Great Job Pgi, You've Found My Addiction Button

102 replies to this topic

#1 ProtoformX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

You guys must be doing something right, PGI. Just since January I've already purchased enough MC to fund two years worth of an MMO subscription. I wouldn't have ever dreamed that I would be spending this kind of cash on a F2P game. You guys have found my weakness. [redacted]

That said, I'm HAPPY to give these guys my money. Beta whatever, bugs this; who cares? I play this game like 20 hours a week. That's a crapload of entertainment... For comparison I watch like 2 hours worth of TV in a week. I'll happily fund my right, and more players rights to keep playing this game.

Just put the MC in this bag so I can have my pink stompy robots... Now shut up and take my money!

Edited by miSs, 22 April 2013 - 08:18 AM.
drug reference

#2 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

It's all true, I've seen it...
Admitting you have a problem is the first step :lol:

#3 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

I don't understand op, I mean... reading that literally hurt.

You, are fine with the game, despite the mini-map bug, despite loss of textures, FPS bugs, weapon balancing issues, you name it.

Don't get me wrong here OP, I've dropped well over 300+ on this title since "open beta" I bought founders, then additional MC after. I've been involved with this game since the second wave of closed beta invites when they opened to the public. But I've finally gotten to a point that I can't justify spending that much money on the product, I'm definately not getting the "Vision" that PGI pitched me, and I'm not at all happy with the devlopment cycle they've chosen that's allowing bugs to persist for 9+ months.

So tell me OP, what is it that they've "nailed" I'll agree that the combat feels relatively tight, and that it feels like the combat you read about in the Mechwarrior/battletech novels, it's what I picture when my mechs are slugging it out on tabletop, The visuals are good, and the gameplay if not for broken weaponry, is decent. But what keeps you coming back to this mech arena shooter at this point?

#4 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostProtoformX, on 20 April 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

#5 ProtoformX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 20 April 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Waaaa

Lol? Then why are you still playing? Some people are just born to complain.

#6 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostMycrus, on 20 April 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

owwww it beats me to it a whale protecting its investment XD

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

You, are fine with the game, despite the mini-map bug, despite loss of textures, FPS bugs, weapon balancing issues, you name it.

Reading that hurt. Those things are so petty to even weigh the success of the game on. Those are bugs. They aren't game breaking things like LRM's raining vertically down onto your mech, or an abundance of cheaters and bots that teleport through the map and headshot every time.

This game is good. This game has bugs, but so far that is expected. They have admitted that the game is still in beta because of the fact they're developing internal tools still, refining Q&A and equiping them with smarter ways to find bugs faster and easier, and so on. So complaining about bugs and saying they're ruining the game? Hardly. It would be nice to see them gone, but I've still get kills, I can still do damage, I can still play the game even though I don't have my minimap.

#8 Comguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 652 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

Every company would be glad about customers like you.

#9 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostMycrus, on 20 April 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

:lol:

Nice one Mycrus.

OP you should go read this article http://www.gamefront...-at-great-risk/

Once you have read that ProtoformX, I would be interested to know if you still feel the same way.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 20 April 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#10 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostComguard, on 20 April 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

Every company would be glad about customers like you.

Every company has customers like him.

€dit: Oh, this biased gamefront.com article again. Pure boredom.

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 20 April 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#11 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm enjoying the game as well; glad to see some positivity on the forums. I don't like the current meta, but the new pass on LRMs should sort a few things out. I think PPCs could be downtuned a bit as well- they were buffed in a world where actually hitting with them was a rare occurrence.

#12 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 20 April 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Every company has customers like him.

€dit: Oh, this biased gamefront.com article again. Pure boredom.

Well, I think it is relevant to what the OP talks about. I also think the article is correct. Indeed, quite a few other people 'in the industry' also agree with the general thrust of the article.

Please do not mistake my position. I want a Mechwarrior type game and I want it to survive. Just I think that the way PGI are taking it will inevitably lead to failure.

#13 Krubarax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 329 posts
  • LocationGBG, Sweden

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

I am with OP on this.
And I very rarely get any bugs. When they do happen, I shrug it off.

I can find something else to do for 7 minutes and then just jump into next game.
Although the no HUD bug can be really fun somethimes.
Last night I had no HUD at all and got highest damage and score with three kills.

