283 replies to this topic

#281 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostTesunie, on 29 May 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Thank godness you've learned that DHS are a pure upgrade for almost any mech. Now you can be quiet and upgrade your stalker so its better, you even have other choices for it, instead of packing a medium mech armament (http://mwo.smurfy-ne...453fd5a106da9c7) or a Catapult in armor. You can be a real assault now!

#282 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 29 May 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Thank godness you've learned that DHS are a pure upgrade for almost any mech. Now you can be quiet and upgrade your stalker so its better, you even have other choices for it, instead of packing a medium mech armament (http://mwo.smurfy-ne...453fd5a106da9c7) or a Catapult in armor. You can be a real assault now!

And you're a jerk. You know that? Did I ever, once, argue that DHS WASN'T an upgrade? Seriously. READ WHAT I WROTE.

And your Hunchback there. Yeah? You have my weapons. Good for you. Now, look at your cooling. Way low. And your armor? Low as well. All your weapons are on your right side, so if that one side goes (which people will aim for), all your weapons are toast. You are faster than my Stalker, but I find my Stalker doesn't need the speed. Also, my Stalker has armor where it counts. It has almost (if not litterally) twice the armor and structure points in my CT alone as that Hunchback. Know what that means? I can survive more hits than that Hunchback can where it counts. My side also has slightly more, and my weapons are evenly spread out, making a loss of even one side far less painful than you loosing just the right side. I've gone on and won matches with half a Stalker many times. Overall, my Stalker is just more EFFICIENT than your Hunchback is.

So, my Stalker, with SHS, can out preform that Hunchback every time. So, you completed the challenge of creating a hunchback with the same weapons, but failed at cooling and armor. So, challenge still failed.

Oh, and your references to Catapults with my Stalker, you do know Stalkers are considered large heavy Catapults, so... yeah. I'm suppose to be like a Catapult, but I still out armor the Cat, and carry more lasers than a cat too.

As I stated before, placement is everything. Your hunchback has only 100 points of armor less than my Stalker, but it's got that armor spread all over, in some sections it doesn't really need that armor in. It's got more vulnerabilities, and will over heat with two or three alphas of just your lasers. And that's just comparing to my SHS version. My DHS version (if I ever upgrade) would have the same heat as my SHS version, with 10 extra tubes over your Hunchback.

You may have a Hunchback with equal weapons, but it would not stand against my Stalker, on paper. We have the same Alpha, but I have more staying power, both in heat and in armor. All at 20 KPH less. With any design, there are always gives and takes. More weapons at cost of armor? More armor at cost of heat? Less weapons to worry your heat less? Slower mech for more weapons and armor? What choice will you make for this mech?

So, once more, I shall say, DHS can and would make my Stalker more efficient than it currently is. However, that efficiency is only in small gains across all stats for a very large price tag. Does that mean it isn't worth upgrading sometime? No. I might upgrade it at some point. Does that mean I must upgrade now? Heck no. I don't HAVE to do anything. I find it effective and fits well with my current playing style. I don't WANT to spend the 4,000,000 c-bills just to make an efficient mech just ever so slightly more efficient.

To restate the percentages:
- heat improved by 5%
- damage (alpha) by 20%
- armor by 8%
- speed by 0-5% (upgrade dependant)
- Overall 8% improvement.
- Total cost 3,939,667 c-bills

#283 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

View PostTesunie, on 29 May 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

To restate the percentages:
- heat improved by 5%
- damage (alpha) by 20%
- armor by 8%
- speed by 0-5% (upgrade dependant)
- Overall 8% improvement.
- Total cost 3,939,667 c-bills

Yep its a complete upgrade, I'm glad we are in agreement.

#284 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 30 May 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

Yep its a complete upgrade, I'm glad we are in agreement.

Question: Was I arguing or denying that DHS was a good upgrade?

I think you should read all my other posts in this thread. My question was, is it worth the price tag for the upgraded changes to my mech? Are the few increases worth the price? Can the mech run effectively without this upgrade? My answer so far is, it isn't a needed upgrade on my Stalker for it to run effectively. This mean that, yes, it can improve my Stalker, but I feel that my Stalker runs effectively enough as it is right now. At least till I have the c-bills around with no plans on it's expenditure. Right now? I have plans and projects for my c-bills, unto which upgrading my Stalker at this time would hinder greatly, for only a few benefits on my Stalker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users