How many of you play the tabletop game?

51 replies to this topic

#21 Punk KMSD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Haven't played in years. Started with the minatures in 90 - 91, use to make huge boards that would cover my friends table. Hand made terrain out of styro and old Model N train stuff, think I had more fun making that then playing at the time. Did a stint in DarkAges, I still rather like the system, also gave me the oppertunity to make all new terrain. :)

#22 Punk KMSD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

View Postchewie, on 08 November 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

*sigh*

not in far too long

Although, my 7yr old daughter might, might be swayed....she has the Starwars bug....so who knows...... but then I think her mum would crucify me for trying to do that :D

What kind of mom woulden't let their daughter get into a sweet game where you blow the snot out of giant robots while piloting one yourself?

Grounds for divorce, Chewie, grounds for divorce. :)

#23 Radman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWinter Garden, FL

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:18 AM

*sigh*

not in far too long

Although, my 7yr old daughter might, might be swayed....she has the Starwars bug....so who knows...... but then I think her mum would crucify me for trying to do that :D

Yeah, my 9yo daughter has the Star Wars bug big time but it'll be difficult to pry her away from her American Girl dolls. She showed a little interest when the miniature's were first broken out.

Played a 1-on-1 with my 6yo last night. Son had a Stinger and I had a Locust. Kid jumped for every single move :). Ended up being a close match. Ultimately he blew off both of my arms. His mech was finally destroyed when I blew off his left leg causing him to fall off a level 2 hill. Think he's hooked though!

#24 DRAGON69

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

have played since it was called battledroids..... i mostly play in the 3025 era.... and have played ALL the mechwarrior ... comander ...ect....:)
was praying a modern mech game would be out soon. :D
sooo bring it ... I WANT MY PPCs :D

#25 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:10 AM

I have the 2nd Jaguar Guard, Beta Galaxy in mini...yes I play tabletop

#26 Lio Lio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport News Virginia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

on and off since 1990

#27 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:45 AM

*sigh*

not in far too long

Chewie It's worth the Crucifixion! I got my daughter into BattleTech at 7! She won the Kerensky Bloodname at a LGS tournament, instantly becoming a legend in our area! She is a named character in the Redfield's Renegades thanks to Lawyers, Guns & Money. You could be tucking in the next Black Widow every night and not even know it! :D :)

#28 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

i´m playing on a regular base, lets say 1-2 times a month, since 18 years now. my most gaming time comes up on the
Battletech-Scenario-con "History Line" that my chapter is organizing every year.

#29 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:56 AM

View PostSartris, on 08 November 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

Every Monday. Love the variety of gear. 3025 play gets old for me pretty quickly.

3025 is the only way I'll play. :)

Starting with BattleDroids, I used to play a ton in the 80s (like, almost every day) until the I joined the USAF in 1992. During my time in the USAF I played enough to stay fresh with the rules, but as the game converted to the Clan mess I faded away. I tried ... I really tried to like playing with the new tech, but that game play simply didn't suit me. I like the slower, more ponderous game of 3025. I also like it's simplicity. Anyway, I didn't play for a few years, but since the mid-2000s I've been playing MegaMek - inconsistently, but regularly enough.

#30 Pointman1

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

I've wanted to play the Battletech board game, but i don't think any battletech stuff is sold here in the UK. I'm thinking about getting the 25th anniversary introductory box set from the US.
It's a longshot, but if anyone knows where i can get it in the UK, please let me know! Thanks.

#31 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

I have played the board game for nearly 15 years or so.
It was about 10 years ago I actually found a steady group in the DFW area.
So when this game is finally out I'll play it, but when I'm not the pods will be my next activity, unless I can get time to drive to my board game group, and if all else fails there's MegaMek.

All these possibilities and I still will never find time to paint and assemble all my minis and read all my Battlecorps stories.

Man oh man I love my addiction to this Universe. :)

Our group plays the various eras. One weekend we'll play the RoTS/WoB thing and the next weekend it might be 3025, or even (Duncan voice) Solaris!

I think the one weak spot we have is the RPGs, the group's size fluctuates too much for a steady game.
However we do play regular Total Warfare rules, some Tac Ops stuff, and the occasional space battle or Quick Strike game. No matter what we always use hexes!

