The Perfect Screenshot Thread.

Screenshots

2158 replies to this topic

#21 DifferentFish

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

What are you in-game graphics settings? I want to know how you get those beautiful water reflections.

#22 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

Do they even have a key for grabbing screenshots ingame? Printscreen does not work for me and PGI has saw fit to not give us screen grabbing tools to do our reports with even though they ask for screenshots.

#23 Dr Killinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Very nice! If I could request, I'd say get some action shots from as wide a range of mechs and variants as possible. We all like to see our favorite mechs in lovely bright colours mid-battle :angry:

#24 TheJs

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Wow, really like what you did to get these nice pictures, whatever you did with the drivers and image editing.
I wish there was some way to quote individual pictures, but I particularly liked:
http://pumpgasracing...olfPedited3.jpg
http://pumpgasracing...Konvedited6.jpg
http://pumpgasracing...s/Pnyedited.jpg
http://pumpgasracing...avehedited2.jpg<< Really like how you caught the spider's motion
http://pumpgasracing...dits/Pinkie.jpg<<Hot Pink Highlander in all bluish background, really nice, blue jumpjet fire too
http://pumpgasracing...Hughedited1.jpg<< Just looks awesome(pun not intended). The perspective, the crystal jags showing all the way to the horizon, plus laser and dakka-dakka!

So far , if I had to choose, would say either http://pumpgasracing...Hughedited1.jpg or http://pumpgasracing...dits/Pinkie.jpg is the best.

#25 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostDifferentFish, on 16 April 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

What are you in-game graphics settings? I want to know how you get those beautiful water reflections.

Everything is just set to very high (granted, there is no quality difference between high and very high currently) the reflections should be in there already. If you do not notice them, just check that you are on high at least.

View PostViper69, on 16 April 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Do they even have a key for grabbing screenshots in game? Printscreen does not work for me and PGI has saw fit to not give us screen grabbing tools to do our reports with even though they ask for screenshots.

You are correct and this is due to nature of the game, however there are wonderful third party programs which make getting screens shots a breeze, I use MSI Afterburner for my screenshot / video capture. It is a free and powerful overclocking utility with those features added to it, I also use it to monitor my GPU clock, Temp, Load, and Vram usage, which helps me track down if I am indeed making a difference or not with the hex values I am using.

View PostDr Killinger, on 16 April 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Very nice! If I could request, I'd say get some action shots from as wide a range of mechs and variants as possible. We all like to see our favorite mechs in lovely bright colours mid-battle :(

I plan to capture them all, most of the members of Zhi Zhu have a preference as to which mechs they use, so in order to get them all I will be dropping solo, but if you want to tag along with me I wont mind, just keep in mind while I am 'helpful' while I am hunting for screen shots, I play with the HUD off. :ph34r:

Playing camara commando for Koniving.

Kon Curses, once in this one, fair warning.
Spoiler

View PostTheJs, on 16 April 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Wow, really like what you did to get these nice pictures, whatever you did with the drivers and image editing.

Thanks.

Either some one wanted to rain on my parade or they didn't like being told 'Smile you're on Camera Commando'

Moments later I was dead.
Posted Image

Edited by Lordred, 16 April 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#26 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostLordred, on 15 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

To a degree yes, but not to the full extent of NV Inspector, you get the choice of override, but once you get into the game (since it launches as an admin) it can undo the override, the inspector program gives to a way around this with "Treat override as application controlled" and while you can control values for AA and AF in NVCP, you cannot have it use AA settings meant for other programs. I have done alot of back and forth testing and at least according to my eyes, it looks better using NV inspector.

Is there something similar for ATI driverS?

#27 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Lordred, I curse in the top, non-spoiler video once. O.o;

Anyway.
Shots I took this patch, completely unedited. No setting changes. Radeon 6870s.
Spoiler

No editing of photos, no driver stuff, no changes of game files. MWO raw with settings on very high -- sadly very high doesn't do anything beyond high/medium settings.

Hopefully Lordred can make them beautiful.

Edited by Koniving, 16 April 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#28 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi , nice job so far, if your asking for personal preference , I would like to see a big battle shot from a medium ~ long distance but in such a way for the battle to take the whole picture , also the whole team charging , enemy or ally, you know, inspirationaly over a hill, mby a moon or sun behind :D .

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

Me and Lordred can try, but... our shots are not staged. That depends on whether or not the situation happens.

#30 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostViper69, on 16 April 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Do they even have a key for grabbing screenshots ingame? Printscreen does not work for me and PGI has saw fit to not give us screen grabbing tools to do our reports with even though they ask for screenshots.

Printscreen works, you just have to switch to windowed mode.

#31 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Patch broke the game on my end, trying to re-download it, but I'm only getting 20-30kb/s from the server, yet my connection is pulling its full weight of 700kb/s on speed tests...

I fear I will not make it back in this weekend.

#32 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

These are absolutely amazing. It makes me want to spend a boatload of cash so I can run the game on max settings.

#33 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 17 April 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

These are absolutely amazing. It makes me want to spend a boatload of cash so I can run the game on max settings.

Little known fact. At the moment nothing beyond medium-high actually works.

In the spoiler is what it looked like with "High" settings when they actually worked, with Directx 11. My hardcore system was barely able to run the game and I run Battlefield 3 on Ultra. My microphone sucked at the time, so forgive me on that.

Spoiler

#34 HereticalPsycho

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

fantastic shots guys, there are some really nice paint jobs in there... wasn't aware they could look so pretty... Low elo pugs doesn't show you that sort of awesome

#35 Torridus

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

I applaud your screenshots, you really make an art of it. I wish I had as much know how of images and drivers to be able to put out images of this quality. I love the Catapult and you do a good job of taking pictures of it. I only have one word for you sir, Bravo!

#36 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

Undesirable map after undesirable map, well a true artist persists even when given a bad canvas to work with.

Image Dump

Even in the foggy Frozen City, a little love goes a long way. (No AA at all for now, currently causes an undesirable motion blur problem with this patch)
Spoiler

Sillyness of Koniving and I

Edited by Lordred, 18 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#37 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostHereticalPsycho, on 17 April 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

fantastic shots guys, there are some really nice paint jobs in there... wasn't aware they could look so pretty... Low elo pugs doesn't show you that sort of awesome

One of the many drawbacks and founding principles of the game's design is that money is required for any paint or patterns of merit. Looking great in those screenshots isn't cheap (especially camos). :) Those early in the game are still trying it out to see if it is worth their money. But later on, low ELO or not there will be more and more with wonderful paint schemes. You will see them, eventually.
--------------------------
Right now the prevailing colors in paint schemes currently seem to be black, red, green, white, yellow and light blues with the occasional purple. Typical combos include black and red, white and light blue, black and green, and black and yellow. So to look unique one would likely want to avoid those colors.

#38 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostAdridos, on 17 April 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Printscreen works, you just have to switch to windowed mode.

You can also get MSI afterburner which allows you to do it fullscreen and to the settings you like - you can also use this to record videos and adjust graphics settings.

Koniving, love the shots - that one of the treb on cap makes em look scary!!

#39 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 18 April 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Koniving, love the shots - that one of the treb on cap makes em look scary!!

It was a nasty fight with that one. Had already just dealt with a Raven 3-L and immediately got attacked by the Treb. We were defending our base on assault, so there was no retreat. My ECM had been destroyed and he had streaks. Thankfully staying insanely close allowed me to keep breaking his locks.

#40 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

http://v3rg3r3.tumblr.com/

do with as you please, my fellows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users