non-rotating minimap.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users