To Anyone Who Doubts 'poptarts' Are An Issue

150 replies to this topic

#41 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

Again, I never said it was a problem for me. I'm saying it's unbalance.

Please don't post unless you're going to read.

I did read. Please don't start threads to shove your pathetic opinions down people throats.

If people can beat it, then it's obviously not the problem that's going to take over the game that you keep whining about. People whined the same way last month about AC40 Jagers (hell, they were whining about them 2 days ago) but, just like the Highlander, they were brand new and everyone was leveling them, so they were very prevalent. Now, according to you, they're not even playable.

You make claims that you can deal with it, but that the mechs/styles best at dealing with it aren't even useful because of it. You refuse to even comment on the oft-repeated point that that it's a short-lived condition due to the release of a new mech some people perceive as being good at it. You repeatedly claim that it's going to take over the game despite not being dominant, which you admit by claiming it's not a problem for you.

WTF are you whining about, exactly? Because you have failed to make a concise point with any validity at all.

#42 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostFatDaddy, on 17 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Everybody riding the bandwagon of the current "ideal" mech has been happening since closed beta. I assure you I read every pitiful post in this thread prior to making my post.

Most players min/max. It's neither novel nor new. I've seen it over and over. Join them, or adapt and wait for the next fad to come along.

Crying on the forums has never had any positive effect other than making the crying OP feel like they're making the game better.

Then what do you have to say that adds to anything at all? That you did good in 1 game with a yen lo wang?

Does anyone care? No. No one cares.

That has nothing to do with game balance. It's you opening your mouth before thinking like you're good at the game.

Sure you can win by forcing a brawl if you're lucky. Sure you could win in a Spider with machine guns! That isn't the point. The point is the game is unbalanced.

View PostTeam Leader, on 17 April 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

*person *didnt
I read your OP. I watched that stupid video too. You took a slow mech out into the open with the rest of your team on one of the longest sight lines of any CB map and didnt attempt any flanking maneuvers and instead tried a snipe war with pop tarts on their natural home turf. You sir are what I would call a "bad player".

Obviously not seeing as we won with only 1 person dead. My damage was within 50~ish of the top. There was no reason to flank. You're just getting on troll level.

View PostOneManWar, on 17 April 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

There will always be min-maxers. ALWAYS. In ANY online game. Me on the other hand, I enjoy varied weaponry. I'm running my 733C like a big Thor, AC/20, ERPPC and an LRM15. I like varied tactics.

Sniping is the meta. Therefore there is only 1 thing to min/max.

#43 DreadDjinn

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 17 April 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

I did read. Please don't start threads to shove your pathetic opinions down people throats.

If people can beat it, then it's obviously not the problem that's going to take over the game that you keep whining about. People whined the same way last month about AC40 Jagers (hell, they were whining about them 2 days ago) but, just like the Highlander, they were brand new and everyone was leveling them, so they were very prevalent. Now, according to you, they're not even playable.

You make claims that you can deal with it, but that the mechs/styles best at dealing with it aren't even useful because of it. You refuse to even comment on the oft-repeated point that that it's a short-lived condition due to the release of a new mech some people perceive as being good at it. You repeatedly claim that it's going to take over the game despite not being dominant, which you admit by claiming it's not a problem for you.

WTF are you whining about, exactly? Because you have failed to make a concise point with any validity at all.

At the end of the day, he's complaining because they didn't make this game "fun" enough for him apparently. How do you argue someone out of their tastes? Apparently he thinks that what is "fun" for him should be the best thing for everyone.

#44 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostDreadDjinn, on 17 April 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Excuse me for being snide about this but you were kinda asking for it...

You want this game to be tailored to what is 'fun' for you? Sheesh. I'm fine with a slower-paced, more tactical game. I don't want Quake disguised as a MW game. Out-maneuver your opponents. Use cover and concealment. These are fun. I like chess, not checkers. Poptarting is just good tactical sense to provide minimal profile. But they can't see you from behind cover either.

Hey I have an idea. Why don't YOU make a video showing how easy it is to adapt to poptarting without having to resort to similar builds. It's clearly very easy to do in small-group/solo matches.

If you are as good as you seem to imply you should be able to produce a perfect video showing how weak a team of poptarts are just by using cover and outmaneuvering them.

I want to see the proof it's as easy as you say, [Redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 18 April 2013 - 01:19 AM.
Removed CoC violation

#45 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Maybe the point is "Come here and stand still while I shoot you with my ******* LAZORS!"?

:)

#46 DreadDjinn

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostZylo, on 17 April 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Hey I have an idea. Why don't YOU make a video showing how easy it is to adapt to poptarting without having to resort to similar builds. It's clearly very easy to do in small-group/solo matches.

If you are as good as you seem to imply you should be able to produce a perfect video showing how weak a team of poptarts are just by using cover and outmaneuvering them.

I want to see the proof it's as easy as you say, otherwise you are just full of ****.

Did you read his OP? His arguments ends with the highly subjective "this isn't fun". I'm not even trying to say what is most effective in high-level play.

SCII manages to be hugely popular and fun despite the upper-echelons clinging to the same, most effective metas.

You need to demonstrate how this is a problem for everyone before you ask for tips on how to break a poptart seige.

#47 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

My Elo is in the dumpster, since I see mechs without PPC's etc

#48 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Obviously it's a lot of people's opinions.

Just don't post if you're just going to insult people.

Now, according to you, they're not even playable.

I said I had my Highlanders near master. Again, you didn't read.

