• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

@screwball:

Your first line makes me want to scream "wtf you doing trying to argue a basic clan fact, replicated and ingrained so fully in the background that to argue anything against it is asking to undermine any credibility that any point made following it may try and bring?"

Seriously, dude. Do not argue the clan five point system. That is not a debatable wisht washy fluff piece. Five elementals per point. One mech per point. Five points a star. Ten points a binary. Fifteen points a trinary. It is a system of five. Any deviation from such is ALWAYS going to be exception, never ever the rule. Certainly not something an argument can be based on.

Point two, the Dragoons were part of Clan Wolf, technically, until they broke off. Clanners producing extremely limited production, extremely limited access clan mechs that only the nobility had any sort of limited access to, and only after special training, is, again, a very unique case, and not one that ant sort of reasonable argument can be based on. You are not VSD, Kai Allard, or the Spaghetti Monster.

Third point, you are correct. But it was LATE 3051, and it is currently early 3050. Clans come late 3050. Still no timeline access to Clan tech for quite a while yet.

#62 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 14 April 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

I can guarantee you didn't skimp on torso armor.

Sorry I did not respond to you in a timely manor.

Actually, I skimp on armor if the variant calls for it. The Jager is a common one. I only run with 50% of it's armor so that I can equip the 2x AC/2 and 2x AC/5 (or UAC/5 for the DD variant). I still do not feel vulnerable, of course, I have yet to play the mech many times in 8man, which is where it really matters because basically everyone can just snap shot PPCs onto CT from all ranges all the time against targets bigger than Jenners.

#63 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 April 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

@screwball:

Your first line makes me want to scream "wtf you doing trying to argue a basic clan fact, replicated and ingrained so fully in the background that to argue anything against it is asking to undermine any credibility that any point made following it may try and bring?"

He is meaning on Wolcott, Hohiro Kurita bargained with the Star Colonel who was trialing for the planet that if he won, the Smoke Jaguars had to give them 4 of their OmniMechs and 12 of their Battle Armour.

#64 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

He might be, but he was using it as point to try and counter the Clan 5 point system. He cited one very unusual case. It does nothing to actually counter the Clan 5 point system. I have no issue with well thought out arguments, but posting up stupid stuff like that is just arguing for arguments sake. I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind (let alone one who is read enough to pick out the example to begin with) would try to argue against the established fact that the Clans use a system of fives, not a system of fours.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 April 2013 - 05:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users