234 replies to this topic

#41 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Thanks Bryan for the detailed update and straight talk.

#42 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostChavette, on 08 April 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

I remember ultra-boating MGs in MW4... they were noticeably lower damage than RACs, but definitely not useless as they are here.

And the last thing we need is a return of that scenario. Some balance between the two extremes would be great.

#43 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postjay35, on 08 April 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

And the last thing we need is a return of that scenario. Some balance between the two extremes would be great.

Hardpoints is what controls boating. But as I showed in my previous post, even boating six MGs would be totally useless.

Nay, harmless. For the enemy.

Edited by stjobe, 08 April 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#44 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

These guys ******* away. Do they even TEST their own game? Let alone play it.

#45 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I remember seeing Jagermechs with 6 MGs being fielded.

Last I checked, they were hilariously bad.

#46 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 08 April 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

These guys ******* away. Do they even TEST their own game? Let alone play it.

My friend, you are approaching it the wrong way.
Please remember, calm and well-thought posts are way better then emotional and rude posts.

On-Topic:

I already posted it on their Twitter Wall, the Dev-Team needs to reconsider Machine Guns.
I like the Idea of making them something like a Half-Small Laser.
Maybe just more Travelspeed, more Ammo-per-ton, more Crits, more damage, faster rof, choose one of these.

#47 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 08 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

My friend, you are approaching it the wrong way.
Please remember, calm and well-thought posts are way better then emotional and rude posts.

On-Topic:

I already posted it on their Twitter Wall, the Dev-Team needs to reconsider Machine Guns.
I like the Idea of making them something like a Half-Small Laser.
Maybe just more Travelspeed, more Ammo-per-ton, more Crits, more damage, faster rof, choose one of these.

Sorry dude, I did calm and well-thought out.

Does absolutely nothing.

PGI only responds to explosions of utter disgust.

Go take a look at March up till now.

Check how ECM was handled to see what well-thought out posts get us.

I'm now an annoyed non-playing customer that they have to deal with.

And why the hell does you posting on twitter some how make it better?

Someone used the official ask the devs format, and got a rediculous answer.

If we have to use twitter for anything to get done, why bother with this?

#48 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ask the Devs #35
Viper69: Why the 180 on the 3rd person view topic? You stated to us last year you were not going that route but decided to go there any way. Why the change and were you ultimately planning to do it anyway from the start and were not straight with us from jump street?
A: At the outset we had no intention to support 3rd Person. However as with all design choices, it became clear we were limiting our audience and needed to explore ways to retain the core experience, while making the game more accessible.

Translation: We found out that we could make more money if we put in 3rd person and bone the rest of the community so we opted to anger the core player and Mechwarrior fans to accommodate the console arcade players. Sorry but money talks! We are in the business to make money, not make a game the true mechwarrior purist will enjoy.

I hope they will put some sorta icon over all the 3rd person players so we can kill them first :angry:

Edited by Werewolf486, 08 April 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#49 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 08 April 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

are you FREAKING kidding me?!
1) its not even good at getting crits anymore, an actual weapon will a take out the components faster
2) uh, yeah, thats kinda the point of the Machine Gun? Why is the ammo count so high anyway, just buff damage but greatly reduce the ammo I dont get how thats hard
3) The spider cant mount 6 MGs. And if you suck enough to let anything with 6 of anything get behind you, you DESERVE TO DIE
4) Why not?! Check the poll in my sig. Check your telemetry data. Who in their right mind likes machine guns the way that are now? Ballistic heavy mechs only mount them because they can. In the case of the cicada and spider, MGs are the only ballistic they can fit in their stupid hardpoints!

We are about to get a Flea that can mount 5 small lasers. How can 5 small lasers be OK when 6 MGs would not be? There is absolutely no reason for MGs to remain as pathetic as they currently are.

#50 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 08 April 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Does absolutely nothing.

They said they are happy with it, thats why they did not change anything.
Now its our turn to clarify that they should NOT be happy with it and Buff/Nerf ECM, MG's, LRM's, BAP, NARC, Flamers, etc.
We are Beta Testers, never forget that.

#51 BL00D RAVEN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

CCQ 3: Why is Machine Gun damage so low?
A: Partly due to the nature of how MGs work in the TT rules, partially due to how we chose to make it useful. When equipping a MG, keep in mind that it is not meant to burn through armor but is very useful for tearing up internals (crits). Bumping MG damage will turn it into a laser that can be kept on with no heat penalty until it runs out of ammo. Now imagine the devastating effect that a 6 MG spider could do to the back of an Atlas! We are still investigating balance of the MG but don’t expect any significant increase in damage.

