Ask The Devs 36 - Answers!

283 replies to this topic

#61 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Machine guns need massive damage buffs like most people need a new hole in the head.

machine guns have trouble downing Elementals in battletech, god forbid it's a mech. Be glad they rip up internals. I'd of just left them as is and made fun of folks~

#62 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostEddrick, on 19 April 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Did any of you actualy listen to the comment about the Public Test Server in NGNG #38? It was about using a PTS to help balance Clan Mechs by testing them before they hit the Public Server. Clan Mechs are suppose to come out after launch.

ah so this is all a "misquoting" based from another conflicting source on info.

#63 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostParnage, on 19 April 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Machine guns need massive damage buffs like most people need a new hole in the head.

machine guns have trouble downing Elementals in battletech, god forbid it's a mech. Be glad they rip up internals. I'd of just left them as is and made fun of folks~

Because 2 damage to mechs in Battletech is soooo low. :D

#64 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I understand where you are coming from.

But the problem is, they've added light and medium mechs with ballistic slots, and MG's are really the only real option. (I will say there are some silly UAC/5/AC/2 etc. craziness, but they aren't real builds). So if you have those variants, MG's have to do SOMETHING.

Right now even the internal crit thing doesn't work.

#65 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

awww you killed the thread... or did PGI's answers?

Dont worry; theyre just misquotes!

#66 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

It is AMAZING that you still care so little about voice comms, a STAPLE of multiplayer games, and prefer to say the new player experience sucks because they don't have third person. Seriously, I just have no idea how that is your logical thought process.

I guess Valve had no idea what they were doing with Counter-Strike...10 years ago.

#67 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 19 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

It is AMAZING that you still care so little about voice comms, a STAPLE of multiplayer games, and prefer to say the new player experience sucks because they don't have third person. Seriously, I just have no idea how that is your logical thought process.

I guess Valve had no idea what they were doing with Counter-Strike...10 years ago.

I still dont understand how third person view will help ppl learn first person view.
or are you saying they need tpv just to have tpv and stay playing tpv?

#68 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I am really surprised people aren't more peeved by the voice com answer.

Considering for the 6 months or so I've been playing, EVERY and I mean EVERY time a PUG vs. Premade argument comes up. All the premades do is say "GET VOICE, GET VOICE, GET VOICE".

#69 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 19 April 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Ask the Devs #36
Viper69: Would you consider giving people a free mech bay with the purchase of a hero mech? It is a nice little touch to make people buy if you give a little you can get a lot.
A: Currently this is a technical limitation, we are unable to offer bundles. With the launch of UI 2.0, we plan to support bundles, bundle prices, etc..

Bundles was not exactly my question. Or are you talking bundles as in grouping items? If thats the case I understand that it would have to be bundle capable to be able to add a free mech bay with purchase, if I am reading that right.

#70 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm just disappointed overall by this AtD... nothing worth mention really and all the questions were run of the mill already answered/known content stuff. But so much for post launch... really it's taken what 6months to get around to the launch drive, shouldn't many of these systems have been in development for the past couple of months at least?

Edited by Apostal, 19 April 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#71 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Wow, finely got one of mine answered cool!

#72 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 19 April 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Ask the Devs #36

Riddler9884: Are there currently any new weapons or variations of weapons in the works?
A: Yes, we are adding all of the Clan weapons.

Oh the fun of my Highlander armed with 2 CERPPC and 4 SSRM6's. :ph34r:

Syllogy: Any details on the Public Test Server that you mentioned in NGNG Podcast #68?
A: Very soon 30-60 days.

Yes, the sooner the better! :unsure:

Teir Dasande: When will the next batch of 'Mech concept art drop?
A: We’re changing up how we handle BattleMech concept art. Expect some new content very soon.

Ibid!

Damocles: Will you be adding new vision modes? Example: MAD (Magnetic Anomaly Detector) and what is the ETA on vision modes being displayed on the cockpit glass?
A: No ETA on either. They have been designed and will be worked on at some future date.

We need MAD as of 4 months ago! Gimme, gimme, gimme! :lol:

Utzelbrutz: Are there plans of showing the enemy mech chassis in the TAB menu after they have been identified/hit?
A: Possibly.

I've been hoping for this one as well. Maybe connected with a pilot having the Command Console or a C3 Unit?

BitMonger505: Are there any plans to release a native 64 bit executable?
A: Possibly.

Again, yes please.

Viperion: Can we get a pause button for premium time?
A: No plans to add this functionality.

Because, I can't see this being horribly abused. :D
Maybe a once per month option to suspend for when a family goes on a vacation would be nice. But an 'at will' option would be brutally abused.

Ratiborus: Is it possible to implement the C-bills and/or MC transfer between the players?
A: No plans to allow transfer of any items or money between accounts.

Never hopefully. This would definitely draw gold-farmers into this game.

#73 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Another game that made the tradeoff with third person was Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

That game is far easier to play in third person (blocking requires having the opponent's sword tip in roughly the centre of the screen.. also situational awareness is much greater), so everyone has to use it because otherwise they are at a disadvantage.

It loses most/all of the immersion that first person gave (it felt a lot more like *YOU* were swinging the sword before).

Sure, there are servers with no third person option enabled.  However, the fact that third-person is "required" to compete on every other server means that only a small subpopulation of the players are any good using first-person.

