Any Suggestions To Improve Fps?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

I happen to have a built in OC software for the GPU. I looked at it a bit, but only have the stock cooling in place, so I am very hesitant to do that. The computer is also under warranty (and yes, I had to use it to replace the motherboard and graphics card), so I don't want to do too much as far as OC or replicating stuff right now. Give me a couple of months, and I might change my mind.

#22 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wanted to report back. Thanks to the recommendation from Darkdraw, and with help from Zerberus, I was able to make the .CFG edits, and my FPS is back in the 20s.

#23 Thecure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Disable the hardware acceleration in Flash player. You'll get 5-10 fps more.

#24 LowryD

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

can anyone give an idiots guide to trying to improve frame rate or settings ingame as too much techno babble for this old guy going on

#25 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

I like LowryD's idea. It took me awhile to figure this stuff out, and a lot of bugging others. Hell, I can't figure out how to get SweetFX to work properly, or how to find my Flash settings to do as TheCure suggested. My FPS, while better, has dropped a bit again, and Caustic is still about unplayable.
And FYI, the "fixer" tool PGI released did something to my FPS. It is back in the toilet. My user.CFG file, as well as others, and the in game settings, remain untouched, but I will fiddle with them again to get things back up to par.

#26 Bad Karma 308

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

Razer has a free download product called "Game Booster" that may help you: http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

It runs on the concept of shutting down as many of Windows background processes as it can in an attempt to free up system resources in order to reallocate them into improved FPS.

Even on my high end system it still allowed me to gain a few more FPS. Some have reported favorably while using it, others have had little or no luck. So try it out, with a grain of salt, if you will.

Edited by Bad Karma 308, 02 May 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#27 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostunFearing, on 23 April 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

You should all try this: http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

It boosted my frame rate for games by like 5-8fps I suppose.

Intriguing, this thing actually made a noticeable improvement to my FPS on my laptop. (may also be sorting out all the antivirus on the machine though too)

#28 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Mate, you have the A6 APU, get an A10.

Play windowed mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users