What 6MG spider?
it has 4 ballistichardpoints
How would it be any different that a 6SL jenner?

#52 DrSecretStache

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 483 posts
  • LocationWherever the Cbills flow

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 08 April 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Does absolutely nothing.

I really feel like trolling this. Because it would be really easy to do. All I will say is be careful, your emotions are showing on the internet.

You're wrong, to a degree. For one, just because the forums wants something doesn't mean they're going to get it. Which would mean that it wouldn't happen, regardless of whether good or bad feelings are sent toward said subject. And if you are trying to be an angry poster just to change something, you're doing it wrong. Continue testing. I'm seriously considering doing what someone mentioned about the 5K and posting all sorts of youtube videos on it to prove a point, and purchase a 3A commando with similar speed and weapon weight to show the difference. Granted, weapon weight comparisons shouldn't be end all, but that's another discussion entirely.

Second, there are a number of things that the community has asked for that they did fix or implement, just people moved on to the new hot topic. Legs getting damaged by tripping over stones is a good example. Wasn't necessarily a bug, but wasn't a good thing, either. it's not a great example, but they've been putting in counters to ECM and are going to tweak it. It's not what the community wants, but it's not how it was, either. Not to mention State rewinding, which has helped quite a bit for the problem that the community wants gone. Another good example is heat vision being fixed because it gave a significant range advantage in all matches, and night being fixed to be usable, both being almost entirely community based wants.

So keep testing. Keep playing. If something's wrong, prove it in game. If you can't, then it's probably not wrong. If you can, but it isn't noticed, keep on testing. Chances are there were other fixes/tweaks/etc that were prioritized.

Now off to grind to get that spider :angry:

EDIT: Wrong spider.

Edited by Zoughtbaj, 08 April 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#53 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

I have to admit that mgs suck really badly, running heavy metal I had a spider 5k hitting me in the back (for a few min while I worried about the stalker in front of me) I also had no armor there and he/she didn't change my rear torso past yellow, never mind destroying anything. Mgs are supposed to be decent against unarmored sections and yet all they do is make my armor read out flash and create an annoying pest. Why not look into making them worthwhile against unarmored mechs? Also how come a machine gun roughly the size of a .50 cal weighs half a ton? You could make an array with 3 .50 cals, and it would still weigh less and do more damage.

#54 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostCpt Leprechaun, on 08 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

KinLuu: What is the rationale for hiding the players elo?
A: It’s not a statistic that players need access to.

ummmm its not a question of needing it, none of us need to even play the game, its a question of wanting to see how good we are doing. my god.

If I may, allow me to speculate that publishing that would lead to exploitation of the matchmaking game mechanic, through sandbagging or other means, which would completely screw CW when it arrives.

Thank you for listening.
=H=

#55 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thankyou for answering

1) its not even good at getting crits anymore, an actual weapon will a take out the components faster
2) uh, yeah, thats kinda the point of the Machine Gun? Why is the ammo count so high anyway, just buff damage but greatly reduce the ammo I dont get how thats hard
3) The spider cant mount 6 MGs. And if you suck enough to let anything with 6 of anything get behind you, you DESERVE TO DIE
4) Why not?! Check the poll in my sig. Check your telemetry data. Who in their right mind likes machine guns the way that are now? Ballistic heavy mechs only mount them because they can. In the case of the cicada and spider, MGs are the only ballistic they can fit in their stupid hardpoints!

I think a large part of the problem comes from " Bumping MG damage will turn it into a laser that can be kept on with no heat penalty until it runs out of ammo." If it couldn't be fired constantly with no consequence. Then it may get a big damage buff. I remember seeing a few posts about small weapons being devistating in closed beta. The 9 Small Laser Hunchback was the prime example. I think that kind of situation is what they want to avoid.

Granted it was probably overnerfed. They are searching for something besides a flat damage buff.

#56 boomboom517

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

exactly thank you
The role of mgs in tt is anti infantry and stripping arour cheaply and weight fficently for know heat pqi so you know

"Now imagine the devastating effect that a 6 MG spider could do to the back of an Atlas"
Thats the point rry about second quote not sure how multiquote works

Edited by boomboom517, 08 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#57 Lord Psycho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Clans aren't being discussed til Fall?!?!?! :angry:

#58 Wolfyop

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

*watch the MGs in the trash bin* it seems you will be there for a long time.

#59 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the answers Bryan, much appreciated!

#60 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Yeah it sucks that collisions are not going in till after launch :angry:. And here I was getting excited for it with the highlanders next patch like we were told we might get :D

That's a big push back if it went from maybe with the release of the highlander to now being after launch.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users