342 replies to this topic

#21 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the clarification, I really look forward to the forthcoming CW updates. It's the meat and potatoes we've all been waiting for.

#22 fac3l3ss

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 08 April 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

I don't mean to be picky or something, but how come you can post something on Twitter, but can't log in to your MWO page account and post something here too?

From what I heard the man was on vacation, dude. It's much less obtrusive to quality time with family, etc. to tap out 140 characters on Twitter from a mobile device or a netbook or something, than to log onto the forums and post this long diatribe with all the explaining that was asked for. He was working with what he had given that he was away from the office.

#23 Geekz

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

very nice looking forward to it~!

now RELEASE the WHINERS! hahahaha

#24 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

think of free private matches as an investment.

the pot to grow your competitive community in

#25 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

I have been disappointed by PGI/IGP many times and absolutely despise some of the design choices being made. Currently am actually put off playing the game at all. I wish I could get my founders cash back. Losing my account or having it reset would be perfectly acceptable.

All that said there is no justification for threatening violence of any kind. It's a game. If anyone has lost anything life effecting over it they have far greater issues to deal with than their dissatisfaction with MWO. For all my issues with how things are going I am really sorry you all have to deal with that sort of thing and hope it doesn't trouble you all too much.

#26 modred189

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Could someone post to the original article? I missed it, so this is all kind of out of context.

#27 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Thanks, Bryan. I'm sorry you guys have had to deal with threats of violence over this. That's shameful. MechWarriors should show more respect and honor.

#28 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Wow, people sending threats of violence over things they imagine a developer of a videogame said about the videogame he's developing? Well, I guess you'll see all sorts of maniacs in this world.... As someone who has just today had the threat of violence go as close to all out physical as it can get without further escalation than a shove and a bruise, I sympathise completely. Violence is the mark of the dumb.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 08 April 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

I don't mean to be picky or something, but how come you can post something on Twitter, but can't log in to your MWO page account and post something here too?

He has a smart phone, not an ipad? Really hard to type a forum post on your phone. Ever tried that? Trust me you don't want to.

-----------------

That said I do appreciate the response and clarification, Bryan. Now looking forward to Ask the Devs 35, and any word on dropship mode. Can't wait to bring 4 mechs into a fight.

#30 DD Hawks

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 April 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

1. Some aspects of CW will reward players with MC, we are considering a Premium Account requirement to participate in these rewards. This will not prevent non-paying customers to participate in all aspects of CW with their friends and teammates.

2. At this time no final decisions have been made.

3. There are probably hundreds of other questions to be answered, however this was by far the most pressing. We are going to be rolling out a series of Command Chair posts over the next few weeks and months detailing all the aspects of CW. Since it's such a large feature, it will take time to reveal all the details.

1. Could you make the rewards pay CBills to non-premium players and MC to premium players? That way both will want to do their best.

2. Understood.

3. Thank you for giving us a heads up. I will look forward to seeing information on CW. Until parts of Community Warfare are put into the game, too many of our Merc corp are just doing other things.

Edited by DD Hawks, 08 April 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#31 iJaacK

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Great news, thanks for the more indepth response ;)

#32 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

I understand that this is a business.

but there has got to be a way to make free private matches economical for PGI. besides the inevitable long term increase in number of players and community support.

i don't know how other f2p games do it. but i've never seen a successful F2P game without private matches.

Edited by Tie Ma, 08 April 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#33 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

View Postmodred189, on 08 April 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Could someone post to the original article? I missed it, so this is all kind of out of context.

http://mwomercs.com/...lock-interview/ It's listed here. Wouldn't bother reading all the posts. My own response is in my signature. (Or here) Bryan's official response in the thread we're in now pretty much went along with my response, so, yay!

Edited by Koniving, 08 April 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#34 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Thanks for keeping us informed. ;)

#35 modred189

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostKoniving, on 08 April 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...lock-interview/ It's listed here. Wouldn't bother reading all the posts. My own response is in the signature. Bryan's official response in the thread we're in now pretty much went along with my response, so, yay!

Thanks!

#36 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

thx for the hds up...

#37 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

I'm surprised people remembered this. Thanks for the clarification and I can't wait to see those Command Chair posts.

#38 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Thanks Bryan, this is the kind of feedback and transparency we have been looking for. I hope this is the start of something we can count on from you and your staff from now on. And I am truly dishearten to hear of suck attacks against you and your staff it has no place here or anywhere else.

Thanks again for everything.

Edited by CutterWolf, 08 April 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#39 Testosticore Fantastiballs

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Instead of a blanket statement that private matches will be premium required, could we get a freeplay mode with no rewards that doesn't require premium? These could be hosted by the players themselves and be completely unranked. Fair, right?

#40 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Based on many of the posts on these forums, I am not surprised that you received personal threats. If anything, I would be surprised if those were the first.

I look forward to the CW announcements. While I have some reservations about the way things seem to be heading, I am hopeful that it will all work out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users