234 replies to this topic

#21 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Normally II would not question a dev/cr...however I find it interesting someone named Koniving had several questions answered...and the one question I asked which was not covered prior, was unique and was not covered by ask35 answers was omitted.

WTF!!!!!

http://mwomercs.com/...5/page__st__100

Edited by Pando, 08 April 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#22 Cpt Leprechaun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

KinLuu: What is the rationale for hiding the players elo?
A: It’s not a statistic that players need access to.

ummmm its not a question of needing it, none of us need to even play the game, its a question of wanting to see how good we are doing. my god.

Edited by Cpt Leprechaun, 08 April 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#23 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Alas, Machine Guns are "working as intended." Still, it looks like we could expect a six MG Spider in the future! Oh boy.

#24 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Given that Hero Mech repainting is coming... will we automatically get all the colors of the Hero/Founders mechs we own so we can switch them back? I noticed I cannot even buy my Founders pinstripe yellow if I paint over it.

#25 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

The attitude towards Machine Guns is just ridiculous.

#26 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 08 April 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

are you FREAKING kidding me?!
1) its not even good at getitng crits anymore, an actual weapon will a taek out the components faster
2) uh, yeah, thats kidna the point of the Machine Gun? Why is the ammo count so high anyway, just buff damage but greatly reduce the ammo I dont get how thats hard
3) The spider cant mount 6 MGs. And if you suck enough to let anything with 6 of anything get behind you, you DESERVE TO DIE
4) Why not?! Check the poll in my sig. Check your telemetry data. Who in their right mind likes machine guns the way that are now? Ballistic heavy mechs only mount them because they can. In the case of the cicada and spider, MGs are the only ballistic they can fit in their stupid hardpoints!

MGs, the weapon everyone learns to ignore, including PGI.

Heck, if I was using the Spider-5K with 4 MGs, I'd ignore the other guy using the Spider-5K with 4 MGs. That's how useless they are.

They are simply "no threat whatsoever", even with the crit buff.

#27 EitherWay

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMech Bay 12345543211525354554535251

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

CSLaoch: With the addition of the highlander, is there a chance that "death from above" may become possible, ex: crushing light mechs, or at least causing structural damage?
A: Yes when we re-introduce collisions after launch.

After launch? This is not what I wanted to hear.

#28 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Glowhollow: Will the Statistics in the Future include something like: Sum of Headshots, How Many DMG tanked, How long stayed alive or Wich zones are hitted on enemy mechs (for example, CT hitted nearly 90%, RT only 5 %)?
A: Over time we plan to add more stats, compile and display them in different ways, and make the public.

Please ensure personal stats are only made public at the discretion of the player.

#29 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

After launch for collisons? How does anyone expect things to get done in a timely manner at this point?

The timelines for things are amazing. Guess we'll be waiting a year for the LRM/SRM hotfix to be dealt with.

#30 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 08 April 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

MGs, the weapon everyone learns to ignore, including PGI.

Heck, if I was using the Spider-5K with 4 MGs, I'd ignore the other guy using the Spider-5K with 4 MGs. That's how useless they are.

They are simply "no threat whatsoever", even with the crit buff.

You know why Machine Guns are not dangerous? Because ammo has freaking 10 HP! And it's only a 10% chance to cause an explosion when they do take 10 HP.

oldhasu: When ammo is destroyed by a critical hit, sometimes it explodes. Sometimes not. How does this calculated? What is the percentage of the probability?
A: There are two different times that ammo can explode. If an ammo bin is destroyed by a critical hit (each bin currently has 10 health), there is a 10% chance that the ammo remaining in that bin will explode. When a location, such as the right torso, is destroyed, each ammo bin in that location that had not already been destroyed by crit hits has an individual 10% chance to explode. There are two exceptions to this. The first is that, if you have ammo stored in your arm, and your arm falls off when your side torso is destroyed, there is no chance of the ammo exploding. The other is that Gauss Rifle ammo never explodes. However, all the explosion rules also apply to Gauss Rifles, except that they have a 90% chance of exploding.

#31 Geistmd

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

As u can see its my first post in this forum.

I watched all the answers / developtment regarding MGs the last couple of month. As a pilot that prefers light and medium mechs i cant agree that they work fine, even after critbuff. Its like shooting peas and i shot millions of them meanwhile.

I hope u overthink the dps on that gun its no fun at all. Give it some higher fire rate or some more dmg per shot, make it a bit more like a half small laser.

Sorry i dont speak the best english, but i think i made myself clear.

PS: I only have a 4 MG Spider where do u hide the 6 MG Spider?