I was playing with a friend and I walked next to him all the time.
I used my medium lasers as "tracers" for my AC20 :lol:

And when my friends mech was destroyed, he spectated on me and were pretty mucch saying "to the left! to the left! now you are on target! fire!" LOL

yeah.. that was great...

#14 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 20 April 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Nice one Mycrus.

Once you have read that ProtoformX, I would be interested to know if you still feel the same way.

That whole article is a joke. Please stop posting it like it's the holy grail. He puts the blame on PGI that people didn't understand when purchasing the founders package that the game is still changing. -CLOSED BETA ACCESS-. Nothing screams INCOMPLETE louder than being granted closed beta access.

The auther gets so caught up in what he's typing that he convinces himself that everyone who bought a founders package ever is now caught in a life of self-loathing and regret.

This conflux of nerd rage serves as a cautionary tale for both consumers and developers. To all you buyers: Be wary of your purchases. That $250 pack sure looks like a great deal, but it comes with the risk of the game changing in a way that you just can’t stand. Can you really afford to spend that much on a game you stand a good chance of abandoning later due to developer mismanagement?
MISMANAGEMENT?

MISMANAGEMENT?!
I spent $120 because I got 4 mechs that gave me a permanent bonus. I was given basically an $80 "in-store"(if you will) credit just for buying the package. I get recognized for my support with my name being put into the credits, AND... They gave be some sweet premium time that I can activate at anytime I want to.
They TOLD YOU. What you were getting for you money. They did not have another little box that said if you pay $120, the game stops production and it's released as-is because you like it so much. The auther makes people who bought into the founders look like a bunch of idiots who didn't know what was going to happen with their money, and they some how got lured into a trap lmao.

You're a spoiled little brat if you regret buying your founders package, and very naive if you thought the game isn't going to change once you put money down. After all, you bought the founders package to support PGI for making a decent Mechwarrior game. I highly doubt that anyone put any money down treating the founders package thinking "BOY. I'M GANNA DROP $120, BUT IF THEY MAKE ONE LITTLE CHANGE TO THE GAME I'M GANNA SNAP!!!!"

Anyways. I'm sick of seeing that article. It makes me rage harder than the people on the forums complaining about how the minimap bug is destroying the game...

*By "you" I don't mean specifically you, purplefluffybunny. I'm more speaking out to the general forum body than any specific one member. I have some pretty strong feelings towards that article... lol. I meant no disrespect to you Purple. This entire post is more directed towards that article than it is to you.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 20 April 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#15 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Some of the bugs are game breaking like the FPS bug but that's rare, and it will get fixed but it can take ages to debug, and honestly all games have bugs no matter who makes them.

Watch the halo 3 making of documentary, that shipped with 5000 small bugs that we're rare enough that few would find them, and fixing them could of caused bigger issues.

If we are having fun despite the bugs let us, if your not take a break or something constant QQ solves nothing phi knows about the bugs.

#16 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

Well, I think it is relevant to what the OP talks about. I also think the article is correct. Indeed, quite a few other people 'in the industry' also agree with the general thrust of the article.

See, and I think the article is wrong. It's as easy as that.

#17 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Just to respond.

I am of the opinion that these huge gulfs between what us players think, our sense of what is acceptable and a good deal, correlates with our age differences and the particular 'generation of gamers' that we come from. It seems to me that those critical of PGI come from the first generation of online gamers whilst those being uncritical are younger and perhaps did not experience it the first time around.

Is this correlation statistically significant? There is no way I can comment on that unless I see the data.

EDIT: Oh, don't worry guys I don't take it personally! I know you were not directing rage at me! All is cool here!

EDIT2: Personally, I think the idea of 'cognitive dissonance' is useful to understand why some of you are getting or feeling very emotive on this subject.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 20 April 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostProtoformX, on 20 April 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

You guys must be doing something right, PGI. Just since January I've already purchased enough MC to fund two years worth of an MMO subscription. I wouldn't have ever dreamed that I would be spending this kind of cash on a F2P game. You guys have found my weakness. I feel like I'm going back to the crack dealer to refill my stash every couple weeks.

That said, I'm HAPPY to give these guys my money. Beta whatever, bugs this; who cares? I play this game like 20 hours a week. That's a crapload of entertainment... For comparison I watch like 2 hours worth of TV in a week. I'll happily fund my right, and more players rights to keep playing this game.

Just put the MC in this bag so I can have my pink stompy robots... Now shut up and take my money!