Is MWO dependent on immersion to provide an enjoyable playing experience?  If it is, then don't put in third person.  If it isn't, then it shouldn't be affected much by third person.

Edited by Praslek2, 19 April 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#74 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Teir Dasande: When will the next batch of
'Mech concept art drop?
A: We’re changing up how we handle
BattleMech concept art. Expect some new
content very soon.

I like that.

#75 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

I agree, I shouldn't read these anymore. I still appreciate the desire to do it, I really do, but I'm always more and more disappointed every time I read it.

Missile fix, April 2nd, May, No ETA?

No collisions, and disagreeing with yourself?

MGs balanced? Really?

No real heat disadvantages?

Sigh.

Ok we are all human, I'm going to say this in a nice way, because its good to be nice to your fellow man.

Bryan, I really appreciate the work you and everyone at PGI puts into this game. I have high hopes for it! Although I disagree heavily with what is said, over and over, I want you do know that I only wish you all the best, and the best for MWO. Good luck with making the game.

I do have to take a second to tell you though. Artemis effecting SSRMs is very bad, and removes the slight disadvantage of using SSRM (lock on time, is very short). I don't pretend to understand, that fixing it could take quite a bit of resources and time, so it can't be quick, but can we at least see ASSRMs costing a ton and slot more? When they have to lock on, you can fight them in covered areas, when ASSRMed, they are 100% better for .5 tons, and are impossible to dodge enough to matter. The way the hit the center is very prevalent as well, I don't see any SRMs anymore, just SSRMs because those are the only thing that is really worth it, and even with ECM, I can't blame them.

I'm going to stop now, please have a good day.

View Postshintakie, on 19 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Just turn it into a drinkin game.

Every time "No ETA" is said, take a drink.
Every time "No plans" is said, take a drink.
Every time they repeat the answer for a question they already answered in a earlier ATD, take a drink. If they answer the same question twice or more in the same ATD, take 2 drinks for every repeat.
Every time they blatantly make somethin up (6 MG spiders, 3 second Jenners, nobody sayin collisions would be back soon), take a drink.

I died

A/C-2 and MG did the same damage in TT, MG did more damage to infantry. Do you want an A/C-2 with .4 DPS? (It would fire every 5 seconds, instead of half seconds).

I mean Small Lasers do generate heat, but 9 of them on a hunch can be fired more than 40% of the time, and at that point, they are 100% better than MGs, and I don't think Small Lasers are breaking this game.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 19 April 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#76 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Community Consolidated Questions/Concerns

CCQ1: There have been a number of community events, leagues, and competitions that do not conflict with official events. Are there plans to better support these events through additional in-game tools, promotion, stats, sponsorship, or participation?
A: We’re focused on getting Community Warfare out the door, along with more official events and leagues. At this time we have not decided how or if we plan to support any non-official competitions/events. I would expect us to examine this after CW goes live, late this year.

Sir, we do not need the support from IGP /PGI on this! ( while it would be nice to have it later on as you describe it).
All we need is to be able to drop one group of any size against a SPECIFIC other group of any size together.
No XP no Cbills no rewards at all required.
This simple little ability would make the day for a lot of your customers. And certainly for a lot of the newbies coming in to this game as they can be thought by vets who brought them in in a "save" environment.

And as for the impact on matchmaking or other components... I can see none. because there is none. And well, consider hiring Multitallented for a week to implement this little thingy ^^ ( ok, the last one was a tiny bitter joke at your expense, could not resist) ( Multi, I hope you can forgive me for using you here^^)

Edited by grayson marik, 19 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#77 Big Giant Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationingalaxyfarfaraway

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Great work tho, considering the presurre and conditions under which this game is created.
First time I am ever happy for the end of the summer.

Edited by Big Giant Head, 19 April 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#78 Tomo3 14

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 990 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Game become more and more boring ... I dont remember , when last time i see normal fight in CLOSE ! NO , only PPC and ER PPC masters . And its becoming usual - from 8 mechs 4+ PPC-boats ( STK ) , ER PPC or/with Gauss snipers ( TBT, CTF , HGN ) with jumpjets . Now im playing in PPC Warriors ... Надо быть слепыми , чтобы не заметить такого количества пипцов в матчах .

#79 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postshintakie, on 19 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Just turn it into a drinkin game.

Every time "No ETA" is said, take a drink.
Every time "No plans" is said, take a drink.
Every time they repeat the answer for a question they already answered in a earlier ATD, take a drink. If they answer the same question twice or more in the same ATD, take 2 drinks for every repeat.
Every time they blatantly make somethin up (6 MG spiders, 3 second Jenners, nobody sayin collisions would be back soon), take a drink.

I'd be so drunk, I would think I was vomiting in PGI's version of the Urbie.

Edited by Deathlike, 19 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#80 Teir Dasande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 140 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Teir Dasande: When will the next batch of 'Mech concept art drop?
A: We’re changing up how we handle BattleMech concept art. Expect some new content very soon.

Firstly, OMG DEVS ANSWERED MY QUESTION! For that, thank you. Secondly, OMG NEW CONCEPT ART. :lol:

Edit: Quote clean up.

Edited by Teir Dasande, 19 April 2013 - 10:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users