#49 Teh Ninja

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHiding (I'm a Ninja) ;-)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Summary of the video... Guy gets PPC ***** by the new Highlander(Everybody and their mom is buying and driving them). Survives and goes on to win the match. Says PPCs are a problem and everybody is using them... Hmmmm I wonder why

#50 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

poptarting is not a problem. its every pug in a match that is paralyzed with indecision and frustration that is the problem. In almost every pug match I have been in my whole team just milled around taking week peekaboo shots while hiding behind one low rising hill. They never try to maneuver around to flank, move in a group to focus fire, they never try any thing to attack them. All they do is mill around and get picked off one by one.

People who poptart are not the problem. its all the players that cant think outside of what ever COD mindset that is the "right way" to play the game.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 17 April 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#51 Wildman13

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 92 posts
  • Locationseabrook, tx

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Then what do you have to say that adds to anything at all? That you did good in 1 game with a yen lo wang?

Does anyone care? No. No one cares.

That has nothing to do with game balance. It's you opening your mouth before thinking like you're good at the game.

Sure you can win by forcing a brawl if you're lucky. Sure you could win in a Spider with machine guns! That isn't the point. The point is the game is unbalanced.

Obviously not seeing as we won with only 1 person dead. My damage was within 50~ish of the top. There was no reason to flank. You're just getting on troll level.

Sniping is the meta. Therefore there is only 1 thing to min/max.

Honestly, I didn't read most of your retort and your crying. I am a 40 year old man who has been playing electronic games since the 70's. I've been on the cutting edge on gaming for almost 30 years. Your tears are so familiar and redundant to me.

It's a frigging beta. I admit I'm not a Founder, although I absolutely would be if I had caught wind of the game back then.

All of the whining and crying in this thread and most of the other tearfests on the forms are so stinking familiar and redundant that I'm past being nice about refuting them.

Are you upset about poptarts? QQ and leave the players that are having fun alone. Nobody worthwhile gives 2 cents to the constant crying and complaining that goes on here. It's not new, it's not relevant, and it's not helpful.

#52 Zylo

• 1,782 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostDreadDjinn, on 17 April 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Did you read his OP? His arguments ends with the highly subjective "this isn't fun". I'm not even trying to say what is most effective in high-level play.

SCII manages to be hugely popular and fun despite the upper-echelons clinging to the same, most effective metas.

You need to demonstrate how this is a problem for everyone before you ask for tips on how to break a poptart seige.

I'm still waiting for your video showing how effective other tactics are against poptarts. It should be very easy for you to prove your point with a simple video of a match showing how easy it is from your point of view to counter jump snipers.

I read the post by Klaus and watched the vid, he is a member of my corp afterall. The point isn't that they are impossible to beat. The point is that they are everywhere. Those of us who run in groups can set up a group with the right builds to counter. That's not the issue, the issue is that everyone playing the same isn't fun nor is it healthy for the game.

The current weapon balance favors high alpha point damage weapons. A logical counter would be flanking with fast mechs and doing damage at short range right? Ok, try that with those nerfed SRM6's, tell me how that works out for you.

The best way for MWO to remain healthy is for the game to support a healthy mix of sniping/brawling/support/scouting. Currently the game really only favors the sniping playstyle and that is a problem.

#53 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Holy cow, pure hatred is emanating out of my monitor towards me. This thread scares me. XD To repeat what the OP said, please make sure you understand what he's saying before you post. It's not that he can't win, he just doesn't like that there's (in his opinion) only one strategy being used by most players. I've noticed it too. Less the poptarting, more the PPC/laser boating.
Everyone seems to be doing the same stuff. Rarely do I see missile boats anymore, and even more rarely do I see people with varied builds. It's all long range firefights with direct fire weapons. No maneuvering, no missiles, whatever.

#54 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostFatDaddy, on 17 April 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Nobody worthwhile gives 2 cents to the constant crying and complaining that goes on here. It's not new, it's not relevant, and it's not helpful.

Win.

#55 cyberFluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostHedonism Robot, on 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

You are piloting a laser boat stalker and mad about poptarts? While I 100% agree with your post, after watching the video it seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. The games I am in have just as many atlas and stalkers loaded with ppcs and large lasers to also shelling out lots of damage and coring mediums and lights.

Stopped reading at this thread ender to be perfectly fair.

#56 Zylo

• 1,782 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I don't recall the Jagermech making anything not viable anymore. You could still snipe, you could still play lights. I don't recall any mech ever invalidating other builds.

Klaus, he probably doesn't want his poptart nerfed.

#57 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I havent read most of this thread but want to say this after watching your video
i dont see what the problem is, you guys won and the poptarts were ineffective... looked like an easy match to me. I love that youre in a laser boat cheese build complaining about a similarly cheesy tactic... so much cheese in one match!!

#58 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Claims of poptarts have been around before the highlander came out, so this isn't just a case of a new 'mech changing the meta for a few days.

#59 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I don't recall the Jagermech making anything not viable anymore. You could still snipe, you could still play lights. I don't recall any mech ever invalidating other builds.

And it's not the case that the HGN "invalidates other builds." It's a fat 3D. Your pugs are running a bunch of it because it's new. Give it a week or two.

Edited by Royalewithcheese, 17 April 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#60 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Postyashmack, on 17 April 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I havent read most of this thread but want to say this after watching your video
i dont see what the problem is, you guys won and the poptarts were ineffective...

My team was full of poptarts too...

View PostMadcatX, on 17 April 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Claims of poptarts have been around before the highlander came out, so this isn't just a case of a new 'mech changing the meta for a few days.

Yeah but I guess only a few people can see that because they spend more time insulting people over 2680 posts than playing the game.

62 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 62 guests, 0 anonymous users