Edited by Geistmd, 08 April 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#32 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

CCQ 3: Why is Machine Gun damage so low?
A: Partly due to the nature of how MGs work in the TT rules, partially due to how we chose to make it useful. When equipping a MG, keep in mind that it is not meant to burn through armor but is very useful for tearing up internals (crits). Bumping MG damage will turn it into a laser that can be kept on with no heat penalty until it runs out of ammo. Now imagine the devastating effect that a 6 MG spider could do to the back of an Atlas! We are still investigating balance of the MG but don’t expect any significant increase in damage.

This is absolutely ridiculous. In fact, it's unacceptable and flies in the face of reality.

Look at this, it's my MG stats from taking a SDR-5K from purchase to full Basic (a ridiculously painful grind compared to the 5D or 5V):

Posted Image

581 damage in 31 matches is 18.74 damage per match.
And that's from four MGs. Per MG that's 4.68 damage per match - slightly less than a single hit from a Medium Laser!

Going by those stats, a 6 MG spider would do 28.11 damage per match - hardly "devastating", and hardly enough to scratch the paint of the back armour of that Atlas.

Please, for the love of BattleTech, come to your senses! This ridiculous attitude towards what was always a viable, low-range, low-weight ballistic alternative must end!

Can't you see that you're invalidating every light 'mech with ballistic slots you ever made or will make?

Please, reconsider.

#33 Polleys

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationBurlington N.C.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

CCQ 2: You noted that Founder’s `Mechs can already be painted, but this is not true to the same degree as other `Mechs. Will we see additional paint options for Founder’s `Mechs in the future?
A: As mentioned before, you can change the pin stripe colour. We are looking into tweaking the texture a bit and allowing more customization options when we unlock colors for the Hero `Mechs.

I would just like to clarify, when you say "We are looking into tweaking the texture a bit and allowing more customization options". Does this refer to the primary and secondary colors of founders being "unlocked"? Or just more patterns and the same colors while only changing the stripe color? Anyone with a founders 'mech already knows about the stripe, no one is asking about the stripe.

Edited by Polleys, 08 April 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#34 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostGeistmd, on 08 April 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

As u can see its my first post in this forum.

I watched all the answers / developtment regarding MGs the last couple of month. As a pilot that prefers light and medium mechs i cant agree that they work fine, even after critbuff. Its like shooting peas and i shot millions of them meanwhile.

I hope u overthink the dps on that gun its no fun at all. Give it some higher fire rate or some more dmg per shot, make it a bit more like a half small laser.

Sorry i dont speak the best english, but i think i made myself clear

See PGI, THIS GUY gets it. And stjobe, he's the machine gun math expert. Listen to him. Seriously. It would save you a lot of grief.

#35 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View Poststjobe, on 08 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Please, for the love of BattleTech, come to your senses! This ridiculous attitude towards what was always a viable, low-range, low-weight ballistic alternative must end!

Can't you see that you're invalidating every light 'mech with ballistic slots you ever made or will make?

Please, reconsider.

I remember ultra-boating MGs in MW4... they were noticeably lower damage than RACs, but definitely not useless as they are here.

Edited by Chavette, 08 April 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#36 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I don't know why you guys bother. MG's are in the same boat as ECM. Some dev has a hard on for what they do and has no plans to change it.

#37 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

The sad thing is, I don't think they take our points seriously.

I WANT TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE TO PGI:

Spend ONE week with a Spider-5K with 4 MGs (with energy weapon of choice). MUST START WITH 0XP AND NO EFFICIENCIES AND GRIND IT ALL THE WAY TO ACQUIRING ALL 4 ELITE SKILLS.

Then come back to us and tell us how "fun" this experience us. I want full details and a blog.

#38 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

You guys know I'm one of the last to say anything but two things threw me off and are kind of irked me:

1st) Knockdowns. There was a statement that it was going to come in after state rewind, than after CW, then hopefully when the highlander was released now after release. Which one is it?

2nd) 12 man Initially it was implied that when that came back into play we would be able to play with our larger groups again. It was also stated that Pre's far outweigh pugs. I attest 8-man because Its considered competitive . It's not. With competitions certain rules take place. So why the back peddling?

Edited by PropagandaWar, 08 April 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#39 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 08 April 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

The sad thing is, I don't think they take our points seriously.

I WANT TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE TO PGI:

Spend ONE week with a Spider-5K with 4 MGs (with energy weapon of choice). MUST START WITH 0XP AND NO EFFICIENCIES AND GRIND IT ALL THE WAY TO ACQUIRING ALL 4 ELITE SKILLS.

Then come back to us and tell us how "fun" this experience us. I want full details and a blog.

You forgot one last stipulation: It must be versus ECM mechs only. :angry:

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 08 April 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#40 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 08 April 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

You forgot one last stipulation: It must be versus ECM mechs only. :angry:

They will automatically get trolled to death by 3Ls and 2Ds. Bad mechs are easy prey to unbalanced ECM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users