I thought that dude in a hoody handing out little nickel bags marked "MC" looked a lot like Bryan.............

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

Don't get me wrong here OP, I've dropped well over 300+ on this title since "open beta" I bought founders, then additional MC after. I've been involved with this game since the second wave of closed beta invites when they opened to the public. But I've finally gotten to a point that I can't justify spending that much money on the product, I'm definately not getting the "Vision" that PGI pitched me, and I'm not at all happy with the devlopment cycle they've chosen that's allowing bugs to persist for 9+ months.

So tell me OP, what is it that they've "nailed" I'll agree that the combat feels relatively tight, and that it feels like the combat you read about in the Mechwarrior/battletech novels, it's what I picture when my mechs are slugging it out on tabletop, The visuals are good, and the gameplay if not for broken weaponry, is decent. But what keeps you coming back to this mech arena shooter at this point?

Truly, what does it matter?

If the OP is happy, and glad to play, that is his opinion. Yours is different. Kudos to you both. Doesn't make one of you right, the other wrong. Allow the dude to enjoy the game.

View PostDCLXVI, on 20 April 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

owwww it beats me to it a whale protecting its investment XD

ah, how cute, another person who feels that anyone that is actually enjoying the game is a "whale" either in denial, or trying to protect or justify his investment. Why not toss out Golds, Leets, etc and all the other derogatory forum jargon you folks fall back on when anyone dares to not see things the way you do?

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 20 April 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Nice one Mycrus.

yup, cause that isn't about the most biased hack job article in a while.......... I guess when one has no argument, they start trying to recycle old ones, no matter how bad. Not an attack on you, Purple, but simply, the article was hyperbolic trash. The Devs definitely spun a vision, but it was never part of our Founders Pack, some guarantee that it would unfold exactly that way. Once you add a Publisher to the equation, you should know that ain't likely to happen. But as for the Founders Packs, minus the name in credits part, we got everything we contractually signed up for. EVERYTHING. If anyone can show me something in our EULA or the Founders Contracts that said no Coolant Flush, no 3person, etc, I'll change my mind on that.

There are a lot of things I don't like, and those are two of them (the friggin HUD/Minimap Bug 10 months later, and worse than in Closed Beta is up there too), and the list goes one. Yet none of that has a damn thing to do with our Founders Packs.

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 20 April 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

That whole article is a joke. Please stop posting it like it's the holy grail. He puts the blame on PGI that people didn't understand when purchasing the founders package that the game is still changing. -CLOSED BETA ACCESS-. Nothing screams INCOMPLETE louder than being granted closed beta access.

The auther gets so caught up in what he's typing that he convinces himself that everyone who bought a founders package ever is now caught in a life of self-loathing and regret.
MISMANAGEMENT?

MISMANAGEMENT?!
I spent $120 because I got 4 mechs that gave me a permanent bonus. I was given basically an $80 "in-store"(if you will) credit just for buying the package. I get recognized for my support with my name being put into the credits, AND... They gave be some sweet premium time that I can activate at anytime I want to.
They TOLD YOU. What you were getting for you money. They did not have another little box that said if you pay $120, the game stops production and it's released as-is because you like it so much. The auther makes people who bought into the founders look like a bunch of idiots who didn't know what was going to happen with their money, and they some how got lured into a trap lmao.

You're a spoiled little brat if you regret buying your founders package, and very naive if you thought the game isn't going to change once you put money down. After all, you bought the founders package to support PGI for making a decent Mechwarrior game. I highly doubt that anyone put any money down treating the founders package thinking "BOY. I'M GANNA DROP $120, BUT IF THEY MAKE ONE LITTLE CHANGE TO THE GAME I'M GANNA SNAP!!!!"

Anyways. I'm sick of seeing that article. It makes me rage harder than the people on the forums complaining about how the minimap bug is destroying the game...

*By "you" I don't mean specifically you, purplefluffybunny. I'm more speaking out to the general forum body than any specific one member. I have some pretty strong feelings towards that article... lol. I meant no disrespect to you Purple. This entire post is more directed towards that article than it is to you.

I still wanna know where this 250 dollar founder pack is ....

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 April 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#20 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 April 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

[...]
yup, cause that isn't about the most biased hack job article in a while.......... I guess when one has no argument, they start trying to recycle old ones, no matter how bad.

Which lines in that article do you feel justify your opinion?

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users