Great Job Pgi, You've Found My Addiction Button

102 replies to this topic

#41 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 20 April 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Second, too many people have too great a sense of entitlement and either they didn't read the fine print on their founders packs or their personalities are such that nothing makes them happy anyway and they will complain just for the sake of complaining. Who knows, some could be from other companies doing it intentionally (shrugs) as I said I am surprised at the leeway that PGI/IGP allows these individuals. If I was King for a day it would be different; the amount of money spend on founders packs would not be a factor.

I like when people use the word entitlement in this context XD heres another one, posting in a video game suggestion forum is a privilege! not a right! lol. I understand your a mod and these forums are a big deal to you but its not going to be historically documented. this is as annoying as the complainers themselves, if I disagree with the complaint I go read something else XD (edit: wait I think you helped me see the light... that IS annoying!!!! lmao)

Edited by DCLXVI, 20 April 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#42 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostProtoformX, on 20 April 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Lol? Then why are you still playing? Some people are just born to complain.

Some people are just born to be marks for scam artists....

#43 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostDCLXVI, on 20 April 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

I like when people use the word entitlement in this context XD

ENTITLEMENT: In a casual sense, the term "entitlement" refers to a notion or belief that one (or oneself) is deserving of some particular reward or benefit[1]—if given without deeper legal or principled cause, the term is often given with pejorative connotation (e.g. a "sense of entitlement").

I would say I got the context right.

heres another one, posting in a video game suggestion forum is a privilege! not a right! lol.

I have no idea what this means but as long as you were amused I suppose all is good.

I understand your a mod and these forums are a big deal to you but its not going to be historically documented.

Posted Image

What? I have no idea what that statement even means. "Historically documented"?

this is as annoying as the complainers themselves, if I disagree with the complaint I go read something else XD (edit: wait I think you helped me see the light... that IS annoying!!!! lmao)

Good to hear! Glad I could help!

#44 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I have funded PGI to the tune of a couple hundred bucks... to bad I never heard of the game until it went public, or else I would have bought a founders pack.

*shrug* Fun game, they deserve some compensation for the days of play time I have accumulated and the enjoyment of it all...well, mostly...

#45 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 April 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

Truly, what does it matter?

If the OP is happy, and glad to play, that is his opinion. Yours is different. Kudos to you both. Doesn't make one of you right, the other wrong. Allow the dude to enjoy the game.

ah, how cute, another person who feels that anyone that is actually enjoying the game is a "whale" either in denial, or trying to protect or justify his investment. Why not toss out Golds, Leets, etc and all the other derogatory forum jargon you folks fall back on when anyone dares to not see things the way you do?

yup, cause that isn't about the most biased hack job article in a while.......... I guess when one has no argument, they start trying to recycle old ones, no matter how bad. Not an attack on you, Purple, but simply, the article was hyperbolic trash. The Devs definitely spun a vision, but it was never part of our Founders Pack, some guarantee that it would unfold exactly that way. Once you add a Publisher to the equation, you should know that ain't likely to happen. But as for the Founders Packs, minus the name in credits part, we got everything we contractually signed up for. EVERYTHING. If anyone can show me something in our EULA or the Founders Contracts that said no Coolant Flush, no 3person, etc, I'll change my mind on that.

There are a lot of things I don't like, and those are two of them (the friggin HUD/Minimap Bug 10 months later, and worse than in Closed Beta is up there too), and the list goes one. Yet none of that has a damn thing to do with our Founders Packs.

I still wanna know where this 250 dollar founder pack is ....

Here in my pocket!

#46 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 20 April 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Here in my pocket!

Shhhh!

Rule #1 of $250 Founders Pack is "We do not talk about $250.00 Founders Packs"

#47 Maver0ick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 228 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've spent more time playing this game than any other video game in the past. Also this is the only game that I specifically spent money upgrading/aquiring hardware for (video card, voice headset).

#48 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 20 April 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

ENTITLEMENT: In a casual sense, the term "entitlement" refers to a notion or belief that one (or oneself) is deserving of some particular reward or benefit[

your not picking up what im putting down. So what is this... "Reward or benefit"? if you just called the MWO forums a reward? I cannot read more sorry

#49 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostProtoformX, on 20 April 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

You guys must be doing something right, PGI. Just since January I've already purchased enough MC to fund two years worth of an MMO subscription. I wouldn't have ever dreamed that I would be spending this kind of cash on a F2P game. You guys have found my weakness. I feel like I'm going back to the crack dealer to refill my stash every couple weeks.

That said, I'm HAPPY to give these guys my money. Beta whatever, bugs this; who cares? I play this game like 20 hours a week. That's a crapload of entertainment... For comparison I watch like 2 hours worth of TV in a week. I'll happily fund my right, and more players rights to keep playing this game.

Just put the MC in this bag so I can have my pink stompy robots... Now shut up and take my money!

So, in another thread I asked the following question of the OP. He answered in the affirmative. I feel I must ask it here too. Did PGI or IGP or any other of their affiliates ask you to make this post? A further question. Do you have other forum accounts that you use OP?

