• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

Well you are in luck. We have answers to many of the questions. Seriously, come on by and ask away.

#222 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

So many answers. You will be amazed!

#223 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hello everyone, I have submitted my application to your site. However I am curious on blood names, this will be my first time joining a Clan in my years of playing Mechwarrior. I have a feeling Jordahl is not a Bloodname, hope that isn't of a big issue. Seeing as I did not see it in the list, only Jorgensen which I know from the lore.

Anywho, I'm home!

Edited by Koenig Jordahl, 24 July 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#224 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hello Koenig. You are correct; Jordahl is not a Bloodname but if you so choose, you can enter as a Trueborn & compete for one of the following Ghost Bear Bloodnames:

Posted Image

See you soon. :D

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 24 July 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#225 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Well then, its go for broke for me. I'd be honored to compete in a Trial of Bloodright (I believe that is the proper Trial in question.)

Thank you for the response. Whenever is possible I'd be happy to compete.

Edited by Koenig Jordahl, 24 July 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#226 Meowmixery

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

-I wanted to submit an application to be a Ghost Bear, although it would be pretty hard for me to be a bear when I am a cat.

But I suppose i'll have to try then only problem is bears are normally 7-8 feet and i'm sitting here at under 3.
Quite intimitating, i'd say. D:

This application might not be much since I don't really have many words.
-I tried reading the lore of the GhostBear, but from what i've seen it looks like i'm a Freebirth, a disgusting thing. I would like some help from the Nomatic tribe of Bears that will hopefully accept me into their den.

-Signed Kat.

#227 Ghozzt

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

View PostMeowmixery, on 24 July 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

-I wanted to submit an application to be a Ghost Bear, although it would be pretty hard for me to be a bear when I am a cat.

But I suppose i'll have to try then only problem is bears are normally 7-8 feet and i'm sitting here at under 3.
Quite intimitating, i'd say. D:

This application might not be much since I don't really have many words.
-I tried reading the lore of the GhostBear, but from what i've seen it looks like i'm a Freebirth, a disgusting thing. I would like some help from the Nomatic tribe of Bears that will hopefully accept me into their den.

-Signed Kat.

Although we are not for everyone, we accept all types as long as they respect our Code of Conduct. You never know unless you try, submit an application today! www.ghost-bear-command.com !

#228 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

I've yet to be contacted by any fellow bears on team speak information. I feel the need to carry the legacy of my forebears to Terra amongst my fellow Sibko!

But till then, I wait for my call, patiently.

#229 Ghozzt

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostKoenig Jordahl, on 25 July 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

I've yet to be contacted by any fellow bears on team speak information. I feel the need to carry the legacy of my forebears to Terra amongst my fellow Sibko!

But till then, I wait for my call, patiently.

Did you go to www.ghost-bear-command.com and register as well as submit an application?

#230 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostGhozzt, on 25 July 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

Did you go to www.ghost-bear-command.com and register as well as submit an application?

I've done that. So yes fellow bear! That's what I mean when I haven't been contacted yet.

#231 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostKoenig Jordahl, on 26 July 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

I've done that. So yes fellow bear! That's what I mean when I haven't been contacted yet.

There are two parts to the application, so he is just clarifying, since that is an issue most people run into. The first app is to get an Enjin (website) accountn that site, and the second one is to actually apply to the unit.

#232 Targun Darklighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBroken Wheel Federated Commonwealth

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

ok my question is: How that we have Pvt matches in game is Clan Ghost Bear going to new Trials of Positions and Trials of Bloodrights for all Clan warriors in the way that they should be done or just leave it as it is and just do Trial of Positions for New people who ask to join?

#233 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

"The way they should be done"
What do you mean by this? We have our trials that way for specific reasons, and no private matches have not changed them much at all. Except our bloodright has become closer to lore, but we are working out the details.

Edited by Lucky Moniker, 27 July 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#234 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 27 July 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

"The way they should be done"
What do you mean by this? We have our trials that way for specific reasons, and no private matches have not changed them much at all. Except our bloodright has become closer to lore, but we are working out the details.

I believe he might mean two cadets vs 6 warriors , but i am not sure. I am however interested about this topic.

#235 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

I very curious to what you mean Targun. All of Clan Ghost Bear Warriors are bloodied through proper trials of combat, we do not let them just enter our Clan. We have our trial method for specific reasoning and there is no reason for us to change it.

In a storybook like setting, it is all good and fine to have a warrior who is damn good at Mech piloting but not a good Commander. Aka the Star Commander who won his trial of Position with two kills. The pilot is a good shot for taking two opponents out, this does not mean they will have the same skill as a commanding officer.

Now, in a real life setting, this makes even less sense, including the fact we are a gaming group of more than 100 active (estimate). We may deviate from Lore in this, but we are also not thousands of Warriors strong like in Lore.

We pick our officers from the Warriors who are very active, show leadership skill and have an active interest in the Clan. Members who have been part of the unit for a few months. Does no good to have sibkin pass a trial, kill two people, get star Commander and given a star, shakes up that star and then becomes a real life person and decided thay want to go play another game now.

Also, speaking as someone who devised the core mechanics of our trial of entry structure, and that had seen hundreds of trial of positions, if done properly it would take a very skilled warrior to take out a second kill... We have specific chassis load outs we accept or the use of current trial Mechs. This focuses in the skills of the pilot and not the Mech crafting.

As for our trials of bloodright. Why would those need to be redone? They are done as close to Lore as possible. They just were done through inner sphere chassis, as that is all we had available.

All in all, no. No one in CGB is going to be requested to retrial.

#236 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 28 July 2014 - 01:16 AM, said:

I believe he might mean two cadets vs 6 warriors , but i am not sure. I am however interested about this topic.

This is just one Clans method of a ToP. Steel Viper iirc pits the Sibko against each other in hand to hand, then the survivor must still win his Mech combat. 2 vs 6 is no a standard, it is what was In a novel about Clan Wolf' way.

#237 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 28 July 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

This is just one Clans method of a ToP. Steel Viper iirc pits the Sibko against each other in hand to hand, then the survivor must still win his Mech combat. 2 vs 6 is no a standard, it is what was In a novel about Clan Wolf' way.

The Jade Falcons have a similar way to conduct their Trials, as they require their trueborn cadets to pass trough a forest, ambushed by freeborn cadets (though armed with low-powered weapons...) and then defeat an opponent in a 'Mech battle.

However, i remember the 2vs6 was also true for the Falcons, from what i remember of Way of the Clans. Not sure about the others. In other sources i have read that Clan Wolf actually puts cadets against warriors in Assault 'Mechs.

Anyway, we have deviated a bit from the lore, too, with a single cadet vs 3 opponents.. On a side note, i have seen at least a cadet take down two enemies in his Trial, though now he is part of the Delta Galaxy, but it is very hard in MWO and few are brave or skilled enough to try ;)

#238 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

Actually no, if you remember Way of the Clans there were 3 cadets taking their ToP.

#239 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 28 July 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

Actually no, if you remember Way of the Clans there were 3 cadets taking their ToP.

Then i may not remember it well. Wait, which Trial was it? Aidan's first one or "Jorge"'s one? Will check that..

#240 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Aidan's first one. It was him, Marthe & Bret.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users