#32 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Have a group of a dozen guys that gets together once a month to roll the dice. Yeah, we will still get together after MWO is released. Many of them are PC gamers as well and I'm sure we will be forming a Merc company.

Current tabletop campaign is set at Solaris. Free for all Grand Melee type battles every month. Made hexless 3d terrain of the major Solaris arenas for the campaign.

The Factory...
Posted Image

The Coliseum (with adjustable walls)
Posted Image

Video showing Factory, Hartford Gardens and Ishiyama (Tunnels) maps...
http://youtu.be/mA18LHljLMQ

#33 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 09 November 2011 - 05:10 AM, said:

I have the 2nd Jaguar Guard, Beta Galaxy in mini...yes I play tabletop

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. Not that it's bad, I've got the entire 33rd Avalon Hussars RCT in mini, it just doesn't surprise me that you'd have an entire Galaxy instead of the usual Cluster. Why Beta Galaxy anyway? Did they even survive Tukayyid?

#34 DFDelta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

I've played the TT a lot with friends back in ... something around 1996.

Sadly I'm the only one left of us with any interest in BT left, so I have to resort to MegaMek matches against bots for my regular dose of BattleTech.

#35 CheeryMick

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

I played desktop game recent years.Maybe for 3~4years.
i was playing wow.WOW is my favorite RPG Games.I also like MMO Games and Online Free Games

Edited by CheeryMick, 04 December 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#36 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

I have been playing since the early 90's, still get a ton of games in on various megamek servers.

#37 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

i actually have just started on megamek myself. But when doing the campaign with friends we start out at 3039..3025 could be a lot of fun.

@RangerRob I love what you do for the Terrain that is pretty sweet looking.

#38 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

I play both TableTop when I'm able and MegaMek when I don't. Currently part of the Crucible campaign on the BattleTech forums as Scotty, if anyone cross-forums.

#39 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

View PostPaladin1, on 09 November 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. Not that it's bad, I've got the entire 33rd Avalon Hussars RCT in mini, it just doesn't surprise me that you'd have an entire Galaxy instead of the usual Cluster. Why Beta Galaxy anyway? Did they even survive Tukayyid?

Aff, they did survive Tukayyid. It was Alpha Galaxy that was destroyed almost to a man. Only the distrust of Brandon Howell, Kerensky rest his soul, saved the Jaguar Grenadiers from complete destruction. Beta Galaxy slogged through the Racice River Delta and fought through a well entrenched enemy. After both of our Khans were thought dead, one actually and one not, the IlKhan ordered us to withdraw. Beta was stuck in a bog, unable to use our weapon ranges effectively or move with any purpose we saw that defeat had visited us this day and moved to husband our strength for the day we would return and destroy the Comguards for their treachery*. While Alpha only threw themselves in a berserker fury against the rest of their enemy. The 6th Jaguar Dragoons were cut off and destroyed to the man, while the fury of the Grenadiers in trying to save them opened them a path to the dropships...they took it.

In the end 90% of our forces were either dead or salvage, most of that from Alpha galaxy. I believe that had we not bid away an entire Galaxy we would have won the day. Coming so close with Alpha, I think if they would have had one more cluster at their disposal it would have tipped the scales in our favor. And had Beta had two I think our numbers could have broken us out of the traps laid for us. Every other clan took some form of force over two Galaxy's, we though that the trial was to be fought as a trial, not an inner sphere battle with a batchall. This mistake cost us our best warriors and turned our Khan against the veterans of the fight.

Also I am working my way to a Galaxy, but I bought some OPFOR for my Jaguars...gotta have some DCMS for them to beat up on :) the next unit I am making is the 1st Jaguar Guard, then the 267th Battle Cluster and finally the 362nd Assault Cluster, and the Galaxy will be complete.

If any of you are ever in the DC metro area...Jaguars always love the taste of new prey.

Edited by Amarus Cameron, 10 November 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#40 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

DC metro? You're a part of the Turkish Prison Gang aren't you? I used to live in NorVA until just recently and would game with Hellbie, Ben and the others on occasion when they would get down to Game Parlor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users