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 20 April 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#50 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

"heres another one, posting in a video game suggestion forum is a privilege! not a right! lol." that amuses me because I wanted you to hear how ridiculous it sounds to take this video game forum way too seriously. dosnt it sound ridiculous to you to use the words entitlement in a discussion over a video game forum? this forum will not go down in history it makes no difference if people come here to take a poop, don't try to glorify your job dude lmao

Edited by DCLXVI, 20 April 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#51 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostDCLXVI, on 20 April 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

"heres another one, posting in a video game suggestion forum is a privilege! not a right! lol." that amuses me because I wanted you to hear how ridiculous it sounds to take this video game forum way too seriously. dosnt it sound ridiculous to you to use the words entitlement in a discussion over a video game forum? this forum will not go down in history it makes no difference if people come here to take a poop, don't try to glorify your job dude lmao

Job? You mean I get paid for this?

Rest assured, I hear how ridiculous it sounds; you re-posting it the second time is what really sold it for me!

#52 Le Goat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationin my chair

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

this game overheats my gold plated laptop. does this happen to everyone else's gold plated laptop...?

edit: my one made out of silver runs fine.....

Edited by Le Goat, 20 April 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#53 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 20 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Rest assured, I hear how ridiculous it sounds; you re-posting it the second time is what really sold it for me!

ah I see what your doing there preteding you don't understand... fool me once shame on you fool me ummm uhhhh ummm Posted Image shame on me! :rolleyes:

Edited by DCLXVI, 20 April 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#54 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

pause the dumb act for one second, pick up a dictionary and look up the words that I am typing. >>>>> What is this reward/benefit we are entitled to? <<<<<< im seriously dying to know what everyone feels they are entitled to. dictionary.com please I need to know! (edit: if you really want to break the will of a complainer, hire more non English speaking employees it works for Microsoft and it is working on me, I just give up I don't even remember my point. complaint sovled thanks)

Edited by DCLXVI, 20 April 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#55 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostDCLXVI, on 20 April 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

pause the dumb act for one second, pick up a dictionary and look up the words that I am typing. >>>>> What is this reward/benefit we are entitled to? <<<<<< im seriously dying to know what everyone feels they are entitled to. dictionary.com please I need to know!

Let me see if I can find the nicest, most PC way of saying this; bare in mind these are my thoughts and not anything scripted or endorsed by The Powers That Be.

Individuals, sometimes those who have purchased Founders Packs, feel that they are entitled to come on here day in and day out and berate PGI, IGP (whomever) because they spent X # of dollars and the game isn't headed in the direction they want. They feel that their purchase gives them the right to state their opinions (which it does) and then vehemently argue against every other single person who disagrees with them (which it does not).

Everyone has opinions, right or wrong doesn't matter. You have yours, I have mine, so-n-so has his. I may not agree with it and I may offer a rebuttal but I would never go off on someone for stating what they feel is right. However, there are those (and you may not see this aspect of the forums as it isn't your "job") who come on here day in and day out and post the same thing, as many different ways as possible, in as many different threads as possible, thinking that it will come to pass or have some profound impact. All it does is provide toxic feedback and that is against the Code of Conduct.

They feel that their purchase entitles them to demand that (insert object of their rage here) gets fixed right away or that (insert object of their desire here) needs to be implemented now. We have even seen rage over consumables and coolant flush because people were told "That was our position at the time". Plans change and development vision changes yet some people want to complain because they hold what they were told as gospel without once considering that business plans are fluid and flexible in nature. This IS a business.

All I can say is "Buyer Beware". Learn what you purchase and read the fine print before you do so. The egg isn't on PGI but on the individual who didn't follow that simple credo.

When people purchased a founders pack they contributed to the continued development of the game, and in return they received access to a closed beta and some mechs and MC etc. They did not receive the right to demand the vision that PGI has for the game head in a specific direction, nor did they receive the right to come on here day in and day out and inject toxicity into a community who, for the most part, is made up of like minded, intelligent and passionate people.

And that... is how I see it.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 20 April 2013 - 08:48 AM.
Fixed FIND to FINE and cbills to MC (my son was distracting me when writing this)

#56 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Social capital and status and perhaps also an 'inside line', that is your currency and payment. Also for others with more technical ability, they give their time for the same things but also as way into the industry.

#57 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 20 April 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Social capital and status and perhaps also an 'inside line', that is your currency and payment. Also for others with more technical ability, they give their time for the same things but also as way into the industry.

Yes, because being despised, attacked and actually hunted in game is the most rewarding thing I can possible imagine!

No, as a Moderator, there are no inside lines or secret hidden areas where we break down the number 42.

As for the industry? I'm a firefighter, I'm good where I am; the gaming industry is far too cut throat, violent and dangerous as far as I am concerned.

#58 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I refer you to social capital and status then.

#59 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

that's a really long answer your not playing me again are you?

#60 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 20 April 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

I refer you to social capital and status then.

In sociology, social capital is the expected collective or economic benefits derived from the preferential treatment and cooperation between individuals and groups.

Could you be a little more specific please?

View PostDCLXVI, on 20 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

that's a really long answer your not playing me again are you?

LOL no I am not playing you.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 20 April 2013 - 09:07 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users